2011 Cricket World Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

To keep us somewhat entertained until the real footy starts, we have the Cricket World Cup, which has kicked off in spectacular fashion, with 3 thumpings of minnows by 3 of the better teams.

But tonight, the Poms give us more entertainment in 2 overs (the last 2 will do) then the whole tournament so far.

Not only did Broad get a wicket, only for it to be given not out because England only had 3 men inside the circle, but then several balls later, Greame "Sprinkler" Swann drops a sitter, and the whole world laughs.

England chasing 293, the real World Cup starts here.:):thumbsu:

Australia play New Zealand by the way in their first serious match later this week.;)

FOX Sports is the best, chuck out the rest! :thumbsu:

I watched a bit of that England-Netherlands contest. It's fair to say India won't be quaking in their boots at playing England.

Channel 9 have just announced that they will be showing the game tomorrow live from 3pm.
No doubt after so much abuse through their phone lines that they had no other choice.

Doesn't worry me anyway, I'll be at the footy tomorrow night, and the game will be over before I get home anyway.

For the record, I reckon NZ will ride the wave of emotion to a famous win, as there isn't much between the 2 sides talent wise.

It was always going to go one of two ways for the Kiwis, they were either going to use the Christchurch disaster as a booster, or it was going to be too much for them and they were going to implode.

Losing Oram before the match, then Styris while batting ruled out any chance they had, they are better then that, and hopefully they can lift and come back better in the next game.

As for the Aussies, jump aboard the Mitch and Watto show, they will take us far in the tournament.:thumbsu:

Pricey's boys win a thriller, wow, how the **** did they win that, South Africa cruising, then they just choked, there's no other word for it.

Great result for Australia, South Africa are gone, they won't get past the quarters, they are mentally screwed, and Australia know they can beat the Poms.

3 contenders left for the crown, Australia, Sri Lanka and India.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

India are clearly favourites but then anyone can still win on their day.

Either South Africa, Sri Lanka, Australia and England could take it out. I have a feeling Pakistan are the darkhorse but I don't know how they will go in the knockout stage.

Ross Taylor's innings for the Kiwis against the Pakis was something to behold.

131 off 124, and he helped the Kiwis hit 100 off the last 5 overs, stunning stuff.

The chase should be interesting to watch too.:)

I thought India were going to score close to 400 against South Africa but then they lost 9 wickets for 19 runs in under 10 overs! Talk about a collapse!

Not sure what's going on with England either. They lose to Ireland, beat South Africa and then lose to Bangladesh. If the Windies beat them they'll fail to make the next round!

I don't have foxtel so I haven't been watching but it seems that this world cup is a hell of a lot more exciting than the last one.

We are a real show to win this, South Africa and India are the main competition but England have shown they have weaknesses.

Is the game on channel 9 today?
Nah, seems it's only on Nine from 11.30pm, so the second innings only.:thumbsdown:

Might be over by then, Kenya are pretty bad, would serve 9 right if Kenya bat 1st, get bowled out for 120 and Australia chase the runs down before Nine's coverage even starts.;)

Nah, seems it's only on Nine from 11.30pm, so the second innings only.:thumbsdown:

Might be over by then, Kenya are pretty bad, would serve 9 right if Kenya bat 1st, get bowled out for 120 and Australia chase the runs down before Nine's coverage even starts.;)

I'll just have to stream it.

If anyone wants the site where I stream from PM me.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Cricket World Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back