2005 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

NorthBoi96 said:
In all honesty, we are going to have to fill Telstra Dome ourselves on the 8th of July vs West Coast.
They have around 50 fans in Melbourne. It will be shocking if there is less than 28,000.
If we get 32,000+ i wont stop smiling!

Perhaps we could hire some pole dancers for some pre-game entertainment, maybe one for each aisle :p

As others have highlighted three or four games of only playing Essendon once per year IN A ROW is beyond a joke. They are arguably our greatest rivals, and I am not surprised that almost all attendances to our encounters in recent memory have been stellar.

On the whole not too ********ed with the fixture, it has been obvious for some time know that the leagues basic stance is 'we'll give the weaker clubs financial support but after that we can do what we want'. Which sucks but until we have 30,000 members and an average attendance figure to match it is not going to be any different. It's the chicken and the egg theory, but as we know the AFL just doesn't care.

Think of the possie we do most of our travellin in the first half and we play adelaide before port so UNlike anyother team we can egt ot know the ground before playing port

NorthBoi96 said:
Here's from an off field financial point of view in terms of crowds for 2005. HOME GAMES:

Saturday 26th March
Kangaroos vs. Carlton at Telstra Dome: Should draw well, expect minimum of 42K.

ROUND 2
Saturday, 2nd April
Kangaroos vs. Sydney at Manuka Oval: Sell Out at Manuka, 14.5K

ROUND 4
Friday, 15th April
Kangaroos vs. Collingwood at M.C.G. (Night): Our One huge chance! Hopefully 50K+

ROUND 5 (Anzac Day)
Saturday, 23rd April
Kangaroos vs. Hawthorn at M.C.G. Generally Draw well, when playing well. Around 35K

ROUND 8
Saturday, 14th May
Kangaroos vs. Western Bulldogs at Telstra Dome (Night) If playing well around 30K, if Not around 25K.. Will be a very much Pro- North Crowd.

ROUND 11
Sunday, 5th June
Kangaroos vs. Melbourne at Manuka Oval (Early Start): Hrmmm Not sure why we're playing Melbourne there... Lucky to draw 10K

ROUND 12 (Queens Birthday)
Sunday, 12th June
Kangaroos vs. Richmond at Telstra Dome. Sunday Match, somewhere around 35K

ROUND 15
Friday, 8th July
Kangaroos vs. West Coast at Telstra Dome (Night) Another HUGE chance to stamp our authority. if we can't draw 28K to this match, we don't deserve them. Simple! 30K

ROUND 17
Sunday, 24th July
Kangaroos vs. Adelaide at Telstra Dome... Tough slot... Pushing 30K if playing well.
ROUND 18

Sunday, 31st July
Kangaroos vs. Port Adelaide at Manuka Oval (Early Start) Lucky to pull 10K.

ROUND 20 (Heritage Round)
Saturday, 13th August
Kangaroos vs. St. Kilda at Telstra Dome, Hopefully same turn out as this year, 42K+

All in all if things go our way in terms of on field success, we really should do well in terms of off field financial matters... Attendances etc...

A Profit is certainly not our of the question.
Generally you can expect 20 000 Hawthorn supporters for an away game if we are competitive in the opening rounds.
But if this game was on a Saturday expect a crowd of excess of 42 000 people, but as its on a Sunday expect a few less Hawthorn people there-your right around 35-37 000.

greg said:
Perhaps we could hire some pole dancers for some pre-game entertainment, maybe one for each aisle :p

Gees Greg the last time i pole danced at the footy i got called a skank etc etc.... no more pole dancing for me and it wasnt even an afl game and most the crowd had gone home :(

Archer_11 said:
it has been obvious for some time know that the leagues basic stance is 'we'll give the weaker clubs financial support but after that we can do what we want'. Which sucks but until we have 30,000 members and an average attendance figure to match it is not going to be any different. It's the chicken and the egg theory, but as we know the AFL just doesn't care.
Very true words A11.

The draw is horrific for us from a $$ viewpoint. 2 Friday night games and 3 Sat night (of which only one is guaranteed Free to Air coverage).

This may mean little to some but believe me is one of the most major determinants of club revenue levels annually. It is all about exposure. Sponsors flock to sides that have max free to air prime time coverage.

I have heard Brian Cook at Geelong give presentations on this point before. The story he related in 2003 was that when their man went to renegotiate with Ford in 2003 the question was not how many games you have won it is "how many times have we been on Free to Air this season".

Fox Footy remains such a tiny part of the picture in terms of audience reach that it doesn't even bear consideration.

You will notice however that all the clubs' CEO's commented that they were all "happy with their draws". In reality this is likely just spin doctoring so as not to get sponsors nervy. Geoff Walsh and co would be spewing with what the AFL served up. The Bulldogs were simlarly treated. Very hard to grow the brand in this environment.

PS The other thing about exposure is that impressionable young unaligned supporters are more likely to follow Collingwood, Essendon etc as they are on Friday footy each week. Hence at every level sadly the rich get richer.

NorthBoi96 said:
Sydney should be our rivals.... 96GF, 98 Grudge Match 99-2002, Boo A Roo Campaign.
Surely Sydney would be better.

Agreed NorthBoi96, there is huge amount of rivilry between us and the Swans over the years. Also added to that it would have been good to boost us & Sydney as derby kind of thing as well with the Canberra market, but then again what do I know.

Aliroo said:
For the 3rd year in a row we are playing only 1 game, an Away game v Essendon at The Dome - which creates very limited opportunity for our supporters to attend. Three years straight is a bit much - this year it should have been our home game, which probably would have been a sellout.

Agreed Aliroo. North supporters love playing Essendon but lots won't be able to attend because of it being an Essendon home game & a sellout possible with a huge amount of the crowd being Essendon members.

I'm sooo pumped for round 1!

When we played Carlton in Rd 3 this year... there were heaps of North fans there... hopefully we can get 45,000 + and really boost the club off to a flyer!
Then i'm even more pumped for when we play Collingwood on the Friday Night in Rd 4.... If both teams are playing well, 60,000 is not out of the question.

Then we have the Telstra Dome to ourselves when we play against the Toasters... If playing well, be may crack 30,000.. .considering Friday Nights are genrally the biggest crowds for clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

2005 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back