Review 2009 Draft Revisted: Your Wish Lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Draft Picks 10, 24, 26 & 33

I said earlier I'm not too fussed. As long as we hit the mark with 3 out of 4 we'll be doing ok.

It's the recruiters job to pick the right person.. not mine. If they can't see that Palmer or Rioli is a better get than Myers then I'm in my right to have a go at them.

I dare say that we are yet to select a genuine mid in our first round for a long long time.
Fair enough. Let the records show you didn't go out on a limb saying we should've selected a particular player.

However I have to agree with both you and bombersno1 in that I really want us to select a genuine midfielder, as opposed to a player like Moore who, by all reports, is not that.

Having said that, our recruiters appear to have done well in recent years and they are far more informed than I am, obviously.

We might strike gold in the fact Moore may get taken by Port at 8 or 9. Thank goodness for that.
Just stop it. We know you only want Melksham or Lucas because they look good

I've only looked at highlights, but his kicking seems pretty poor. I assume he's being so highly rated for a reason though so I'd be fine with us taking him. Really, I wont mind who we take as I trust the judgement of our recruiters.

Although, if we get Butcher I'm not too sure where he'd fit in unless we really struggle with Neagle and Gumbleton.

Although, if we get Butcher I'm not too sure where he'd fit in unless we really struggle with Neagle and Gumbleton.

There's no disclaimer saying Neagle or Gumbleton have to be in the best 22, drafting Butcher gives us a better chance at ending up with hopefully two very good Key Forwards to go forward with, because lets face it, Gumby and Neagle are quite injury prone.

Can you imagine trying to match up on Gumby and Butcher if they happened to both turn out very good players.

P.S. FWIW I won't be dissapointed with whoever we get at pick 10 until they get a chance to show us what they got, I learnt my lesson last year.

There's no disclaimer saying Neagle or Gumbleton have to be in the best 22, drafting Butcher gives us a better chance at ending up with hopefully two very good Key Forwards to go forward with, because lets face it, Gumby and Neagle are quite injury prone.

Can you imagine trying to match up on Gumby and Butcher if they happened to both turn out very good players.

P.S. FWIW I won't be dissapointed with whoever we get at pick 10 until they get a chance to show us what they got, I learnt my lesson last year.

I know, but I have faith that we can have a good forward line out of Neagle/Gumbleton/Hurley/Still/Laycock/Daniher and I think our attention needs to be more focussed to the midfield or perhaps even the backline if we want Hurley to play forward. I don't know if Butcher really fits into our plans.

Looks like it won't matter anyway with Port saying they'll take him if he's not gone.

Lucas is so overrated on here, it's ridiculous.

He hits his target less often than Sheppard, Moore or Melksham.

Lucas is so overrated on here, it's ridiculous.

He hits his target less often than Sheppard, Moore or Melksham.

Totally agree. He's good but can't say he stand's out more than the other three.

I'd be happy with Sheppard, Moore, Melksham or Lucas at 10.

We have to have faith that the guys in charge (who should have the inside knowledge) will make the best decision (as they did last year with Hurley).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucas is so overrated on here..
Totally agree...

I disagree. I think if anything, he has been underrated around these parts.

He has been consistantly super for not just one year, but for a few years now. Many have played super footy for just a season, whereas this guy already has plenty of runs on the board. Carlton have picked up a gem, and they know it; were said to have their eye on a KP player. The only thing I can think of with us passing him, is that he comes from WA and is real close to his family (possibly being more of an outside player scared us off a bit also). That's it.

Anyway, lets hope he becomes a dud (eg. Trotter). Carlton deserve another dud. I have faith in Mel, no doubt about it. :thumbsu:

I just think it's awesome we again got three kids from the same team.
(Hurley, Zaharakis, Still last year? Melksham, Carlisle, Long this year?)
Surely it would help them adjust/settle.
I wonder if it comes into considerations when heads are put together.

(Hurley, Zaharakis, Still last year? Melksham, Carlisle, Long this year?)
Surely it would help them adjust/settle.
I wonder if it comes into considerations when heads are put together.
Long is from NT

(Hurley, Zaharakis, Still last year? Melksham, Carlisle, Long this year?
Am thoroughly amused by this. Almost gives the impression our recruiters just pick 1 TAC Cup team each year to follow. Perhaps Geelong Falcons in '10, they seem to produce a pretty tidy crop each year.

Am thoroughly amused by this. Almost gives the impression our recruiters just pick 1 TAC Cup team each year to follow. Perhaps Geelong Falcons in '10, they seem to produce a pretty tidy crop each year.

Amused or bemused?

Amused or bemused?
I would be bemused if the recruiters actually only followed 1 TAC Cup side per year. However as this is obviously not the case, I'm amused the last 2 drafts have panned out to appear that way.

Long played with Calder. He is a Melbourne based boy.
According to the AFL website he plays for St. Mary's in NT. I would trust that more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back