AE 2007 - AE 3XKO Submissions

Remove this Banner Ad

re: Week 11 BF NFL AE 3XKO Submissions Thread

This thread is STRICTLY for the Remaining SIX to submit thier 3XKO team that Must WIN.

Please note: You are allowed to change your mind...edited posts..no problem. DEADLINE is MONDAY 2AM. Failure to submit will be enforced as per rules & regulations.
Failure to submit either Knockout & AE Yahoo pick'em tips shall forfiet thier qualification in the 3XKO.

You can PM your teams to me if you like, I'll keep them on the one Single POST

3XKO LIST after Week 10

meltiger XXX (saints, jags, bungals) GAWN!!
balmainforever XXX (bungals, redskins, chargers) GAWN!!
camsmith XXX(panthers, chargers & eagles) GAWN!!
wolfmother XXX(panthers, vikings & chargers) GAWN!!
dannyboy87 XXX(rams x2,missed week) GAWN!!
GeeCats07 XXX (chiefs, chargers & dolphins) GAWN!!
CONS_SS XXX(eagles, chargers & bears) GAWN!!
Marcuz XXX (broncos, chargers & bears) GAWN!!
Woodson XXX (rams, chargers & steelers) GAWN!!
juddy_like XXX(bungals, bucs & chargers) GAWN!!
kimirocks XXX (dolphins, cards & chargers) GAWN!!
Kittlemiester XXX (rams, seahags & bungals) GAWN!!
manureid XXX (bungals & chargers x2) GAWN!!
Wizard_9 XXX (bungals & chargers x2) GAWN!!
bloods33 XXX(panthers, chargers & saints) GAWN!!
NDG XXX (jags, bungals & saints)GAWN!!
redragger XXX(eagles, chargers & saints)GAWN!!
Lenny Briscoe XXX (broncos, jets & colts) GAWN!!
TGBB XXX (eagles, bungals & colts) GAWN!!

danielz_23 XX (bungals & ravens)
fuey XX (eagles & jets)
g.g XX (eagles & texans)
Hotel 6 XX (eagles & chargers)
JeffDunne XX (jags & seahags)
TAC Hawks XX (jags & chargers)

Great week to get complacent Patsies... GO BILLS!!

Re: Week 11 BF NFL AE 3XKO Submissions Thread

3XKO Update Week 11

fuey XX (eagles & jets)
g.g XX (eagles & texans)

Pending results:

TAC Hawks: Patriots
Hotel6: Patriots (default team.. highest ranked Road team)

.... go bills :p

re: Week 12 BF NFL AE 3XKO Submissions Thread

This thread is STRICTLY for the Remaining SIX to submit thier 3XKO team that Must WIN.

Please note: You are allowed to change your mind...edited posts..no problem. DEADLINE is FRIDAY 4AM. Failure to submit will be enforced as per rules & regulations.
Failure to submit either Knockout & AE Yahoo pick'em tips shall forfiet thier qualification in the 3XKO.

You can PM your teams to me if you like, I'll keep them on the one Single POST

3XKO LIST after Week 11

meltiger XXX (saints, jags, bungals) GAWN!!
balmainforever XXX (bungals, redskins, chargers) GAWN!!
camsmith XXX(panthers, chargers & eagles) GAWN!!
wolfmother XXX(panthers, vikings & chargers) GAWN!!
dannyboy87 XXX(rams x2,missed week) GAWN!!
GeeCats07 XXX (chiefs, chargers & dolphins) GAWN!!
CONS_SS XXX(eagles, chargers & bears) GAWN!!
Marcuz XXX (broncos, chargers & bears) GAWN!!
Woodson XXX (rams, chargers & steelers) GAWN!!
juddy_like XXX(bungals, bucs & chargers) GAWN!!
kimirocks XXX (dolphins, cards & chargers) GAWN!!
Kittlemiester XXX (rams, seahags & bungals) GAWN!!
manureid XXX (bungals & chargers x2) GAWN!!
Wizard_9 XXX (bungals & chargers x2) GAWN!!
bloods33 XXX(panthers, chargers & saints) GAWN!!
NDG XXX (jags, bungals & saints)GAWN!!
redragger XXX(eagles, chargers & saints)GAWN!!
Lenny Briscoe XXX (broncos, jets & colts) GAWN!!
TGBB XXX (eagles, bungals & colts) GAWN!!

fuey XX (eagles & jets)
g.g XX (eagles & texans)

Danielz: Cardinals, Cowboys & Steelers (all MUST WIN!!)
Fuey: Cowboys
gg: Colts
hotel6: ????
JeffDunne: Cowboys & Patriots (both MUST WIN)
TAC Hawks: Colts

Don't be a Turkey this Thanksgiving Day

SUBMIT YOUR AE Picks HERE before deadline.... Friday 23rd 4 AM! not PM.
Failure to do so will automatically eliminate the 3XKO survivors.

Re: Week 12 BF NFL AE 3XKO Submissions Thread

Woodson...

We have a situation.

I was going thru all the picks made thru all 11 weeks of the remaining people, just to do stats of who's picked the most, what teams they favored the most, etc, (the results can be found in the next post), and I noticed that both Danielz and JeffDunne had unintentionally broken the rules.

RULES AND REGULATIONS:

You may not select the same team in two consectative weeks unless it loses in the first week. (yes, you would have ONE/ TWO strikes against your name).

In week 1, Danielz selected "Pittsburgh, Seattle, Dallas".
In week 2, Danielz selected "Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh".

In week 2, JeffDunne selected, "Pittsburgh, Chicago, X".
In week 3, JeffDunne selected, "New England, Pittsburgh, X".

As Pittsburgh won in week 1 and week 2, then neither should've been allowed to select the same team as per the rule.

Does that mean they are both pushed to a 3rd X now and eliminated? Or maybe now given a retrospective "highest road team" default selection for that week to replace the Pittsburgh choice made, and see if they won or lost that week?

Would that be New Orleans for Danielz (15 confidence) in week 2? If so, New Orleans lost that week. Can't be Indy at 16 confidence as that was an original 3xko week 2 selection.
Would that be Carolina for JD (14 confidence) in week 3? If so, Carolina won that week.

Stats...

Danielz up to this point has had 17 picks.
Danielz has selected 9 different teams.
That's 52.9% variety/risk.
Danielz has favored the following teams: Indy 4, NE 3, Pittsburgh 2, Dallas 2, Baltimore 2, Seattle 1, Cincinnati 1, Carolina 1, NO 1.

Fuey up to this point has had 17 picks.
Fuey has selected 12 different teams.
That's 70.6% variety/risk.
Fuey has favored the following teams: Indy 3, NE 3, Dallas 2, Seattle 1, Denver 1, Chicago 1, Philly 1, Baltimore 1, Jets 1, SanDiego 1, Cleveland 1, GreenBay 1.

Hotel6 up to this point has had 16 picks.
Hotel6 has selected 10 different teams.
That's 62.5% variety/risk.
Hotel6 has favored the following teams: NE 5, Pittsburgh 2, Baltimore 2, Denver 1, Philly 1, Chicago 1, SanDiego 1, Dallas 1, Giants 1, NO 1.

TACHawks up to this point has had 21 picks.
TACHawks has selected 13 different teams.
That's 61.9% variety/risk.
TACHawks has favored the following teams: NE 4, SanDiego 3, Indy 2, Baltimore 2, Seattle 2, Jacksonville 1, Chicago 1, Denver 1, Dallas 1, Tennessee 1, Giants 1, NO 1, Pittsburgh 1.

JeffDunne up to this point has had 18 picks.
JeffDunne has selected 10 different teams.
That's 55.6% variety/risk.
JeffDunne has favored the following teams: NE 3, Indy 3, Pittsburgh 3, Jacksonville 2, Seattle 2, Denver 1, Chicago 1, Dallas 1, Tennessee 1, GreenBay 1.

GG up to this point has had 16 picks.
GG has selected 13 different teams.
That's 81.3% variety/risk.
GG has favored the following teams: Seattle 2, Philly 2, Tennessee 2, Pittsburgh 1, Jacksonville 1, Chicago 1, Arizona 1, Giants 1, Houston 1, Dallas 1, SanDiego 1, TampaBay 1, Buffalo 1.

Well, just when you thought the water passed under GG's bridge.. I've been pulled up.. :D Good work gg. I'm sure we can come to a SOLUTION for the cheeky chaps.

The 3XKO solution is:

JD : To select TWO teams for this Week only, that MUST BOTH WIN to remain in the 3XKO contest. (excl. Colts)

danielz : Dodged a bullet but here comes another one to square off..

To select THREE teams for this week only, that MUST ALL WIN to remain in the 3XKO contest. (excl. Colts)

Good luck Guys..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed GG you have a prob with picking the Patsies??
Pick them this week and your stats will be 17 picks, 14 diff teams @ 82.5%

Must have a problem, didn't realize it really.
Or doing it all with extra difficulty...something I always seem to do with anything.
Not sure who I'll pick yet, will play it by ear, and maybe I do reach 82.5!

I don't have a problem with the solution Woodson but I don't understand why Dan has to pick 3??

gg, did anyone ever tell you you're a pain in the arse? :)

Me? No, never.

I'm assuming Danielz three, because either a) he had three lives that week and you two, or b) his default road team lost but yours won, so an extra pick for him.

I do not understand why I have to pick three...

I made the exact same fault yet have to make one more pick...?

The way I see it we both incorrectly picked the same team two weeks in a row so we have to make up for that error... don't see the logic or link between me picking 3 compared to 2....

Apologies to all. I've actually been very switched on with that fact and been looking weeks ahead but not at that point obviously.

:eek:

I do not understand why I have to pick three...

I made the exact same fault yet have to make one more pick...?

The way I see it we both incorrectly picked the same team two weeks in a row so we have to make up for that error... don't see the logic or link between me picking 3 compared to 2....

Apologies to all. I've actually been very switched on with that fact and been looking weeks ahead but not at that point obviously.

:eek:

In Week 1 you selected your 3XKO teams: Dallas, Pittsburgh & Seattle

All teams WON!

In week 2: You selected : Cincinnati, Indianapolis & PITTSBURGH!!

Now, as the enquiry has been Re-Opened and I somehow :eek: OVERLOOKED that at the time (I have pulled up a few others in the meantime since btw) .. that you can't have the same team in consectitive weeks so that Pittsburgh pick should of been NULL & VOID and replaced by your 'highest rated ROAD team' in which in Week 2 was Indy 16... but you already picked Indy.. so the next highest road team was New Orleans >> who LOST @ Tampa & your Cinci pick which you also picked also BOMBED OUT (Cinci lost @ Dawg Pound) ...that leaves you with Two XX after week 2... you probably thought 'phew' dodged a bullet there but in Week 11, along comes the 3XKO marshall named gg...

Can't really pull the RUG beneath you & eliminate you after all this time so the solution stands as the Fairest option.

btw... JD's highest 'ligitamate' Road team rank in week 3, Carolina, defeated the Falcons.. JD had selected Pittsburgh in consectative weeks (2 & 3) that's why he has to select two teams.

Can we discuss this any further...

The two competitions are completely separate, am I not right? I cant see how my actions in one competition can change the outcome of another... this is what is happening.

Really what has happened is we have both picked Pittsburgh twice... we are both on a strike at the moment... the punishment should be

(a) we are knocked out of the competition
(b) we both have to pick two teams or even three

I did the wrong thing and will wear it but the variance makes no sense and there is no direct correlation... except for the fact we made the same fault

Bottom line is I shouldn't be punished for getting a team that lost that I didn't pick... whereas the other guy was fortunate the stars aligned so that the team that fell to him won... we should both be dished a punishment... which I'd suggest be equal

Sounds all too confusing for me.

Here's a simple solution, we get one pick each but I get to pick Dan's and he gets to pick mine.

Should ensure both of us get knocked out soon enough.

I think the rules of the comp explain from the outset that the AE Tipping comp will be used as a fall-back plan when people a) forget to put their 3xko selections in, b) when they pick the same team twice.

RULES AND REGULATIONS:

Default conditions for the THREE STRIKES KNOCKOUT comp is that you shall recieve the BEST ranked ROAD Teams of that particular week if you are yet to be eliminated. In the case that you have not selected any Road teams, you shall recieve the best ranked (from) 4th,5th & sixth Home Team of that particular week (inclusive of consectative winning team restriction).

This has already happened thruout the season as I think a few people already have been eliminated because they didn't put their selection in and the AE road team was used which eliminated them. And I think a couple people also fortuitously won after not putting their tips in and Woodson awarding them their highest road team from AE.

So, if that had happened back then instead of today, Danielz would've had no choice but to accept New Orleans (who lost), taking him to two strikes at the time. He later had a strike with the Ravens, so in retrospect, Danielz would've been eliminated.

While, JD would've been forced to accept Carolina (who won) so would've remained on the one strike. And would still have one strike left as of today.

I think Woodson is conscious tho of not being nasty here either. Because 9 whole weeks have passed since then and it would be a bit rough to just say, "Danielz youre eliminated, but JD stays". I think he's trying to offer you both a one-week-only chance at staying alive if this 'test' can be passed. Then you'd be back to normal picking the one team.

Basically...

The 'punishment' is that the highest ranked road team is used - precedence already of that happening this season. Danielz would've been eliminated if Woodson had seen it earlier. But JD would've remained alive.

But as Woodson is trying to find a way to avoid just eliminating you like that, then he's offering a one-week-only reprieve by making you pick 3 teams - because you'd be eliminated otherwise.

In a way, JD is taking a bullet for you here because JD would've been reprieved by Carolina if Woodson enforced the AE Default rules and knocked you out.

So Woodson trying to find a way to reprieve Danielz means JD has to be given a similar (but not exact) 'punishment'. 3 vs 2 selections.

It could be argued that those other people who've already been eliminated by the AE Default rule would be a little pissed that they didn't get a similar chance to reprieve themselves, and could argue that Danielz shouldn't be even given a chance to reprieve.

Woodson's just trying to be a good sport is all....due to a whole 9 weeks passing without anyone realizing.

Btw, I do sincerely apologize for causing any argument/problems due to all this. Seems I'm in the firing line of late with people annoyed at me...but i had no malice or agenda in either situation.

Basically...

The 'punishment' is that the highest ranked road team is used - precedence already of that happening this season. Danielz would've been eliminated if Woodson had seen it earlier. But JD would've remained alive.

But as Woodson is trying to find a way to avoid just eliminating you like that, then he's offering a one-week-only reprieve by making you pick 3 teams - because you'd be eliminated otherwise.

In a way, JD is taking a bullet for you here because JD would've been reprieved by Carolina if Woodson enforced the AE Default rules and knocked you out.

So Woodson trying to find a way to reprieve Danielz means JD has to be given a similar (but not exact) 'punishment'. 3 vs 2 selections.

It could be argued that those other people who've already been eliminated by the AE Default rule would be a little pissed that they didn't get a similar chance to reprieve themselves, and could argue that Danielz shouldn't be even given a chance to reprieve.

Woodson's just trying to be a good sport is all....due to a whole 9 weeks passing without anyone realizing.

Btw, I do sincerely apologize for causing any argument/problems due to all this. Seems I'm in the firing line of late with people annoyed at me...but i had no malice or agenda in either situation.

Thanx Sherlock. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

AE 2007 - AE 3XKO Submissions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back