NFL 2009 NFL - Week 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats what pisses me off about the NFL. That is a 50 yard penaltry ffs... a gift 7 points.

They are the sort of things that should make no NFL fan on here able to complain about the moving away from the AFL because "it's getting soft", because the NFL is no better. Its a disgrace.

Dont forget the penalty that got the Jets out of their own goaline earlier..

Yet the Jets-Edwards fan boys commentating hardly mention it, instead just going on about about the brilliance of Edwards causing the PI.. thats total nonsense.

Thats what pisses me off about the NFL. That is a 50 yard penaltry ffs... a gift 7 points.

They are the sort of things that should make no NFL fan on here able to complain about the moving away from the AFL because "it's getting soft", because the NFL is no better. Its a disgrace.

Yeah, it was a BIG call given the size of the play and the tiny amount of contact.

Dont forget the penalty that got the Jets out of their own goaline earlier..

Yet the Jets-Edwards fan boys commentating hardly mention it, instead just going on about about the brilliance of Edwards causing the PI.. thats total nonsense.

Too right, the commentators really sound like they would like to perform fellatio on Sanchez and Edwards.

Way to go Miami. TD with 6 secs left.

Cover the kick off IT IS NOT OVER YET. squib kick and get down and watch the tricky play on return. Come on Miami!

1 play left.... hail mary coming up.

NO GOOD! Well done Miami... clearly the better side today..

Yeah, it was a BIG call given the size of the play and the tiny amount of contact.

Yeah, since its such a huge penalty they have to be sure that the penalty is there... too often it seems they lean to it being PI. Should be benefit of the doubt against the biggest play.. which is a penalty.

Guess im old school, I like a good contest between the CB and WR.

Too right, the commentators really sound like they would like to perform fellatio on Sanchez and Edwards.

Yeah, was really starting to get on my nerves.

Even their lack of excitement after the Miami TD..

Edwards is possibly the definition of 'big stage performer', comparing normal performances to the big games.

2008:

Giants-Browns, MNF, 154 yards from 5 receptions and a TD
Bills-Browns, MNF, 104 yards from 8 receptions
Philly-Browns, MNF, 102 yards from 5 receptions

For anyone playing along, last year he had 873 yards for the year...

2009:

Miami-Jets, MNF, 64 yards from 5 receptions and a TD, not to mention being down at the 1 yard line (I thought it was a TD)

Lucky he plays for the Jets now :p

Good win to Miami.

Jets must be somewhat concerned about their lack of D recently.

Lack of D recently? I'm sorry I didn't realise our D played so poorly against the Saints?

Today was horrible football from the Jets. Didn't deserve to be in that game the way the wildcat was gashing our D. Shocking call on the Edwards PI too.

Happy with the way Edwards performed but it seems like we finally start beating the Pats and the Fish finally start beating us. Frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also; Henne and Johnson look like they can become legit NFL starters. Henne was given a shiteload of protection but added a level of dynamic play that Pennington doesn't really offer, and JJ is quick and precise when given half decent help, and was making some good reads vs the PHILLY blitz yesterday. Too bad only Winslow showed up apart from him...

Both to be good NFL starters by my reckoning.

Lack of D recently? I'm sorry I didn't realise our D played so poorly against the Saints?
Funny I thought the same. ;)

The Jets O was reposinsible for more of our score than OUR O!!

The reason I tipped Miami today was simple. Back-to-back road games after a fairly hard-hitting accounter last week were always going to wear you down this week. Playing D against Miami's O would be brutal. Two RBs that hit hard, plenty of speed and all the switching up the wildcat creates.

Jets are a good team. I wouldn't put too much stock into today.

Great win Dolphins! Despite refs BS calls Henne and Ronnie took us down for the win. This now puts Henne on the map as a franchise QB.

Great win Dolphins! Despite refs BS calls Henne and Ronnie took us down for the win. This now puts Henne on the map as a franchise QB.

Yep, map of the Caribbean. That's what you'll leave on the sheets if you keep talking like that...

Just finished watching the cowboys game in full, we sure do love our ****ing penalties.

For all the penalties, turnovers, poor pass rush, and bad safety play we've had this year we've been in a position to win every game. Which actually makes it all the more ****ing frustrating. Roy Williams and felix Jones back after the bye and hopefully a little more discipline.

And one more thing, i ****ing love Jay Ratliff. One of very few cowboys with some heart. He is seriously undersized playing the Nose in the 3-4 but he not only holds the line but spends most of his time in the opposing back field chasing down the QB and running back.. Not to mention blocking field goals(that was insane).
We are also one of the top offenses this year, while Romo has been crap. It's a frustrating year to be a cowboys fan. Gotta add Brooking to the love fest. He's been a great pick up and playing with a huge amount of heart as well. They have to be our best two defensive players this year without doubt.

We are also one of the top offenses this year, while Romo has been crap. It's a frustrating year to be a cowboys fan. Gotta add Brooking to the love fest. He's been a great pick up and playing with a huge amount of heart as well. They have to be our best two defensive players this year without doubt.

Oh Mr I had a win, how frustrating must it be to have a win. How about you support a side that can't win a game :p.

Oh Mr I had a win, how frustrating must it be to have a win. How about you support a side that can't win a game.

What do you think your chances against my Jags this week? I think we will be more like the previous 2 weeks that Sundays shit fest. Hopefully Mike Sims-Walker remembers what he is supposed to be doing.

Oh Mr I had a win, how frustrating must it be to have a win. How about you support a side that can't win a game :p.
There is frustrating and then there is hopeless. I'm not going there :p

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2009 NFL - Week 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back