Saturday March 24th
* Glenelg v North, Challenge Recruitment Oval, Glenelg
* Sturt v South, Thebarton Oval
* Norwood v Eagles, Coopers Stadium
* Port Adelaide Magpies v Central, Alberton Oval
Bye: West - who will play Tassie Devils VFL team at North Hobart Oval

Week 5
Saturday, March 31st
* South v Glenelg, Arctic Park (aka Alan Hickinbotham Oval, Noarlunga)
* Eagles v North, Thebarton Oval
* Sturt v Norwood, Unley
* Central vs West, Hamra Homes Oval, Elizabeth
Bye: Port Adelaide Magpies

You can find that sort of info on footysa's Wiki
but to save you a click:
Week 1
Friday February 16th
* Norwood v Adelaide Crows, Coopers Stadium

Week 2
Saturday March 10th
* Norwood v Port Adelaide Magpies, Coopers Stadium

Week 3
Friday March 16th
* North v Port Adelaide Magpies, Coopers Stadium 7pm

Saturday March 17th
* Eagles v Sturt, Thebarton Oval
* Central v Glenelg, Hamra Homes Oval, Elizabeth
* South v West, Noarlunga
Bye: Norwood

Week 4
Saturday March 24th
* Glenelg v North, Challenge Recruitment Oval, Glenelg
* Sturt v South, Thebarton Oval
* Norwood v Eagles, Coopers Stadium
* Port Adelaide Magpies v Central, Alberton Oval
Bye: West - who will play Tassie Devils VFL team at North Hobart Oval

Week 5
Saturday, March 31st
* South v Glenelg, Arctic Park (aka Alan Hickinbotham Oval, Noarlunga)
* Eagles v North, Thebarton Oval
* Sturt v Norwood, Unley
* Central vs West, Hamra Homes Oval, Elizabeth
Bye: Port Adelaide Magpies
West vs Centrals at Broadspectrum on the last weekend of trials

West vs Centrals at Broadspectrum on the last weekend of trials
That's interesting .. Westies website says it is at Broadspectrum, and Dogs site says it is at Hamra Homes. Both games could be a bit one sided. :eek:

I think you will find the SAAFL U23 game is on 10th March, from noon, at Broadspectrum.

there will be a sturt VS port adelaide power trial match this coming saturday on the 24th of feburary. not sure where it is being held tho. its a game with 6 "quarters" the port power young guns and rookies will play the sturt seniour team for the first 3 periods and then it will be a sturt internal trial for the remaining 3 periods. should be a good hit out.

there will be a sturt VS port adelaide power trial match this coming saturday on the 24th of feburary. not sure where it is being held tho. its a game with 6 "quarters" the port power young guns and rookies will play the sturt seniour team for the first 3 periods and then it will be a sturt internal trial for the remaining 3 periods. should be a good hit out.

10am on Saturday morning at Alberton.

That's interesting .. Westies website says it is at Broadspectrum, and Dogs site says it is at Hamra Homes. Both games could be a bit one sided. :eek:

I think you will find the SAAFL U23 game is on 10th March, from noon, at Broadspectrum.
It also says on the westies website that Juniors our out at Elizabeth on the same day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devils 93 Westies 80 last I checked Devils were in front by 25 points going into the final quarter but the Bloods were coming back with a fast finish. It was getting cold towards the end I think the Devils may have hung on.

Sounds like a good finish then, any word on goal kickers for the Bloods? I was just wondering if Cupido had gotten a goal, he had given away a 50 metre penalty in the 3rd, and was taken off for awhile, he had a bad second quarter.

Brodie Moles from Tasmania may be in some trouble, a high hit while sheparding may see him in trouble. He was given the first kick against, and was mouthing off costing them 50, he was taken off and replaced but later returned to the field.

Cupido took a good one handed mark during the final, which he converted so that would have unless he kicked one in a the first his only goal for the game.

No i don't becaus iam over in South Australia got scores sms through
Oh okay, I hadn't seen West Adelaide before so I am not familar with their names.

I do have a question I was looking at a team sheet that they handed out and I saw a name "Ben Hollands" I was wondering that the same guy that played for Melbourne? Or is the S meant to be there and it's someone completely different?

Luke Jericho provided a laugh though he called for a report and then he was asked why and he goes "Umm..he hit him in the head?" I know, it seemed funnier at the game when he said it, he had this pause to think about why it should be and then answered.

Disappointing crowd though, they were charing $2 entry fee to the game, it was a horrible day, for the most part, towards the end of the game the actual rain that was forecasted finally arrived.

Overall the game was good, the curtain raiser was North Hobart(reserves) vs Tassie Mariners final score was North 172 def. Mariners 40

Some guy next to us was really giving them a lip full saying how the mariners were disappointing and in the 15 years they have been in existance they should be showing something (He said 15, they have not been around that long...)

Some decided that the Devils are going to win the flag, and one guy thought this was the first game of the season :D until we told him it was only a practice game.

Oh okay, I hadn't seen West Adelaide before so I am not familar with their names.

I do have a question I was looking at a team sheet that they handed out and I saw a name "Ben Hollands" I was wondering that the same guy that played for Melbourne? Or is the S meant to be there and it's someone completely different?

Luke Jericho provided a laugh though he called for a report and then he was asked why and he goes "Umm..he hit him in the head?" I know, it seemed funnier at the game when he said it, he had this pause to think about why it should be and then answered.

Disappointing crowd though, they were charing $2 entry fee to the game, it was a horrible day, for the most part, towards the end of the game the actual rain that was forecasted finally arrived.
only a practice game.
Thanks for that Ben Hollands ex power rookie and ex-richmond player

Thanks for that Ben Hollands ex power rookie and ex-richmond player
No worries, Dean Galea, Jackson Barling kicked a couple of goals, Barling played mostly on the taller Todd Goldstein, who was moved into the ruck and then back onto Barling.

Cameron Thurley, Nathan Street, and Brodie Moles were the standouts for the Devils, excluding a brainfade by Street when he handpassed it straight to Barling in the last drawing the game ever so closer.

Careless was quiet, though he still has a fine boot, Luke Jericho spent some of the time pushing and shoving.

I don't think Porplyzia played even though on the team sheet we got handed his name appeared.

Small mention to the songs I think Westies had a better one on the day, I don't know how someone managed to turn "We're from Tigerland" into "We're from Tasmania"

Tasmania should travel to Bloodtown for a remach. ;)

Good report, TM, but a couple of corrections, as you naturally didn't know the West players so well.

Jason Porplyzia not only played (No 17), but kicked 3 goals in the last quarter. Jackson Barling played Centre-Half-Back and didn't kick a goal. Dean Gales kicked 4.

Yeah I went by the numbers that were provided but I did know Dean Galea kicked goals, I probably had Barling and Porplzia mixed up, I checked the numbers and saw that I had 15 and 17 mixed up.

It was a good game though, the Bloods looked very good very early in the game they had 3 goals on the board befiore Tassie goaled. Tassies goal kicking before the game was shown throughout the game with their bad kicking for goal.

Any word on the Piasente report? (I am guessing it was him due to the numbers provided)

Only player I had noticed was Cupido as a forward he had at least one in the final, Dean Galea kicked his fourth through a handball from Nathan Street who was caught on the ground and gifted him a goal.

Brodie Moles kicked a nice snap goal in the third.

I had to admire the team work from the Bloods especially in the 2nd they got a free kick at CHF and went down the the forward line and scored a goal, without the Devils touching the ball.

I would really hope to see another SANFL team come down next year, it was good not having to rely on the TV to watch a team from the SANFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

2007 sanfl trial games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back