Rumour 2011 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Round 1 2011- vs Crows at AAMI

Certainly gives us an early chance to atone for our poor interstate record this year. Also hope that Schoey plays and begins to cement his place at CHB. Don't recall Buddy ever having a day out at AAMI so hopefully he can this time.

There was one game (2008) where Bock seemed to be on top of Buddy, who was taking shots from everywhere and only managed 1.5 or 1.6, then Buddy was moved to the midfield where he just ripped the game apart and, with the help of Hodgey got us over the line.

I'm sure someone here will post footage of the Hodgey goal, just for old times sake

I see where the scum have asked for a home game first up, the reason?? Well, of course the prince of spin is having his first game as a coach..what a RIDICULOUS excuse to get a first game at home..No doubt they will get it, don't they always?? What's the bet we get another 6 or 7 games away again..If I remember correctly, didn't we play the first 5 out of 6 games away this year?? (meaning they were not OUR home game)I guarantee our draw will be crap again, as it is most years..Last year was a doozie...No doubt this one will be just as controversial..

Where is their home ground again?

I know it's not Windy Hill - that's quite rightfully a bowls club.

I know it's not the MCG.

Surely a 'Big Four' club would have to play out of somewhere much bigger and better than a boutique stadia that only holds 50,000.......

Interesting. Some easy wins down in Tassie. Too bad we have to play our last game before finals interstate. Be good for the fans up there though.

Where is their home ground again?

I know it's not Windy Hill - that's quite rightfully a bowls club.

I know it's not the MCG.

Surely a 'Big Four' club would have to play out of somewhere much bigger and better than a boutique stadia that only holds 50,000.......

Great stuff TAITA:thumbsu:

Bit of info dribbling through.

NAB Cup R1 on Sunday 13th of February in Perth against the two WA teams.

We will have 7 home games and 4 away games at the MCG.
Interesting game fixtured against Geelong on the Tuesday following ANZAC Day at the MCG then a bye.

Aurora games versus West Coast, Suns, Brisbane and North.

Interstate versus Adelaide R1, Port Adelaide, Fremantle, Sydney and play the Suns on the Gold Coast in the last round.
Cheers, Slumhawk.

It confirms a few things.

Interesting game fixtured against Geelong on the Tuesday following ANZAC Day at the MCG then a bye.

Interstate versus Adelaide R1, Port Adelaide, Fremantle, Sydney and play the Suns on the Gold Coast in the last round.

Good stuff SH.

The NAB Cup fixture is up on the AFL website. We play West Coast first up, followed by Fremantle, then the two WA teams face off in the third game.

Don't know if it's an advantage or disadvantage playing back to back games.

It's annoying that we have to travel so far for this, but it's understandable that both WCE and Freo didn't want to go to Tassie.

Hawthorn and Melbourne are the only Victorian clubs that have to travel.

Anzac day falls on easter weekend in 2011

Lets hope the last game is a dead rubber at the GC and send box hill to play the SUNS in r22 - apparently its OK to do that now ?

Might even win it !

Interesting. Some easy wins down in Tassie. Too bad we have to play our last game before finals interstate. Be good for the fans up there though.

Looks like a win to the Suns by about 10+ points when we rest our side for the finals then. :)

I see where the scum have asked for a home game first up, the reason?? Well, of course the prince of spin is having his first game as a coach..what a RIDICULOUS excuse to get a first game at home..No doubt they will get it, don't they always?? What's the bet we get another 6 or 7 games away again..If I remember correctly, didn't we play the first 5 out of 6 games away this year?? (meaning they were not OUR home game)I guarantee our draw will be crap again, as it is most years..Last year was a doozie...No doubt this one will be just as controversial..

Essendon's Round 1 Fixtures since 2000

2000 HOME Vs Port Adelaide (opening of Colonial Stadium)
2001 AWAY Vs Kangaroos
2002 AWAY Vs Geelong
2003 AWAY Vs Brisbane at the GABBA
2004 AWAY Vs Port Adelaide at AAMI
2005 AWAY Vs Melbourne
2006 HOME Vs Sydney
2007 AWAY Vs Adelaide at AAMI
2008 AWAY Vs Kangaroos
2009 AWAY Vs Port Adelaide at AAMI
2010 AWAY Vs Geelong

Yes HOW DARE we request a home game! :rolleyes:

Hawthorn's Round 1 Fixtures since 2000

2000 HOME Vs Collingwood
2001 HOME Vs Collingwood
2002 HOME Vs Melbourne
2003 AWAY Vs Melbourne
2004 HOME Vs Melbourne
2005 AWAY Vs Sydney
2006 HOME Vs Fremantle (in Tassie. Still the home game of your choice)
2007 AWAY Vs Brisbane
2008 HOME Vs Melbourne
2009 HOME Vs Geelong (Grand Final rematch - unfurling of your flag)
2010 AWAY Vs Melbourne

Don't think you've been that hard done by over the years with Round 1 fixturing considering how woeful Melbourne have been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've got a pretty tough fixture by the looks of things. Plenty of traveling involved.

I would've thought that because we're promoting the game in Tasmania, the AFL would treat us better.

I don't understand it. We'll end up facing all of the top 4 sides after interstate trips. Bookmark it.

Whilst I do not in anyway support the club opportunistically prostituting itself out to Tasmania, one has to question the value of this deal from the Tasmanian Government's perspective.

1. These games will not attract any free to air coverage or perhaps one token game like the North game last year which seems to be the usual coverage.

2. Only one of these clubs is Melbourne based and with its miniscule memebership and the fact they play down in Tassie regularly (06, 07, 09 & 10) their pitfully few members would be less likely to front up for the novelty value hence some post game tourism.

3. Of the interstate sides they could not come form further away and hence less likely to attract supporters and two of them WCE and the Brisvegans are regulars as well.

4. For local tassie supporters that is a crap menu bottom of the table WCE and Lions and the who cares suns, as well as the almost a fixture North. Well at least North has some strong local Tasie Support but the rest really!

The Tassie Government is getting very little value for its money.

If they got two real Melbourne sides with a regular rotation through those sides say Melbourne (who never goes down there), Richmond, Dogs & North with one blockbuster game per season against Cats, Carlton (we never get tem at the MCG away so York park is as good as the Docklands) or Saints depending on anticipated ladder position, then the Tasmanians would get a far better flow of Tourists form such a rotation. A trip to Tassie with a few extra days of golf, fishing or sightseeing is far more attractive once ever three or four years than being an annual event.

And by the way why is that we don't get many homes games against Carlton (06 and 09 over the last five years) and our regular fixture is an away game at the Docklands? When we play at Docklands is is usually a sell out and one can't get decent tickets.

Why the stuff are these games scheduled for the MCG I'm sure they'd regularly attract 60-70k? After all we are rivals from the Carlton golden era of the 70's and 80's (just behind the Pies and Tigers with two GF's and seven other finals through the era).

Re: Round 1 2011- vs Crows at AAMI

There was one game (2008) where Bock seemed to be on top of Buddy, who was taking shots from everywhere and only managed 1.5 or 1.6, then Buddy was moved to the midfield where he just ripped the game apart and, with the help of Hodgey got us over the line.

I'm sure someone here will post footage of the Hodgey goal, just for old times sake

Got that game on tape :thumbsu:

Previous to my post above he nearly kicked goal of the year in that game for 2008 by running down the wing having a couple of bounces ala essendon this year and kicking it from the boundary missed by a whisker. Probably good practice for the two he kicked this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back