2008/2009 La Liga Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean like West Brom against Utd last night or Hull against Arsenal the other week? Of course Numancia aren't Liverpool or Chelsea (we'll obviously never put 4 past them) but they must've been doing something right as they went into HT with the score still being 0-0.

This season our strenght has been that the whole team never gives up and keeps working hard. That has resulted into late late wins (Shakhtar away, Real home, Osasuna away the other way...), which in its turn has resulted into lots of confidence leading into several matches that were over at HT.

This season we tend to break down teams with our possession - eventually they get tired and once they go behind they either start taking risks or just crack it, while last season we were boring the shit out of friends and enemies with our soulless passing around.

Relax mate, that's why I said this 'but really only teams with a good defence would be able to stop that. Just very good buildup play. ' Maybe I should have specified a VERY good defence.

I am relaxed, I was just asking you the question. Did you put something similar in the Man Utd thread after their game last night?

I just don't see the point of your remark. 75% of goals if not more are somehow preventable.

You mean like West Brom against Utd last night or Hull against Arsenal the other week? Of course Numancia aren't Liverpool or Chelsea (we'll obviously never put 4 past them) but they must've been doing something right as they went into HT with the score still being 0-0.
Barcelona was playing against a pretty strong breeze first half mate...however Numancia played well the first half..little unlucky to of not gone at half time leading 0 - 1

Barcelona was playing against a pretty strong breeze first half mate...
That's putting it mildly. Or was Barcelona not particularly affected by the storms on the weekend?

My brother-in-law lives in Coruña, his house got flooded and they were without electricity for two days. People died in his neighbourhood. It was pretty bad.

That's putting it mildly. Or was Barcelona not particularly affected by the storms on the weekend?

My brother-in-law lives in Coruña, his house got flooded and they were without electricity for two days. People died in his neighbourhood. It was pretty bad.

Yes that is true..tragic!

4 little kids died here in Barcelona like 10 mins from my house here...wind blew the hole building down..very tragic,has been very windy here

And yes Barça struggled against the win...Etoó kicked one over the goals by himself vs goalie.

The copa QF's have just finished.

Valencia went out after Sevilla beat them 2-1 with a last minute goal from Squillaci after Valencia had won the first match 3-2. Sevilla will play Athletic, who managed to get past Sporting.

Barcelona, after a 0-0 draw last week, beat Espanyol 3-2. They went up 3-0 but let Espanyol come back to 3-2 after a blunder from Pinto. Bojan got the first 2 and earned himself a standing ovation. Barcelona will play Mallorca, who knocked out Betis.

[youtube]HUq2o4zURZA[/youtube]

Bugger. I did think we were a chance for the cup... as one of the more daring sides in the league despite the obvious lack of quality, and as this cup is treated about as seriously by the big clubs as the Carling cup is by the English giants.

Fair play Athletic. I hope they win it now.

I am relaxed, I was just asking you the question. Did you put something similar in the Man Utd thread after their game last night?

I just don't see the point of your remark. 75% of goals if not more are somehow preventable.

Relax you big sook :D , I've been defending the comment that the goals were from rubbish defending all along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another day at the office for Lionel :thumbsu: Barcelona played pretty uninspired against Racing, went down 1-0 after 55', then brought on Messi after 60' and all of a sudden everyone starts playing better, resulting in 2 goals from the magic midget and another 3 points.

[youtube]aLbP6z2anzc[/youtube]

Real beat Numancia 0-2 and then of the next teams only Valencia won its match, 3-2 against Almeria thanks to dos goles from the returning David Villa. Atletico lost at home to Valladolid (1-2), Sporting beat Sevilla 1-0 and Villareal seems to have lost their form going down 3-0 at Deportivo, who are now above Atletico in 6th.

Sporting are 10 points above the relegation zone and 10 spots off a CL qualification spot... where to from here???

Big win for Sporting
HUGE win. I was watching it... down to ten men after only twenty minutes, the side with the worst defence in the league, it wasn't looking good, but they were magnificent. Defended like men and always looked dangerous on the counter. ¡No pasarán!

Pretty desperate for Sevilla though. Twice in a row they've lost to opposition you'd expect them to beat despite having a man advantage.

I know I keep saying it, but by Christ the atmosphere at El Molinón is something else.

Kompany asks where to? I still think it's a scrap to stay in the division. The defence is awful, there's no real quality in the side apart from Carmelo, but what Sporting do have is a great spirit and the cojones for a fight. So I reckon we'll be all right. Just.

Atlético has sacked Aguirre after not having won in 7 consecutive matches.

New coach is Resino, coming in from Castellón. He gets 6 months and will be offered a new contract if he can qualify for the CL. They're currently in 7th.

Atlético has sacked Aguirre after not having won in 7 consecutive matches.

New coach is Resino, coming in from Castellón. He gets 6 months and will be offered a new contract if he can qualify for the CL. They're currently in 7th.

Aguirre sacked from athletic de Madrid...damn!

Graham "Tabloid" Hunter on the Revista de la Liga suggested last night the only surprise was that it took so long.

Only 20,000 there the other night. Times are really tough in Spain, more than a million on the Andy Cole, but still, a club the size of Atléti only getting 20K is a pretty emphatic sign of discontent.

Resino was doing very well at Castellón, had them in the promotion places and their fans were looking forward to a return of derbis against their rich neighbours with no fans Villarreal, they'll be sorry to lose him.

Results Jornada 22.

Real Madrid 1 vs Santander 0
Sevilla 1 vs Real Betis 2
Mallorca 1 vs Dep. Coruña 1
Villarreal 2 vs Numancia 1
Getafe 1 vs Espanyol 1
Recreativo 0 vs Atl. Madrid 3
Valladolid 2 vs Athl. Bilbao 1
Málaga 3 vs Almeria 2
Barcelona 3 vs Sp. Gijón 1
Osasuna 1 vs Valencia 0

Remove this Banner Ad