2009-2010 Off season player movement/recruiting

Remove this Banner Ad

He's about 192-193, watched him play most of last year, probably needs to add a little bit of muscle to his frame as he's around 80kg which is quite light for his lanky frame, not sure about 1's in Tas, He should but i'd say it will take a few games for him to adjust, But he really is your Riewoldt kind of player, great overhead mark, Big engine, Will lead up to the wing double back and go again and can do it all day, pretty accurate kick too.

Who did he play for?

As per the Hobart Tiger Talk mag I've got here (March '10 edition):

Recruits cleared to play with Hobart:
Todd Willing (Lindisfarne)
Brendon Johnson (Lindisfarne)
Sam Hall (New Norfolk)
Zeb Graham (New Norfolk)
Tom Friend (Hutchins OBFC)
Jeffrey Walter (St Virgil's OBFC - also HFC '99 Premiership player)
Will Coombe (Lauderdale)
Nathan Mills (University-Mowbray)
Jeremy Howe (Dodges Ferry)
Jayde Young (Dodges Ferry)
Josh Kemp (Kingborough)
Calen Jeffrey (Kingborough)
Jarrod Sharp (Kingborough)
Ryan Rinaldi (Kingborough)
Rohan Bones (Kingborough)

New recruits awaiting clearances:
Heath Neville (Clarence)
Josh Dykes (Glenorchy)
Damian Bagorski (Central Hawks)
Kurt Styles (New Norfolk)
Brenton Allie (Claremont Magpies)
Sam Godfrey (Claremont Magpies)
Jeric Socao (Triabunna)

Coach Staff 2010:
Graeme Fox (Senior Coach)
Graeme Bennetts (Under-18's Coach)
Daniel Willing
Chris Barry
Lance Spaulding
Trent Harvey
Damien Lawler (Fitness Coach)

HFC's losses from 2009's squad:
Patrick Bass (Queensland)
Jake Briggs (Queensland)
Jake Stride (on tour)
Michael Walden (Richmond Blues OSFA)
Chris Barwick (Lauderdale)
Nick Cleary (Hutchins OBFC)
Will Lewis (Old Melburnians)
Cameron Beck (Old Melburnians)

HFC's losses from 2009's squad:
Patrick Bass (Queensland)
Jake Briggs (Queensland)
Jake Stride (on tour)
Michael Walden (Richmond Blues OSFA)
Chris Barwick (Lauderdale)
Nick Cleary (Hutchins OBFC)
Will Lewis (Old Melburnians)
Cameron Beck (Old Melburnians)

Cleared to play for AFL Cairns side Cairns City Cobras.

Tom Reid and Tom Balcombe are both with Broadbeach in Queensland, from what I have read.

Can anyone explain why Clarence seem to reject all clearance requests? Is it because they have a certain amount of days to respond before the clearance goes through automatically and they are buying themselves time (or they hope the player changes their mind)?

Can anyone explain why Clarence seem to reject all clearance requests? Is it because they have a certain amount of days to respond before the clearance goes through automatically and they are buying themselves time (or they hope the player changes their mind)?

Most of them are because they have old footy jumpers they havent handed back in or are owing $$.

Having seen this first hand, they always say the player owes money even if they don't....it just buys them some time to assess the clearance fully.
I was talking to a player today seeking a clearance from Clarence to play in the OSFA he was told he owed money for bullion tickets, and football gear, and would not be cleared until he paid the money.I think he said $260.if they all owe similar amounts the total owing is about $4000.

I was talking to a player today seeking a clearance from Clarence to play in the OSFA he was told he owed money for bullion tickets, and football gear, and would not be cleared until he paid the money.I think he said $260.if they all owe similar amounts the total owing is about $4000.

Surely a club like Clarence would pay for socks and shorts for their players? I would even think they would would buy them jumpers. A few teams that i've played for did this and they weren't as financial as Clarence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says in todays mercury that Russell Robertson has not ruled out playing in the TSL at some point.

Yeah I read that and he's only 31 so he'd do well in this level of footy too - given the way Melbourne got crucified today he'd still slot easily into that side - mind you so would probably Robbie Flower, Ron Barassi, 'Bluey' Adams and Ivor Warne-Smith :p
But seriously he'd be a good drawcard, something which this competition seriously lacks - drawcard players - it will be hard to get an increase in crowds without them, always has been (see the attendances at TFL matches during the mid 70s and late 90's as proof).
Only part is, where we would he play? His old team Burnie are in a real pickle, wonder if he'd come over and take over the Dockers?
Imagine a Robertson-led Burnie Dockers, that'd get the town pumping again.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009-2010 Off season player movement/recruiting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back