2011 WDFNL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Good spot Fan09 - Never understood why people get knocked back with clearances. What's the use of keeping someone that doesn't want to be there?? Surely it's a useless exercise for both parties. Let them go and move on!

Nathan Auld is an interesting one, apparently he was quite handy last time he played - from all accounts he has always been a collegians player though in the past so not sure on that one.

Well havent heard anything about Auld or Wagstaff as yet, seems odd that Auld would be cleared back to Collegians so early and suddenly want a clearance back... Might be a work matter but who knows... As for wagstaff i see today the third clearance has gone in so it will either be approved or off to appeal, will be interesting to see what happens...

Have heard that the Power have had to turn players away... 60+ senior players looking for a game......any truth to it???

Also thought i'd see what people on here had to say about the The Standard's use of the term "star footy player" when ever a footballer gets in trouble with the law... I think it's ridiculous to use the fact that they play football locally to give an impression on the article whether it be for good or bad... Were all human but do we really need to bring football into it??

Don't know about 60 + but there have definitely been a lot more ins than outs so far.

I wasn't so sure how they would go keeping this team intact but so far so good.

As has been said Brad Johnson is a huge plus for the Power and word is the big key forward they have recruited is not too many levels below Fraser.
Coach Kenna is keen for another tilt at the flag and all the players find it very easy to follow him.

Also congrats to the Power on the back to back flags, don't think I have logged on here since the GF win! ;)

Auld is a teacher so its not a work thing as hes here for at least 12 months.....if thats true about the power turning players away is amazing if true.........maybe who doesnt get looked at could go to the struggling clubs for a certain senior game!!!! silly but its a thought......merrivale may chase victor from dennington, so im told

Also thought i'd see what people on here had to say about the The Standard's use of the term "star footy player" when ever a footballer gets in trouble with the law... I think it's ridiculous to use the fact that they play football locally to give an impression on the article whether it be for good or bad... Were all human but do we really need to bring football into it??

that is beacause the standard have a idiot called andrew thompson doing all them write ups trying to make every local club look bad, you never hear a bad word about his precious russells creek players do you?

that is beacause the standard have a idiot called andrew thompson doing all them write ups trying to make every local club look bad, you never hear a bad word about his precious russells creek players do you?

you didnt text the standard the other day did you? lol sounds exactly like a text the editor comment but i do see your point....

my concern isnt his bias towards other clubs just the fact that they use it as a reason that he should be treated leniently...

As for the power have had no confirmation as to how many they did have but have some breaking news....!!!!!!!

The big ruckman/forward for the Power may not play round one... Dislocated ankle is the early word, just how bad i dont know but their never easy to get over....

Andrew Rylance to put in a clearance to Rovers, another big loss to Timboon.
Timboon have signed Andrew clements though, the coaches younger brother (played there 2 year ago)

Creek look in trouble, half a dozen outgoing and not a single one incoming...?
Allansford have a ton of incoming but no big names...perhaps their finally adding depth...

Surely theres more gossip out there guys....

I was speaking to a senior South Rovers player the other night and I was surprised when I mentioned the huge amount of recruits that seem to be heading there way with all the clearances etc - he only really mentioned 3 or 4, so the others must just be reserves or under 17 players I would think.

I've heard whispers all pre-season that Creek are struggling. As soon as I saw John Neville heading to the blues I figured the whispers may be correct. Will Tank Neville go around again do you think??

Also a Panmure lad said they are playing a praccy against Collegians on Friday night - wonder who'll have the early form there?

Any one get any gossip on whose been 'training the house down'? Any recruits that will dominate, any already listed players who are looking dangerously fit and ready for a big breakout season??

tank neville finished......wagstaff gets his clearance...panmure dont play collegians in a prac match fri nite...creek playin kids so no known recruits..dont dismiss rovers but wilson will miss a fair part of the year from surgery to his shoulder..timboon play prac match on sun against simpson.......thats all i can think of at the moment. very interesting story why timboon held wagstaff back for so long!!!!

very interesting story why timboon held wagstaff back for so long!!!![/quote]

well do tell.....?

Will be a big loss for creek losing jono and tank as well as dunkley and weel...

Nirranda also playing simpson later in the month so may be able to see who looks better there...

Makarona training the house down at timboon and looking to prove something, Brad Johnson will be the Powers stand out player.

tank neville finished......wagstaff gets his clearance...panmure dont play collegians in a prac match fri nite...creek playin kids so no known recruits..dont dismiss rovers but wilson will miss a fair part of the year from surgery to his shoulder..timboon play prac match on sun against simpson.......thats all i can think of at the moment. very interesting story why timboon held wagstaff back for so long!!!!

Seems like an awfully odd thing to make up - Maybe I'll swing past the Panmure Rec Reserve tonight for a peak and see who's making the early running. My tip Panmure if Jaymen Fletcher is still around, I heard chat a while ago that he was leaving..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

creek played a praccy match against tyrendarra on friday night...havent heard results or anything like that as of yet...dennington to play warrnambool at friendlies on thursday night...any other practice matches happening?

the only thing makarona will prove is he is not worth 500 a game and a job haha

even in the practice match he looked pretty ordinary lol and you'd think with all the supposed shit he's caused out that way recently timboon would have got him for less than that...

have to say i'm a little disappointed in Fan09... give us the rest of the story or arent you game lol.

Word is collegians and panmures game was very scrappy but not saure who won and simpson dominated timboon all game on sunday and won easily

well nothing much to report, nirranda played colac imperials on last friday night, lost easily im told.

timboon play south colac tonight and merrivale playing someone at south warrnambool...was told its against south but not sure...??

also seems fan09 has vanished.... not game to back up your story?? lol

Ditto - nothing much happening but at least the season is not far away!!

Dennington played Warrnambool in a praccy last Thursday, apparently Tyler Keane the only one who looked up to standard. 18 odd goals to 1 with Warrnambool obviously winning that one.

Spoke to Box from Terang and they played Collegians last Wednesday - haven't heard any details but if memory serves correct it was cold and pissing down so I doubt there was much to be taken out of it

Any other praccies happening this weekend before the season starts??

Surely the lists are just about finalised now so I guess the rumour mill slows down.

That's all I've got.

wagstaff was given money for an op from timboon but since he was appointed to nirranda as coach, timboon wanted the money back.....nothing in writing so he had to be cleared....thats all!!!!!...........

wagstaff was given money for an op from timboon but since he was appointed to nirranda as coach, timboon wanted the money back.....nothing in writing so he had to be cleared....thats all!!!!!...........

well that should make timboon vs nirranda even more interesting in round 4...

Timboon looked ok on wednesday night against South colac but lost on the scoreboard. lot of overweight and unfit players though.

Merrivale apparently got smashed against south warnys reserves on the same night....?? anyone there?

Nirranda play simpson today, the Power play someone this weekend but cant remember who....

well that should make timboon vs nirranda even more interesting in round 4...

Timboon looked ok on wednesday night against South colac but lost on the scoreboard. lot of overweight and unfit players though.

Merrivale apparently got smashed against south warnys reserves on the same night....?? anyone there?

Nirranda play simpson today, the Power play someone this weekend but cant remember who....

how is ellensford going to go this year

Well with the season only a mere week and 2 days away from commencing and I'm not aware of any more praccy's to be played - may as well get everyones tips for Round 1!!!

Nirranda V Deakin - never know what deakin will throw up year to year so Nirranda for me by 6 goals

Russells Creek V Old Collegians - If all the chat about creek losing players is true I'll tip Collegians but in a close one.

Panmure V Merrivale - Merrivale always start well but Panmure at home will be too good

South Rovers V Timboon - South nowhere near as good without lucas wilson but they'll manage to get over Timboon

Kolora Noorat V Dennington - Dennington will get pantsed I reckon.

East Warrnambool V Allansford - Allansford should win easily. be interesting to see what (if any) changes East have made to their team but more importantly their attitude.

Can't wait for the season to get going!

Nirranda V Deakin - never know what deakin will throw up year to year so Nirranda for me by 6 goals

Deakin were terrible in a practice match so NIRRANDA by 10 goals for me..

Russells Creek V Old Collegians - If all the chat about creek losing players is true I'll tip Collegians but in a close one.

Old Collegians have recruited very well but could take a week or three to gel together, COLLEGIANS by 5 goals.

Panmure V Merrivale - Merrivale always start well but Panmure at home will be too good

Merrivale not looking too good, Panmure have picked up a couple more under the radar and will win by 4 goals.

South Rovers V Timboon - South nowhere near as good without lucas wilson but they'll manage to get over Timboon

This will be interesting, rylance and pender against their old side round one, lucky for rylance timboons big hitter isnt playing (although their good mates lol) rovers in a close one.

Kolora Noorat V Dennington - Dennington will get pantsed I reckon.

Kolora wont be anywhere near full strength, the big ruckman is struggling and buckle is in doubt as well as one or two others, will be very close Kolora by 2 goals

East Warrnambool V Allansford - Allansford should win easily. be interesting to see what (if any) changes East have made to their team but more importantly their attitude.

ALLANSFORD by 18 goals even though they wont be contenders for finals this year

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 WDFNL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back