2011 rivalries and bets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rivalries & Bets

Didn't you say you were in all 4 of those leagues ;)

Yer but Marcus and I are exceptions due to our roles with the podcast and the site. Every1 wants us in their league so that they have the chance to take us down!

Btw - I hope people noticed that I am smashing Marcus so far hahaha

Damn you and your double digit ranking! I just slipped into the top 1000.

Your main man Cyril is down this week you Donk. SJ is going to weave some SuperCoach magic this week. Last week he 'hip and shouldered' a man 40kg heavier than him. This week he'll carry me past you. ;)

Brought in Curnow and Harris this week to ensure I have all the right cash cows.

Thinking the 4 extra trades make it worth it this year.

No more trades for me until upgrades!

:eek:

You got to speculate to accummulate!

Need to keep fine tuning early to get that perfect team before upgrades!

I think he was referring to the fact that you broke the golden rule of fantasy AFL - never trade before Friday.

4 trades down already is a lot. Though trading is the most fun part of this game :)

Brought in Curnow and Harris this week to ensure I have all the right cash cows.

Thinking the 4 extra trades make it worth it this year.

No more trades for me until upgrades!

LOL as if u wont trade before upgrades mate... U didnt take Harris? I can understand some people not taking Goddard and Swallow but Harris and no Swan to start either?

all ill say is wow im so very disappointed for you...

LOL as if u wont trade before upgrades mate... U didnt take Harris? I can understand some people not taking Goddard and Swallow but Harris and no Swan to start either?

all ill say is wow im so very disappointed for you...

You always beat me anyway Stanton...you're a perennial top 1k player whereas i'm more your top 1k player every second year.

As for Swannage...it was a case of Pendles or Swan? So far it is 1 week all in terms of who has socred highest.

As for Harris...well, i'll put my hand up and say I traded him out week 1 to get the Swannage into my team (no other choice as wanted Prestias MPP value). I had other reasons for it which dont hold up to your SCE and YSSC scrutiny, but it may have some impromptu (different style theories) about it in terms of match racing with one other player!

The upside is...i'm in FRONT Stanton...dont just read those words Stanton, feel them, shout them out aloud like I do! And yes, I know he had little roo out but i had 20 from Selwood the week before!

This is my time in the sun Stanton!

It may not last past this week, so I need get my air time now!

I think he was referring to the fact that you broke the golden rule of fantasy AFL - never trade before Friday.

4 trades down already is a lot. Though trading is the most fun part of this game :)

True, but there is method in my madness. It was the only way i could concentrate at work. If I hadnt done the trades, I'd be opening the bigfooty window every two second to lockout! Lose $500, or lose my job!

Let me get this straight... you started with Harris... traded him out for Libba pre-round 1 so you could do another sideways trade for Swan.

Then in round 2 you traded someone else out to bring harris back in? I assume you had to do a downgrade somewhere to make the cash to get him back in. Did you trade out Swallow or Prestia?

And on top of that another trade for Curnow?

So now you're 4 trades down after Round 2?

You'll have none left by Round 12!

(btw, to everyone else, I'm gloating cos Vandemon is in my work league and is making it easier for me by the week)

Let me get this straight... you started with Harris... traded him out for Libba pre-round 1 so you could do another sideways trade for Swan.

Then in round 2 you traded someone else out to bring harris back in? I assume you had to do a downgrade somewhere to make the cash to get him back in. Did you trade out Swallow or Prestia?

And on top of that another trade for Curnow?

So now you're 4 trades down after Round 2?

You'll have none left by Round 12!

(btw, to everyone else, I'm gloating cos Vandemon is in my work league and is making it easier for me by the week)

It's all to do with my Sun Tzu Art of War strategy...strike hard and early and then negotiate surrender terms!

You know...deal or no deal.

But shh...don't tell PK yet!

Anyway..trades/smades..that is the YSSC/SCE theory on Supercoach and something that can guarantee you top 500/1000. It is great for the guys that want to pat themselves on the back each year that they are elite! It's great for guys like you lachie who no longer have to think, just pull on your wool jumper and go baa!

The guy that won it last year went hard on trades early and often and had none left late and rode his luck! So much for the renowned supercoach sins 1 and 2....he completely flouted the rules and is currently sitting back overseas sipping on his margherita!

PS
If you are still reading to this point...lol!

Bluethunder didn't win last year because he 'went hard on trades early and often'. Bluethunder won despite having made bad trades because he nailed a few crucial ones.

With more trades you have the POTENTIAL to make more 'mistakes' this year and still win it. But you also have to contend with people making the most of their trades with regards to 'strength of schedule' and bye analysis.

You had Libba, Buckley, Swallow and Prestia so I assume you went Swallow & Buckley to Harris & Curnow? You gain little in the scoring department because you're playing 1 rookie on-field in the middle. The $ gain difference between Swallow/Buckley and Harris/Curnow surely cannot be worth the 2 trades?

P.S. - you are kidding yourself if you think 'Elites' are just playing to finish in the top 500.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bluethunder didn't win last year because he 'went hard on trades early and often'. Bluethunder won despite having made bad trades because he nailed a few crucial ones.

With more trades you have the POTENTIAL to make more 'mistakes' this year and still win it. But you also have to contend with people making the most of their trades with regards to 'strength of schedule' and bye analysis.

You had Libba, Buckley, Swallow and Prestia so I assume you went Swallow & Buckley to Harris & Curnow? You gain little in the scoring department because you're playing 1 rookie on-field in the middle. The $ gain difference between Swallow/Buckley and Harris/Curnow surely cannot be worth the 2 trades?

P.S. - you are kidding yourself if you think 'Elites' are just playing to finish in the top 500.

Ah jeez...i see your point!

I need a crash course in the trades side of it rather than just seeing the $$$$!

You're so off.

The major sins of SC are 'dont trade early in the week' and 'don't trade sideways'. There is no issue trading relatively early in the season, meaning not round 1, but as soon as there is an opportunity to get a premium.

The guy last year traded hard and early, but he did mostly very good trades, and no useless trade in, trade out trades like you have just done.

And there is plenty of evidence that saving trades works to win, or get very, very close. Both woodyman and boppin have finished second saving trades, and I'm pretty sure boppin knows the winner one year who saved trades. Casha saved trades, he won 2007 (?) Trading early and hard isn't a sure fire way to win, especially if you don't know how to trade responsibly.

Ah jeez...i see your point!

I need a crash course in the trades side of it rather than just seeing the $$$$!

:)

Just to be clear - I don't want to get stuck into you like a lot of people here are. I respect you for taking on a SuperCoach luminary like PK. I certainly don't have the balls for that. Would think you get a bit more support from the public as the underdog!

I just wanted to clarify a couple of your points which I felt to be blatantly incorrect.

Best of luck this season! (Although I'm definitely cheering for PK :D)

:)

Just to be clear - I don't want to get stuck into you like a lot of people here are. I respect you for taking on a SuperCoach luminary like PK. I certainly don't have the balls for that. Would think you get a bit more support from the public as the underdog!

I just wanted to clarify a couple of your points which I felt to be blatantly incorrect.

Best of luck this season! (Although I'm definitely cheering for PK :D)

Nps

The trick with this thing is to build it up to crazy proportions and have fun with it. Didnt really mean a serious crack at the elites - was just fooling!

Everyone says I'm outmatched which now I'm coming around too. It might be worth taking up that YSSC mentor offer for a small mgmt fee! Hmm, what to do! I am in the lead!

Actually, I have a question FB. Will tell the type of mosnter I'm up against!

If PK offered you a $500 bet based on your current positions...would you accept? Or do you think he could catch you from his current position?

I am ranked 38th. He is ranked 8000ish. He is a very good supercoach, but i would have to fancy my chances from here. You are up against a coach with one of the best records going around. He wont finish top 50 every year tho.

But PK is YSCC so there is no way that i would bet against him. I want him to be part of the no.1 league!!

I am ranked 38th. He is ranked 8000ish. He is a very good supercoach, but i would have to fancy my chances from here. You are up against a coach with one of the best records going around. He wont finish top 50 every year tho.

I wouldn't go head-to-head with Mark for $500 before the season started, let alone with a 300+ point head start! As far as I know, there is only one person who has a higher finishing average than me over the last two years, and that would be Rusman.

In saying that, if I had a shortlist of coaches who I would consider it a gamble to beat, Mark would easily be on it. I only need to make up 15ppw to catch him, but that is going to be a really tough ask. BlueGibbs on the other hand...;)

I wouldn't go head-to-head with Mark for $500 before the season started, let alone with a 300+ point head start! As far as I know, there is only one person who has a higher finishing average than me over the last two years, and that would be Rusman.

In saying that, if I had a shortlist of coaches who I would consider it a gamble to beat, Mark would easily be on it. I only need to make up 15ppw to catch him, but that is going to be a really tough ask. BlueGibbs on the other hand...;)

Good points PK, I'm just getting in all my air time this week before proper service is resumed...that is, you being at the top and me sideways trading trying to catchup, but losing all my trades.

BTW
A 2 year sample is a pretty small sample. This year, luck is playing a huge part due to a combination of potential injuries linked in with bye rounds.

Good points PK, I'm just getting in all my air time this week before proper service is resumed...that is, you being at the top and me sideways trading trying to catchup, but losing all my trades.

BTW
A 2 year sample is a pretty small sample. This year, luck is playing a huge part due to a combination of potential injuries linked in with bye rounds.

I would call it a 44 round sample. I could make some mistakes with trades, who I start on the ground, captain etc in certain individual rounds, but eventually if you nail enough correct decisions in the long run, the luck is erradicated.

It is just at the top of the leaderboard. where it comes down to luck as you have so many people who have made correct decisions, it's a raffle on the 1% differences as to who comes out on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back