Lifestyle "1983 Redux Zeitgeist Surf School"

Remove this Banner Ad

The Harptones track posits an interesting philosophical theory, before descending into schmaltz.

The philosophy is good.
Then there is the brain leap into the topic of dreams as a vehicle for molto schmaltzo.....the landscape is wide....
Postmodern schmaltz + dreams revisited:

66 pages of RZSS.

The road trip of the RZSS........from 'It's a wide open road' to 'Route 66'.......
Weather, fuel, maps, directions, byways, highways, baddonks.......
Are we there yet?

The philosophy is good.
Then there is the brain leap into the topic of dreams as a vehicle for molto schmaltzo.....the landscape is wide....
Postmodern schmaltz + dreams revisited:

Yep. That’s why I love this subversion …

The answer to are we there yet, possibly blowing in the wind of the 60's....this song year checks 1962.....

I've been collecting this time stamp data because of, the possibly illusional belief, that 1962 was a pivotal year.
That's a long thread that I haven't unravelled yet or knitted together. It's along the lines of the 'stainless steel age' and 'jet set babies' (treaty of the Concord 1962)....
Recent 1962 data collection example:
“The business of cloning is an outgrowth of the discovery of genomic equivalence, the fact that the DNA sequence is identical in all the cell types of our body. Evidence for genomic equivalence began to accumulate in the mid-twentieth century, and, in 1962, the British biologist John Gurdon succeeded in growing adult African clawed frogs from the intestinal cells of tadpoles, work for which he later won the Nobel Prize in Medicine. “ Ref; 'Best Inbreed’ by Alexandra Horowitz
The New Yorker.

We are always running down that road.
Running our engines, spinning our wheels.
Got to run now while the runnings good.

Hungry ghosts; tired person comes home after putting themselves out there and without immediate gratification of self, projects disatisfaction onto (insert issue here). Tired person has sleep, wakes up next day, makes choice(s). Are they amazed that they even woke up. Did they wake up.

Well the good news is that I did wake up, I wasn't amazed that I did and my cat celebrated by doing some Balmain Folk Dancing on my chest as a feeding ritual.

This is what I'll be doing today. Hopefully it's good news.

1962 Random Facts
  • The Australian Ballet Company founded.
  • Marilyn Monroe dies.
  • Spider-Man makes first appearance in a comic.
  • Jamaica gains independence from the U.K.
  • ‘West Side Story’ wins Academy Award for best picture.
  • Australia's population 10.7 Million.
  • World Population 3.13 Billion.
  • Even Steven’s wins the Melbourne Cup.
  • Essendon are VFL Premiers.
  • Jacques Anquetil wins the Tour de France.
  • The Beatles release ‘Love Me Do’ in the U.K.
  • John Glenn becomes the first American astronaut to orbit the Earth.
  • Average house price in Australia is £9,400.
  • Average salary in Australia is £2,510
  • Pamcake1 and 3KZ is Football are born.

IMG_6319.jpeg
“I saw most of that coming.”

Last edited:
Saturday share;
I've not read the book, the film was one of the biggies of teenagedom in the 70's but then you all know that already.
I saw the film in 1976 at the Theatre Royal in Castlemaine and I will never forget that in the most dramatic scene, the boy behind me who had already seen it, timed himself perfectly to grab my shoulders from behind. I leapt off my seat of course and was truly terrified. Human sharks are indeed the scarier ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saturday share;
I've not read the book, the film was one of the biggies of teenagedom in the 70's but then you all know that already.
I saw the film in 1976 at the Theatre Royal in Castlemaine and I will never forget that in the most dramatic scene, the boy behind me who had already seen it, timed himself perfectly to grab my shoulders from behind. I leapt off my seat of course and was truly terrified. Human sharks are indeed the scarier ones.

You are spot on Pammy. Human sharks certainly are.

Have a good one.

Melbourne Club History Files;
The Users Club 1970's
13615446_10155097649639546_5453486918197960800_n.jpg
"I rarely do this but I was asked by Melynda von Wayward to find some USER Club flyers etc.So after rummaging through my Memorabillia, here is a little taste of whats in my boxes- Seriously so much, thank god for David, who every week un be known to me kept my flyers and crap. I was too wrecked or the truth is had NO Idea about what History we were creating.I worked 7days a week to produce 1 night, and I loved every minute.But it is SO long ago and honestly I can't even remember half of it. Getting home at 5,6 or 7am on Saturday morning and then having Mel wake up at 7am, was to say the least a huge challenge. So things have changed, but great MUSIC lives on. Check out all the Bands. so many people contributed to these nights and WHY- Because it was damn simple we had FUN, we Loved it. So Steve Lucas,Adam Learner, Debbie Lee- Dinasaur, Denise Hylands,Max Crawdaddy,Bohdan Xero, Quincy Mclean, Bill Tolson,Mark Lopez, Katie Ceberano/Phil Ceberano, Paul Cumming, Komninos Konstantinos Zervos, Craig Pilkington [R.I.P Linda Gebar], Hugo Race, Peter Chellew and our old mate, Peter Jones R.I P., Tim Rosethorn, Barney Rubble and Sam Sejavka, Michael Lynch and Maz Tobacco,Paul Janovskis- In fact Cattle Truck -Opened on the 1st Night.So many bands rotated through the doors and so many people are still going strong.More power to you all." Linda Carrol

More info on venues;

Last edited:
Doing chores and waiting for the football to start so I put on one of my favourite ever punk albums.

I don't know if this is the RZSS debut for Nina Hagen, but this album is just so good. I remember hearing it when I was about 14 and to me, then, it was the epitome of all that was punk. It was dangerous. It was out of control. I didn't have a clue what she was singing about and I didn't care. After all these years it still gets my heart pumping and my pulse racing.

Film clip on this is poor, but this IS punk.

And a version of a song that people might remember.

She's just great.

The Doomsday Economy Files:

“We want to be an affordable survival option for the middle class,” he said."

"Bowling Alone'

The last NYT 2 shares for the month already.
Reading references;
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
The Mandibles; a family 2029-2047 by Lionel Shriver

1979-80 I knew X a science teacher friend of a boyfriend who was a survivalist, carried around his kit including a rifle in the boot of his white Toyota Carolla E20, he had food and other kits buried in two places in the state. One of these was Foster where he had some land, the other place was a secret. I wonder to this day whether, he, now aged of 74 and no doubt retired, still has the kit in the car or is holed up in a deliverence style place somewhere in Gippsland. I used to listen as survival scenarios were parsed over a game of chess with University cigarettes and the exercising of the what ifs. I thought it odd and an out there suburban fantasy exotica of the impotent intelligentsia in the wash up of the 60-70's ideals. Little did I know it was just a fore taste of the 'survival industry' that was to come. An industry now fed on the 'ethernet' and popularist media of another episode of the fantastical 'zombie appocalypse' that was right around the corner-is always right around the corner. Hello Henny Penny it's Cassandra calling. It has been around the corner historically as long as humans have been around, hard wired into the lizzard brain in part a legacy of prior necessity and there is argument for it being still of relevance. But there is an industrial scale now, monetized, the above article is in the business section and the reaches of the ethernet stretch to the far horizons. It's actually no suprise to see these types of articles at the moment as the 'leader of the free world' heads to an election shortly and the fires of fear get stoked daily. Why try and fix or save anything, or keep the show on the road, there's the chorus of too lates and the cartoon hook emerging stage left as the plot of crash and burn plays the matinee in the mainstream theatres. All preparation for control by fear..'it's the economy stupid.'

Punk a Photographic Journey The History of the Melbourne Punk Scene

Thanks Pammy. The link in your post yesterday provided a happy rabbit hole to fall into. I missed the INXS show, but was at the Mental as Anything gig the following week. I didn’t go to the Electric Ballroom that often, but did see The Sunnyboys there on another occasion. When the venue first opened their fliers and free passes seemed to be everywhere.

Last edited:
News out of the U.S.

After this morning, that country and the media are going to be even more unhinged.
My immediate thought was how does DT get over the conviction and further court cases, why an escaped assassination attempt, that will shift the news needle. Yes, I am that cynical.
450711324_884940310173160_2328954060643789979_n.jpg

Didn't know they did this cover version. Hope your re-entry today was smooth.
I've got a rotten week of admin writing to do and would prefer right now to saw off my fingers with a plastic serated knife but no, will trudge through it determinedly albeit resentfully.

Lifestyle "1983 Redux Zeitgeist Surf School"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back