1st Ashes Test England v Australia June 16-20 1930hrs @ Edgbaston

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So how are England going to play this? Two sessions - attacking fields, risking runs? Surely they will if it remains cloudy.

Otherwise they might set defensive fields and hope Aussies give their wickets away (which is how most have fallen on this pitch anyway)

Thoughts?
They'll leak 3 an over with defensive fields.

I think they'll attack early

As terrible as their weather may be there they still lose less days to rain there than Sydney does.
Reminds me of my misfortune arriving in Scotland and driving in the dark, ice and rain only to see some lunatic walking his dog. It was only after two weeks there that I realised you either walk you dog in the dark, ice and rain or you literally never walk your dog.

The weather radar on the Met office website looks hugely promising from lunch onwards. Very good chance only one session gets lost which leaves the draw as still the least likely of the three outcomes for mine.

The bookmakers all seem to be seeing it the same way too.

Maybe 3 hours of play will be available in a late session. But that would mean AUS would just be surviving and have no chance of winning.
That could be a naughty session for them .

Maybe 3 hours of play will be available in a late session. But that would mean AUS would just be surviving and have no chance of winning.
That could be a naughty session for them .

The smaller session suits as it’s unlikely to lose 7 wickets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

1st Ashes Test England v Australia June 16-20 1930hrs @ Edgbaston

Back