Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2002
Bay 18 L3
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bruins, Ice, Aces
LINKTICKETS

Anyone particularly excited about this tournament? I've booked tickets for a few games, really looking forward to it to be honest. A nice lead in to the up coming season.

Did a few group bookings for:

AUS v MEXICO
AUS v BELGIUM
AUS v SERBIA

Which will be enough of a hockey fix for the week. Not sure what to expect in all honesty other than Mexico wouldn't be too strong and maybe Serbia and Belgium would be. Haven't looked into it too much.

^ not many, they've withdrawn from the tournament :thumbsdown:

Looking forward to the week though - scheduled my holidays for now to go perth for the footy and to come back and watch ice hockey all week. Free stick and puck session for 5 game pass holders!

Aus flogged Mexico in their opening game. Good sized crowd turned out for the game, Hughes was the best player for Australia.

working at the saints-dons game on sunday evening... if i get out early enough gonna go watch. never seen a game of ice hockey live.

would've gone to NZ-Aus sat night but west coast are playing.

Aus defeated Belgium tonight 6-4 I think in the end. They pulled their goalie with about 40 seconds to go and Australia scored the empty netter on the third attempt. Great contest, both teams looked like they could have taken it out but got tired deep into the third which caused things to get a bit sloppy.

Great physical battle though. Hughes for Australia found the net again, close to the player of the tournament so far. Australia scored a very nice goal with a bit of a wrap around, Belgium's goalie made some wicked saves late. Crowd really got involced as the tension built up.

We sat near the Serbs who seemed like an ok bunch of blokes, very confident though by the tone of what they were saying. Australia need to roll Nz and Serbia to sweep the tournament.

I got tickets to Aus v NZ (thought there might be some good local rivalry).
Haven't been to a live ice hockey game before but enjoy watching NHL gamecentre matches. What is the quality of the game play like? I have nothing to compare to but NHL

Hi guys, I live in Canada and I was wondering if there is possibility that you guys might know if it is possible to watch any of the games live via internet.

Cheers.

I got tickets to Aus v NZ (thought there might be some good local rivalry).
Haven't been to a live ice hockey game before but enjoy watching NHL gamecentre matches. What is the quality of the game play like? I have nothing to compare to but NHL

Nothing close! Having seen NZ a few days ago, the Aussie should have little trouble.

I'd encourage you to come see some AIHL games this standard. The games are often a good spectacle and if anything seeing the standard of these amateurs really makes you appreciate how good the NHL guys are :thumbsu:

Sadly not, there's no video or audio coverage of the tournament.

How come? I was under impression that in Australia all nation team competitions are televised regardless of sport.

Either way thanks for the reply. I was hoping to catch NZL - AUS and AUS - SRB games. They will be very exciting since NZL just beat Belgium 5 - 0. All three team have a chance of winning gold.

How come? I was under impression that in Australia all nation team competitions are televised regardless of sport.

Either way thanks for the reply. I was hoping to catch NZL - AUS and AUS - SRB games. They will be very exciting since NZL just beat Belgium 5 - 0. All three team have a chance of winning gold.
We love our sport, but with the lack of channels around to show it, including Pay TV.. and the lack of love for Ice Hockey - it just won't get shown. Hell, it took soccer ages to get shown live on PayTV here, let alone free to air. And thats the 4th most popular ball sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting a write up in the Herald Sun in Tuesday is as good as it's got here in terms of coverage sadly

We love our sport, but with the lack of channels around to show it, including Pay TV.. and the lack of love for Ice Hockey - it just won't get shown. Hell, it took soccer ages to get shown live on PayTV here, let alone free to air. And thats the 4th most popular ball sport.

What might be of interest to both of you in terms of Aussie hockey, the Melbourne Ice are planning in streaming their home games at the Icehouse, not sure what the other teams are doing though.

joey hughes is having a stellar tourney so far but my fav player so far is young nathan walker. i checked out his stats on his chech junior team he plays for and they are impressive.i have been trying to work out how come he is playing over there and i a wondering whether vlad rubes has anything to do with it. todd graham is holding his own and i am led to believe he is back for good so he will play all year for the ice. not a bad game tonite against the vic allstars and a sweet penalty shot by nathan walker. its been a good tourney so far and crowds have been great. some amazing eye candy floating about too in the stands.

Big match tonight to decide the tournament. Can't wait, I've enjoyed te games immensely so far, not so much the Mexio game but the rest have been competitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 IIHF World Championship Division II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back