2006 Grand Final: Performance Enhanced?

Remove this Banner Ad

In the light of recent "facts" I don't know that you can say that anymore.

I think there is now a very very big asterix next to the 2006 West Coast premiership.

Amphetamines can be performance enhancing!

This issue has been discussed in two other threads.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307616
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305376

My club's supporters have been bashed over the head with this accusation for some time now, so when considering the Ben Cousins case, I ask, IF he has been abusing amphetamines, would this constitute being a drug cheat.

One thing I noticed about Ice users is increased aggressive behaviour and a willingness to be more physically aggressive, even when the drug is not detectable in their system. In contact sport this no doubt gives an advantage.

So my question is, IF the WCE are rife with drug use, would this constitute them as being drug cheats and if so, would they be considered to have cheated their way to a flag?

Anyone who thinks that amphetamines couldn't enhance performance are kidding themselves. A very big asterix indeed.

Definitely food for thought. Refreshingly interesting to see the thread is started by a weagle too.

Definately not a Weagle!!!! Victorian through and through.

As others have said. If the AFL are serious about this issue then they owe it to the game to drug test both teams after the Grand Final.

Bushy.

Unfortunately You cannot help but wonder when the Players that led the magnificent last quarter comebacks are the same players involved in the current debacle.

Disappointed Ripper, thought you were above that sort of baseless, facile smear and innuendo.

It adds nothing to the debate.

Put up or shut up

With all due respect Exeter, this is exactly what a lot are thinking. It is fact that Cousins at least lied to Worsfolds face. It is open to interpretation that there were possibly more players that lied to him as well. It must be hard for Worsfold to now look at his list and see who he can and can't trust.

This is a Huge issue, it raises more questions the longer the debate goes on.

Thanks for your input.

Bushy

Disappointed Ripper, thought you were above that sort of baseless, facile smear and innuendo.

It adds nothing to the debate.

Put up or shut up

Sorry Ex , Hard as I try not to think that way , that is the way I feel about it & I don't think I am alone. I have kept out of the Cuz/ Kerr / Woosh / WC threads , prefering to concentrate on issues like increased drug testing and thing that will improve the integrity of the Comp.

Whether you like it or not , Cuz / Kerr actions & Woosh's non actions have bought the percieved integrity of the comp into doubt.

I take no joy from these events and consider the whole saga is incredibly sad.

dosnt matter WCE won the grand final and their is nothing Sydney can do to get it back in the record books its gonna say Premiers 2006 was WCE for the rest of your life :thumbsu:

With all due respect Exeter, this is exactly what a lot are thinking. It is fact that Cousins at least lied to Worsfolds face. It is open to interpretation that there were possibly more players that lied to him as well. It must be hard for Worsfold to now look at his list and see who he can and can't trust.

This is a Huge issue, it raises more questions the longer the debate goes on.

Thanks for your input.

Bushy

But the implication here is that some of the boys go and snort lines at half time to get them up for a win - and that's just an unfounded slur - on individuals, the club and the AFL as a whole.

It also not so subtly undermines the fact that the reason West Coast was able to pull these wins off is that they were and remain a very well disciplined, highly skilled and talented team with a never say die attitude. It also helps that on two famous occasions last season they faced mentally fragile opponents who dropped their collective bundles when the pressure was poured on.

There's a danger of this whole thing blowing up into a witch hunt and that's in nobody's best interests.

Please don't muddy the waters with unfounded rumour mongering. Use your judgement to sift the truth from the bullsiht.

The problem with this stuff is that there is a fair portion of cerebrally challenged posters on this site that choose to believe and peddle all sorts of crap because it matches their own ill-informed prejudices and petty jealousies. (Not you or Ripper)

Please don't feed them..

But the implication here is that some of the boys go and snort lines at half time to get them up for a win - and that's just an unfounded slur - on individuals, the club and the AFL as a whole.

It also not so subtly undermines the fact that the reason West Coast was able to pull these wins off is that they were and remain a very well disciplined, highly skilled and talented team with a never say die attitude. It also helps that on two famous occasions last season they faced mentally fragile opponents who dropped their collective bundles when the pressure was poured on.

There's a danger of this whole thing blowing up into a witch hunt and that's in nobody's best interests.

Please don't muddy the waters with unfounded rumour mongering. Use your judgement to sift the truth from the bullsiht.

The problem with this stuff is that there is a fair portion of cerebrally challenged posters on this site that choose to believe and peddle all sorts of crap because it matches their own ill-informed prejudices and petty jealousies.

Please don't feed them..

Exeter, I don't believe I am rumourmongering. I am simply saying that the perception of wrongdoing is hanging over the club and that is what has got everyone fired up.

Of course it is silly to say that Sydney should be awarded the cup, but the thing is this whole sad saga is going to hopefully force change and that a better way of dope testing is introduced so that the perception of any wrongdoing by any club is gone.

BushDemon

Whose perception?

The natives of Big Footy?

Eagles fans? Dockers Fans(many of whom struggle with impartiality when it comes to the Eagles)? other clubs fans? journalists? the electronic media? John Bloody Howard?

Perception is fed by a whole range of subjective views, prejudices and agendas.

I couldn't give a toss about perception.

I do give a toss about what my club and the AFL are going to do about what is potentially a far reaching problem.

I'm satisfied that my club is dealing with it appropriately.

Whose Perception? Are you serious? Everyone interested in football is talking about this.
I just hope the AFL get serious about drug testing.

Hope you aren't suffering from WestCoastius Persecutionitis Exy???

Have a good weekend.

Bushy :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2006 Grand Final: Performance Enhanced?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back