2009 Interleague Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

YVMDFL Interleague Squad Announced

Mark Sandilands (Interleague Coach) & Senior Selectors have invited the following senior YVMDFL players to attend training at Monbulk Football Ground on Wednesday April 29 at 6.30pm.

N Oakley
Alexandra

J Dalton
Mt Evelyn

A Oakley
Alexandra

C Buckland
Mt Evelyn

C Clarke
Gembrook Cockatoo

C Howarth
Mt Evelyn

A Shipp
Gembrook Cockatoo

S Tesoriero
Mt Evelyn

R Clarke
Gembrook Cockatoo

B Farrugia
Mt Evelyn

L Clarke
Gembrook Cockatoo

C Murphy
Mt Evelyn

A Walker
Gembrook Cockatoo

J Charge
Mt Evelyn

L Barclay
Healesville

K Elliott
Mt Evelyn

D Plozza
Healesville

N Broomhall
Olinda Ferny Creek

S Turner
Healesville

S Tregoning
Olinda Ferny Creek

J Dunnett
Healesville

D Noorda
Olinda Ferny Creek

M Gibb
Healesville

J Reid
Olinda Ferny Creek

C Adams
Healesville

D Troutman
Olinda Ferny Creek

P Monk
Healesville

M Bullen
Silvan

B Wilkinson
Healesville

B Haynes
Silvan

B Gallicho
Kinglake

G Moorcroft
Silvan

L Nott
Kinglake

D Norman
Silvan

A Gee
Monbulk

D Bissells
Silvan

V Dunstan
Monbulk

D Gillespie
Silvan

T Wragg
Monbulk

D Carswell
Silvan

B Hicken
Monbulk

O Weatherley
Silvan

D Cleven
Monbulk

R VanHoorn
Upwey Tecoma

L McCormack
Monbulk

T Hedge
Upwey Tecoma

S Koole
Monbulk

A McQualter
Upwey Tecoma

D Taylor
Monbulk

C Hayes
Upwey Tecoma

P Grayling
Wandin

S Dawson
Upwey Tecoma

A Bonsak
Wandin

D Sheers
Upwey Tecoma

D Ryan
Woori Yallock

W Porter
Upwey Tecoma

M Stolarczyk
Woori Yallock

J Kamoen
Upwey Tecoma

M Bonuda
Woori Yallock

S Brotja
Upwey Tecoma

T Williamson
Woori Yallock

C Hoare
Yarra Junction

D Hyndman
Woori Yallock

R Allen
Woori Yallock

M Riseley
Woori Yallock

The YVMDFL play Bellarine on Saturday May 23 at home.

Attendance at training is compulsory.

The squad can be amended at any time. Players can be added to the squad. Players that have been nominated but cannot play on May 23 must attend training in person & advise accordingly.

For more information, please call Stephen Walter on 59615611.

Last Modified on 21/04/2009 16:00 AFL LATEST Photo Gallery Advertisement
YVMDFL SPONSORS

Selectors must have been busy Saturday to get to all games to pick this squad:rolleyes::rolleyes: How can you pick a squad after one game? What happened to the coach of Powelltown? Good enough to make the Northern Football leagues team of the year last year but cant crack a traing run in the Yv squad:eek: Find it hard to beleive Warburton cant get one player in the squad, with some of the names in that lot.

Great choice of training venues last year Silvan now Monbulk nice and central to all teams.

Great choice of training venues last year Silvan now Monbulk nice and central to all teams.

I agree not at Monbulk. Not so much of central location as I have already said on this forum how much traffic are we wanting this ground to cop? Of course it needs another 40 blokes training on a venue each week that is already overloaded with 5 double headers!

Nobody gives a shit about division two in our league, even though a number of the best players are involved with division two clubs.

PS; Troutman is an U/18 so being selected for the SENIOR Interleague team is insane. Has this ever happened before?

Super thinking guys. Perhaps they should wait until the week before the game to name the squad? Maybe a quick ring around on the morning of the game? What's wrong with naming an early squad and making ammendements as blokes perform in the next couple of weeks. At least that way you get some of the guys getting to know each other well before the game.

As always though, some suspicious names pop up and a couple are not there. With a list that long there are always going to be plenty just making up the numbers. The same old arguements about 1st and 2nd division will pop up again, but the fact remains that the majority of the best players in the league play first division football. Given the difference in standard as shown by the relegation/promotion results from the last few years it is hardly a shock that senior interleague teams are comprised mostly of top divy players. Truth be told, if you could get them to all be available, you could put together a team worthy of representing the league from Silvan, Upwey, Monbulk and Healsville alone. Sure some good players would miss out, but the side would be better than the last few teams the league fronted.

And J6shSC, as for Troutman, if he is good enough to play interleague, he should be good enough for eastern so I wouldn't count on him getting a guernsey.

And J6shSC, as for Troutman, if he is good enough to play interleague, he should be good enough for eastern so I wouldn't count on him getting a guernsey.
Hahahaha, fake post? Everybody knows Eastern has been a joke for years. They go for height and height alone, not football talent. Long story short, they are probably the worst recruiting club in the TAC competition, so don't read into who is and isn't in Eastern because more often than not it means jack shit.

Troutman is a gun, wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he makes the interleague team this year.

Selectors must have been busy Saturday to get to all games to pick this squad:rolleyes::rolleyes: How can you pick a squad after one game? What happened to the coach of Powelltown? Good enough to make the Northern Football leagues team of the year last year but cant crack a traing run in the Yv squad:eek: Find it hard to beleive Warburton cant get one player in the squad, with some of the names in that lot.

Agree, watched Barry in the opening game of the year at powelly and is a class above and should be in the squad. What about Rusty winning league B & F and not getting a look in at all!! Warby a 1st division club with no one invited surely is a miss print?? iacano, walkers????

Troutman is every chance of being picked.
Just because he isn't at Eastern Ranges, how is that relevant ?
Plenty of people are good enough but choose not to go onto higher honours.
I very clearly remember in our 2001 side, Pat Sharp from Woori Yallock being selected as a 17yo.
It was a terrific move, he was more than capable and played well.
I'm sure there's other precedents as well !

yeah i suppose the squad has to be picked early but in saying that league votes must come into it. 2 years in a row Senior from Seville runner up in the league and once again doesnt get a mention. doesnt make sense

Shane has been a standout player at Seville for a long period now.
Coming League RU B&F in 2nd division doesn't guarantee anything.
There are more than enough players of Shane's build in 1st Division who go a fair bit better than he does.
Shane is a mate of mine going back nearly 14 years, I know how he plays so I feel that that's a pretty informed comment.
I also don't think he would disagree with any of that !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All nominated Senior players have been advised by the league and the clubs, that if they don't want to or cannot play, they see Sandy or S-Walt personally.
Those clubs whose players haven't made contact in person after the 1st session last Wednesday, will all be issued with $100 fines per player.

Had a look at the side picked on the YV webb site, looks a good side not sure they have missed any, pretty sure the had asked various noteable players missing but they couldnt make the commitment. It should be a great day at the Woori ground tomorrow, does anyone know any of the Balerine FL players and how good are they

I will have a go

Backs D.Hyndman L.Barclay S.Brotja

H/B D.Ryan C.Buckland R.Allen

C M.Riseley B.Farrugia S.Tregoning

H/F J.Kamoen P.Grayling S.Haworth

Fwd C.Hayes C.Murphy C.Clarke

Rucks D.Cleven D.Taylor M.Stolarczyk

Int S.Dawson M.Bonuda J.Dunnett A.Walker D.Noorda N.Broomhall

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Interleague Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back