2009 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Any word on if jamie whithead from the power is playin again? noticed he was not in their team for tomora and he missed the grand final last year which was a huge loss for the power??

Who is blair robertson? i wouldn have thought he be as good as bang bang beinke/

No where near Bienke. But handy.
If it's the BR I am thinking of, he is a Port Fairy lad. His old man owns a Real Estate agency over there. Late 20s, maybe even 30yo.

Who is blair robertson? i wouldn have thought he be as good as bang bang beinke/
Mate Blair Robertson is a quality midfielder, played Hampden interleague and played at Bell park in GFL. Is he injured though? Article in Geelong Paper said he had a long term injury, a Fit Blair Robertson will run rings around any WDFNL player and he will be better than Beinke cos he wont

Yeh Robertson a gun, if he fit. That the big question. Captained hfnl inter league team. Cant compare beinke and him. Not the same type player. Both awesome in their own way. Prob take beinke - just. Demons mite need him forward but not too many problems. Their score against Dennington wouldve won any other game on weekend. Dogs up and going and the demons under done. Boots Keilor the difference. Mite be different story need time around. Good round of matches. Collegians just over East. Maybe the warriers further off than they think!!!!
Any other goss from weekend matches???

fair to say all results went the way they were expected to. Saw the drawn game and as the saying goes could have gone either way. The ball was actually coming down from a ball-up in rovers attacking goal square when the siren went!! Rounds 6 or 7 will give us an idea of how teams are travelling..

Kolora, dennington and timboon are a mile ahead of the rest then panmure and it will be either creek cats or rovers for fifth spot.....no need to wait till round 6 or 7 because the grand final will be played out of kolora dennington and timboon...wouldn't mind seeing the power get up and win the flag this year. but i think deninngton are favourites after their win on saturday...can any1 stop that forward line???

Kolora, dennington and timboon are a mile ahead of the rest then panmure and it will be either creek cats or rovers for fifth spot.....no need to wait till round 6 or 7 because the grand final will be played out of kolora dennington and timboon...wouldn't mind seeing the power get up and win the flag this year. but i think deninngton are favourites after their win on saturday...can any1 stop that forward line???

If thats the case, then this Saturday's game at Noorat should be an absolute cracker as the Power host the Dennington dogs.

With no Hampden games and the outlook for a fine day weather wise I get the feeling this could draw a blockbuster crowd.

For those people that keep saying.."Its only district league".. perhaps get along and you will see that there are some pretty darn good players getting around at the moment.. Bourke, Madden, Fraser, Johnson, Hicks and co at the Power - Nowell, Jenkins, Lewis, Hall, Keilor, Parkinson and co at the Dogs....

Who is everyone tipping and why?

Allansford v Nirranda: Allansford by 18 points. Will be a good game, will go cats but for no particular reason. both coming of a loss, both with a point to prove but i think the midfeilds will line up fairly even and stenhouse will be hard to contain.

Merrivale v Panmure: Panmure by 30 points. Good win last week for the dogs. Merrivale really only struggled in their win. i just dont know where the tigers will score goals from against a good dogs backline

South Rovers v Deakin Uni: South Rovers by 40 points. Cant see anyone from deakin stopping Matthews slotting a few. Only solution i can see is dane newman going back but then would only leave chaplin burch in forward line. Rovers to strong forward and in midfeild

East Warrnambool v Russells Creek: Russells Creek by 40 points. Will be too quick for east. although east obviously showed signs of improvement against collegians i think they will find it hard to contain creeks forward recruits

Timboon Demons v Old Collegians: Timboon by 90 points. Last years premiers versus a team who have lost a lot, dont have much goal kicking power at all. Timboon too strong all over the park

Kolora Noorat v Dennington: Draw? lol nah easily match of the round. ill take the dogs by i straight kick. only for the reason they are up and about whilst power taking a bit to get going. Dogs will also have too much tall timber i think

no arguements from me about those tips. Im impressed that youve taken so much thought into this weeks games.....all roads lead to Noorat i would assume. Rhodes wont play this week...20 stitches to his face from "friendly fire"

I know one side that can beat the dogs, and that is themselves. Nowell sent off again!!!! Discipline could hurt them at the wrong times.
Ill go power over dogs, if fraser plays. Could easily get that wrong. Power sluggish last week but they will be up for this one.
Go blues over cats. Better midfield players and chambers can go to stenhouse if need be. Close again. Blues by 4 points.
Upset - deakin over rovers, although evans mayb back for rovers. Deakin were confident last week and nearly beat tigers. Ill take the long odds for the first major upset.
Demons will beat collegians, but big news. Nash boys from heywood heading warriors way. Can play the game and will give them major boost. Demons for me by 8 goals but just imagine if they didnt win - they got power next week!!!
Panmure will account for tigers. I see niko back to warr. Tigers just wont kick enough goals this year. Schrama X 2 will dominate.
Creek will easily win over east. Creek will get better every game and jono nevill is back. Great player in district league.

Could easily get one winner but see how we go.
More clearances to come if rumors are right!! Keep your ear out. Couple of major signings still under wraps....

everybody seemed to start a little slowly but cant expect anymore for round 1, very impressed with deakin last week they will beat more sides than people think wouldnt be suprised slightest if they beat rovers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some good close games and i picked some wrong teams. Deakins effort good. They stopped matthews but not hood. Two stand performances and not surprising they cme from the two premiership favs. Power showed the dogs, although improving, have an old list that will be exposed on large grounds against young sides. Tall timber isnt always the answer. Fraser unstoppable. Demons win against warriors was amazing considering they had at least 8 stand up starters missing from thier side (including sholl, hannagraf and tatton). Hope they all back next week for the game against power. Match up for fraser?????????? Wiggins already in fine form and the hickey trio working well. Just missed on the blues. Stenhouse the watch winner. Panmure stake a claim for top three, probably 4th but will be interested to see how they shape up against dennington. Creek easy. Long year for east boys but they will not stop trying.

Fair to say the rebels and falcons dont get it right all the time but this sam cowling has obviously shown enough in prac matches to warrant his spot. Big effort from families to play at this level, and would be a buzz for him to make the squad. Wish him well, even if you dont agree!!

Newmans comments about Cowling is probably what i was trying to say and he summed up the round of district league very well. Saw the vale and panmure and not quite convinced about either team. I think timboon dennington and the power will be the top 3 but who knows which order. Even 4th and 5th spots come finals time maybe just making up the numbers but we have a LONG way to go yet...

Went to the Timboon game. Was pretty awesome display. The 123 point margin was actually flattering to Old Collegians. Timboon really struggled to convert at the town end goals. At one stage in the 2nd quarter I think they added 6-7 straight behinds, before grabbing a couple more. Fair to say the majority of their goals came at the Golf course end. The margin should have been beyond 150.

i saw merrivale and panmure and wasnt the greatest game round but panmure should be very happy with the recruits of cody davis and they boy gavin they both show a fair bit.
see the power had a comfortable win but they wouldnt be disappointed its round 2.. cant wait to see a game of the power though reading the team they got good bigs and pretty handy quicks gunna be tough to beat but wont be surprised if timboon knock them off this week.
Easy win for timboon but they were always goin to be tough to play after a loss.
did any1 see the power dogs game? who was good?

More news. Nash boys (warriors) back to Heywood, no surprise after result V demons. Watched bit of timboon game. Wagstaff injured???? or rested for this week. Young hickey good in ruck. Also little whisper that new recruit may not play??? Panmure without S Schrama last week. He worth goals for team - either kicking them or stopping them. Dont write panmure off. Hard to beat them at home ground. They may still be down on leg speed on big oval, but they will upset a couple of top contenders.
Can't see demons beating power. They have injury concerns and wont hit top form until second half of season - bad news for warriors who play them again!!!!!! Outside chance of upsetting power but solid bet for the home team. Bourke could win league B&F.
Dennington - just one of those days apparently. Power played out of their skin, but I watched two q agianst port fairy in prac match and they played the same way. They may have the capacity to play like that all year. Dogs just cant rely on kick bombs in forward and expecting talls to mark. Jenkins at full forward!!! No match up in league for him.

i happened to see a few games of the power last year and seen them play against dennington and they looked a mile ahead of them..last year i rekon the powers skills let them down a bit out of defence but this year with their coach and that blackberry and attril they seem to hit alot more targets and with that big bloke comin in at centre half forward hard to stop...another suprise was that nick kenna from terang i think he will be vital cause he did not miss a target so if he gets 10 kicks within 60m of goal i would imagine it would result in a fair few goals.... but on dennington they won every tap but not many clearances and matty monk ran round gettin all these cheap kicks but kicked it to absolutely no one if he to have an impact he needs to get back and help out the defenders... and jenkins is a freak easliy one of the best in the comp but he is a freak midfielder not a freak full forward!

Yeh u rite. Doesnt matter what level of footy, if you can hit targets coming off half back then your forwards will get good delivery and kick goals. Coach - Kenna is a quiet achiever who doesnt waste disposal. He will demand this of his team. Not a bad target at CHF for them to kick to!!!!!!! Jenkins predominately a midfielder but a quick smaller target forward may give the dogs the change up they need from their usual talls down forward. Only suggesting a rest up there!
Good round of games this week. Should be some close results. Wait for teams to make my picks.

Time to have another crack at winners. Another tough round. Some easy, some will be guessing this early in year. Start with the big game.
Power V Demons - cracker. Wagstaff will dominate hitouts (if not injured) but still a few injury concerns and cant afford players not 100% so the Power for me by 4 goals. More speed in midfield at moment and Demons lack a spread of goal kickers. Hickey rylance the keys, mayb rosolin?? What is the go with whitehead and tolland?? are they playing this year?
Creek V Tigers - be close early. Depends how creek handle physical stuff early but Creek for me. Tigers forward line small and not noted goal kickers. Makarona needs to get a kick after stupid comments in paper last week. Hampden major step up but come on!!! Creek by 31 points. Could easily get this one wrong.
Rovers V Warriors - Rovers easily. Warriors in a world of hurt. Nash boys gone, Hewson not playing, Conn injured and the coach frustrated by injuries. Rovers a smoky for 5th if onballers can remain fresh. Wilson in ruck when heat is on. No real back up for him tho.
Dogs V East - tough day at office for joey and the boys. East just simply cant handle the power forwards. This could be a massive % booster for the Dogs. They kicked huge scores against them last year, and they better this year. Couple of good players down but the Dogs for me.
Cats V Deakin - they will upset soon but mayb not tomoz. Close but no cigar for third time this year. Cats another team pushing for 5th. Stenhouse the key again. Could be worrying if he doesnt kick goals. Good sides will shut him down. Cats by 29.
Panmure V Blues - another chance for blues to prove they in the running but may just fall short again. Panmure for me and i think far too many writing them off at this early stage. I see Condon not playing tomoz??
Anyone else willing to have a crack??????????????????????

power to beat demons comfortably
dogs to beat east by round 300
cats to strong for deakin
panmure to win by a few goals
rovers to pump collegians, matthews to kick a bag
creek..still dont rate creek all that high tho

There will be less than a goal betwen the Power and Timboon. I would even think Timboon might pull a mini upset in this one. Make no mistakes, this is a grudge matc ala Carlton v Essendon. Does not matter whichside is looking better, it will be close. Timboon are better than they showed against Dennington Rd 1.

Have no Idea about the rest as I have not and most likely will see very little of them this season.

There will be less than a goal betwen the Power and Timboon. I would even think Timboon might pull a mini upset in this one. Make no mistakes, this is a grudge matc ala Carlton v Essendon. Does not matter whichside is looking better, it will be close. Timboon are better than they showed against Dennington Rd 1.

Have no Idea about the rest as I have not and most likely will see very little of them this season.

obviously a timboon follower so i guess we will see whether u tip with ya heart or ya brain...i definatley think its ya heart not ya brain...only cause kolora beat dennington by 10 goals and dennington beat use by 6 goals...cause your a demon follower where is this blair robertson character!? i will have to take a weekend to go watch this fella if he gunna be better than beinke!

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back