2005 Father-Son Draftees

Remove this Banner Ad

Travis Natt is a possibility at Port next year...tho only a small one. Was eligible this year and played reserves at the Port Magpies. Also played in the NT team that played a couple of months ago. He will have to come on in leaps and bounds next year to be considered tho.

Marc Murphy is an absolute gun. He is eligible to be drafted by Brisbane as his dad played 300 games with Fitzroy. He played for Vic Metro this year and would have been drafted had he been old enough.

One of the Kennedys will be drafted in 2 years. Josh i think his name is. Trained with Vic Metro U16 but i believe didnt make the final team, but don't worry Hawks fans this kid is an absoloute unit. Will be a great accusition for the club. Just a great footballer.

MB

evo said:
Bruce Monteath(1980 Richmond Premiership Captain) has a son eligible for 2005.I'd appreciate any info on him.

Kym Monteath, eligible this year, very keen to play for Richmond. Don't know much about him, apparently had a shoulder injury this year which stuffed his season a fair bit.

FIGJAM said:
It's going to be weird having a third round draft pick for once...we've run out of Clokes & Shaws!!

Monkhorsts kids aren't far away though...

Peter Moore's has a couple, one barracks for the pies and one for the demons. Not sure how old they are though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

scooter600x said:
Jim Sewell's son Mitch doesn't qualify for the Dogs as his old man only played 60-70 games.

Does he qualify for West Coast or Freo and is he any good?

He is a star in the making and isn't eligible for F/S at any clubs. West Coast have another Morton or two on the way but I am not sure how far away. Also Luke Harding son of Paul in the next few years but not sure if he is eligible either.

SirBloodyIdiot said:
What about thew Whitten kid? Any info on him.

They passed him up in 2003.

Dogs give Whitten III a year to grow
By Emma Quayle
October 15 2002

The Whitten name will not reappear at the Western Bulldogs next year.

The Bulldogs have opted against using their third-round selection in the national draft next month to make Dean Whitten, the 17-year-old grandson of football great Ted and son of Ted junior, a third-generation Bulldog.

But, in consultation with his family, the club has encouraged the onballer not to nominate for the November 24 draft.

Instead, Whitten will play another season for the Western Jets in the TAC Cup competition in the hope the Bulldogs will devote their third-round pick in the 2003 draft to him.

from what i understand, the next morton kid will be eligible for F/S to the eagles in 2006, but the youngest wont be done cooking till 2008, which is after the west coast-wafl 20-year father-son allowance finishes in 2007.

and it would be great to see a another whitten running around the afl

Hey What about Matthew Brown, son of Brain Brown and brother of Jonathan Brown, he has been training with the Lions for the last couple of years i think. anyway know anything about him?

smasher said:
Travis Tuck will be a definate starter next year.The kids a gun.

Next Year, as in we can pick him in F/S at the end of the 2005 season? Or did Michael Tuck not play enough games for him to qualify? :D

zero said:
from what i understand, the next morton kid will be eligible for F/S to the eagles in 2006, but the youngest wont be done cooking till 2008, which is after the west coast-wafl 20-year father-son allowance finishes in 2007.

and it would be great to see a another whitten running around the afl

Wouldn't Jarred Morton be available next year. I understand he is Year 12 this coming year.

Remove this Banner Ad

2005 Father-Son Draftees

Remove this Banner Ad

Back