tashawk

Debutant
Oct 14, 2007
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Jack The GUNston
Does anybody know if we are having a new jumper for the nab cup if so have u seen it??

13 sleeps to go :D

Re: New NAB cup jumper

clash180.jpg

Just been put up today......Looks very good.

Sorry but that looks awful.
A few of the designs put on this board a few months ago are streets ahead of that if it is real.
Personally I think we should keep using the Gold V with the hfc logo.

A few of the designs put on this board a few months ago are streets ahead of that if it is real.

For the first time on record, i disagree with you MB.

Think it is alot more up to speed with the modern designs of other clubs and does a good job of getting the new logo out there. Given it is only likely to be used through the NAB cup i dont have any issues with it heading in a direction other than traditional brown and gold. It is also likely to catch the eye of many young supporters that arent overly keen on the traditional brown and gold.

Also i can assure you this design is real, off the HFC online shop.

I like it as well.

It reminds me pretty closely of the mooted jumpers put together by the resident Bigfooty photoshop experts after the new Logo came out.

Just bought a new replica jumper on the weekend at Hawks nest at Waverley Park. Love the new neck on the jumpers, although i'm sure a few Hawks are going to get their collars torn to shreds on the field with the new design.

Hey mate, I kind of agree with you. From a design pov I think simple is best. This one seems a little busy with too many couloured pararrel lines, similiar to a paddle pop.. lol!

But in terms of illustrating the new logo to the public I agree with Charlie.

Either way, it's only for a few matches and it's something different and isn't a total wreck I don't think.

But I also agree about the golden V a couple of seasons ago.. that was awesome!

My only issue is the amount of White on the front.

White scares NO-ONE!

Excellent! It will sell like hot cakes in the Hawks Nest merchandise shop. Exactly why we have new designs for various events throughout a year.

Well done HFC marketing staff. You are just some of the personnel at our club rolling over innovative ideas bringing in lots of much needed dollars which all professional sporting organizations need to do to survive. Look it at that way guys and gals and go out and buy one :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the first time on record, i disagree with you MB.

Think it is alot more up to speed with the modern designs of other clubs and does a good job of getting the new logo out there. Given it is only likely to be used through the NAB cup i dont have any issues with it heading in a direction other than traditional brown and gold. It is also likely to catch the eye of many young supporters that arent overly keen on the traditional brown and gold.

Also i can assure you this design is real, off the HFC online shop.
Hey Charlie, for the first time in my crap memory I'm going to disagree back.;)
First of all, I think most of the modern designs are pretty average (eg Bris lions awful attempt, every power jumper, eagles fusion of colors with an eagle somewhere in there etc).
Yes get the logo out there, but it's ok to understate.
Re the traditional brown and gold, I think it's the adults (particularly opposition) who struggle with the brown and gold, kids dont seem to worry until they are old enough for someone to mention the dreaded sh-- and the pi55 to them.
The white looks shocking IMO and actually reminds me of the Lions one.
Someone on here (I could do a search) had one that was dark brown with shiny gold and the new logo part of it as well. It looked sensational.
There has been extensive research in the US in relation to marketing sport strips and they found that kids are particuularly attracted to shiny(or metallic) silver and gold.
Anyway, we'll never get 100% agreement on these matters. So long as they play well in it I'll be happy.

This is a top looking jumper!! I am going to buy one soon!! The guy who did that brown with shinny gold pre season jumper must be pretty proud with himself because it is nearly the same! Hawthorn have had alot of shockers (eg. Diamonds, all yellow with thin brown stripes, rugby jumper...) this one reminds of the best one being the brown and yellow hawk jumper we wore when we won the 1999 pre season cup!

clash180.jpg

Looks cool! way better some of our past efforts

Hey Charlie, for the first time in my crap memory I'm going to disagree back.;)
First of all, I think most of the modern designs are pretty average (eg Bris lions awful attempt, every power jumper, eagles fusion of colors with an eagle somewhere in there etc).
Yes get the logo out there, but it's ok to understate.
Re the traditional brown and gold, I think it's the adults (particularly opposition) who struggle with the brown and gold, kids dont seem to worry until they are old enough for someone to mention the dreaded sh-- and the pi55 to them.
The white looks shocking IMO and actually reminds me of the Lions one.
Someone on here (I could do a search) had one that was dark brown with shiny gold and the new logo part of it as well. It looked sensational.
There has been extensive research in the US in relation to marketing sport strips and they found that kids are particuularly attracted to shiny(or metallic) silver and gold.
Anyway, we'll never get 100% agreement on these matters. So long as they play well in it I'll be happy.

I recall the dark brown jumper with metallic gold on it that you are talking about MB. I agree that it was a nice looking jumped and probably would have attracted more kids than what the marketing department has ended up with. Personally i prefer what we have ended up with which is not dissimilar to the other popular design that was thrown around on here a few months back.

Also, i can understand why a number of people would prefer to stick with a traditional brown and gold design however we must remember that this jumper is not only being marketed as NAB cup jumper but also an alternate strip for the regular home and away season and this is the likely reason why the club opted for something with a fair amount of white in it.

Like you though mate, as long as they are winning im happy.

The Hawks Nest is advertising it as a "Clash jumper" instead of just the NAB jumper.. Which clubs are we seen to clash with, according to the AFL? west coast? richmond?

Not bad although this still remains the best. It just made the players look bigger and stronger. Designs like that above tend to make the players look more like basketballers.

2585c07.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 NAB Cup jumper ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back