2008 NAB Cup jumper ....

Remove this Banner Ad

How about this without the big hawk (why do all modern jumpers require big logos plastered on the front?). Add a brown stripe down the front and a gold stripe down the back and it could be a contemporary redesign of the home strip. I might attempt a photoshop on the weekend

The 'white' design is a bit like a training jumper. Just like all those other clubs who did white jumpers with a club logo at the front. Its been overdone.
The big Hawk logo is the best part imo, it makes it look really cool. I'd like it if we had a little Hawk head on the normal jumper.

I think the purpose for the clash jumper and the use in round 21 is simply a marketing initiative to entice followers to support and illustrate the direction we are taking off the field as well as on. We're just being productive with the expectation that we will gain further proceeds but more importantly a younger, diverse group of people to support the club!

Yep! We're the best! :)

we are wearing it rnd 1 NAB cup against the Swans & against West Coast in the H&A as a clash jumper and that is from captain Sam

qtown_clash430.jpg

clash_crawf430.jpg

burnie_clash430.jpg

ki_clash430.jpg

47693.jpg

Love the new jumper... in theory. It's a great design, and I'll probably buy one.

I pretty much don't mind what they wear in the NAB, given some of the styles worn by different teams in the past.

But I'm not sure about changing in a H&A match. I liked the fact that our colours are very unique, and I really don't believe that we 'clash' with anyone.

In fact, I would have thought that the swirls of colour and the addition of white would have created a greater clash with West Coast's jumper rather that reduce it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent! It will sell like hot cakes in the Hawks Nest merchandise shop. Exactly why we have new designs for various events throughout a year.

Well done HFC marketing staff. You are just some of the personnel at our club rolling over innovative ideas bringing in lots of much needed dollars which all professional sporting organizations need to do to survive. Look it at that way guys and gals and go out and buy one :thumbsu:

Your right garry its really profesional and I recon the boys are gunna look mean in them. I m gunna buy one for me and Im gunna get the boys to sing it for me to. I love the big hawk on it and tell s every one that were the Hawks. They would of done the big hawk on it for TV and show the world that were the hawks. I hope we wear this for our clash jumper.

Not bad although this still remains the best. It just made the players look bigger and stronger. Designs like that above tend to make the players look more like basketballers.

2585c07.gif

Agreed. Love this jumper.

The new one is pretty good but the one above is great.

Don't really know how I feel about the jumper. Good to have some white in there since it's going to be used for he Eagles game which does clash with us depending which jumper they were. A few seasons ago when we played them in WA, there was a clash as one half of the jumper was gold.

But seeing the photos of players wearing it, it looks like a singlet you were to the gym or marathon than a football jumper.

HawkPreSeasonJumpers.jpg

I think it stacks up well against these past jumpers!

HawkPre2008.jpg

I designed this jumper back in December. The new one is kinda similar. I think they did a good job!

Nope, the traditional brown and gold stripes forever. I don't mind the club playing around for merchandise sales, it makes a lot of money. But when it comes to home and away, the old stripes makes my blood tingle. So much tradition is attached to it.

I know where Eddie the blacksmith at Pieland is coming from on this issue.

I don't think that sentiment is at the heart of the issue though, Collingwood would make a lot of money from merchandise so they would be extremely hesitant changing their brand, Essendon's clash jumper looks pretty much the same as their normal jumper, and they make far more off merchandise than their membership revenue. I don't think Hawthorn's brand is that merchandisable, so unless we have a very long term plan to bring it there one day, I'd prefer to see a clash jumper, but this new NAB jumper doesn't quite cut it for H&A. It's too cute.

I like West Coasts 2 strips, one has their logo prominate on a design that now has a traditional look, the other is a graphic that has a modern edge to it. Ofcourse we could do far better than them.

This is a top looking jumper!! I am going to buy one soon!! The guy who did that brown with shinny gold pre season jumper must be pretty proud with himself because it is nearly the same!

:D
hawthorn-clashgold.gif

... No, No. edited today

This is the one that was actually submitted months ago.
h7f.jpg

Not Quite.
What I did get correct though was the change in collar design which I predicted would be changed to the PUMA t-shirt shape.
Anyway, I do hope that these colours are used one day, whatever the design, to get maximum benefit from our unique club colours. I reckon the current green with gold australian cricket one day uniform looks very neat and it seems to be selling well too.

HawkPreSeasonJumpers.jpg

I think it stacks up well against these past jumpers!

HawkPre2008.jpg

I designed this jumper back in December. The new one is kinda similar. I think they did a good job!

Yours is much better.

They could have asked the Penrith Panthers how much brown and white works together when it comes to selling merchandise.

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 NAB Cup jumper ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back