GFL 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Frank Fopiani is the rumour.

Just on Fopiani, my interpretation is he has a game plan that he wants to implement, but didn't have the cattle at North Geelong. Maybe the desire is to test it at a higher level (GFL) with players capable of implementing it. Thoughts? I wouldn't have thought he'd come back to the BFL.

Just on Fopiani, my interpretation is he has a game plan that he wants to implement, but didn't have the cattle at North Geelong. Maybe the desire is to test it at a higher level (GFL) with players capable of implementing it. Thoughts? I wouldn't have thought he'd come back to the BFL.

I think Frank has been at a lower level two long - couple years at Drysdale, then GDFL with North Geelong. He would need to have agame plan that wasnt droconian that works at a lower level. GFL is big business now and many clubs have evolved - GPS units are being worn, Computerised statistics, hyporbaric chamber rehab sessions and so on. He has been at StMarys , the club needs someone from VFL minimum level.

I think Frank has been at a lower level two long - couple years at Drysdale, then GDFL with North Geelong. He would need to have agame plan that wasnt droconian that works at a lower level. GFL is big business now and many clubs have evolved - GPS units are being worn, Computerised statistics, hyporbaric chamber rehab sessions and so on. He has been at StMarys , the club needs someone from VFL minimum level.
Also can someone help with this question. I am a North Melbourne supporter and was at the game against the bulldogs two weeks ago. On game day I saw former local footballer Matthew Kershaw on the ground pre game with the warm up and in the senior coaching box of the Kangaroos next to Brad Scott. Does anyone know what role he has at the club etc etc ????
Im 100% positive it was him.

Also can someone help with this question. I am a North Melbourne supporter and was at the game against the bulldogs two weeks ago. On game day I saw former local footballer Matthew Kershaw on the ground pre game with the warm up and in the senior coaching box of the Kangaroos next to Brad Scott. Does anyone know what role he has at the club etc etc ????
Im 100% positive it was him.

If you watch abc on sat you will probably see him again. He is an assistant coach at Werribee who are aligned with nth.
He is there along with some other former gfl players

Which Clubs have computerised statistics and hyporbaric chambers?

And why would somone involved at VFL level take a pay cut to go to St Mary's or any other GFL Club.

Who is going to coach Lara, St Marys, St Josephs and Bell Park next year? Names like Chapman, Hovey, Rayner & Fopiani are all a chance.

Which Clubs have computerised statistics and hyporbaric chambers?

And why would somone involved at VFL level take a pay cut to go to St Mary's or any other GFL Club.

Who is going to coach Lara, St Marys, St Josephs and Bell Park next year? Names like Chapman, Hovey, Rayner & Fopiani are all a chance.

I hear rumours that double Magarey medal winner James Allan is on his way home to Lara to take over as coach.

Robbo is signed and committed for another year at St Joseph's. Whether he plays or not is the issue.
Ben Armstrong and Tim Sheringham will lead Bell Park as part of the club's succession plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good rumor but would seriously doubt it. Would have thought he might get another year at vfl.
Didn't Harris get an extension?

He's captain at Werribee so I'd say he could keep playing there for another year for sure, but I've heard some good mail that he'll get the Lara job.

Harris did get an extension which was strange as there's been rumours floating around for awhile that they weren't happy with him.. No surprise really that's it turned out the way it did.

Is it true what was said on Krock radio on sat?is there trouble at grovey. apparently involving a lot of money and a previous coach that has not been paid. splattered all over the radio over the weekend

He's captain at Werribee so I'd say he could keep playing there for another year for sure, but I've heard some good mail that he'll get the Lara job.

Harris did get an extension which was strange as there's been rumours floating around for awhile that they weren't happy with him.. No surprise really that's it turned out the way it did.

Is it true what was said on Krock radio on sat?is there trouble at grovey. apparently involving a lot of money and a previous coach that has not been paid. splattered all over the radio over the weekend

Didn't hear it myself, what exactly was said?

Rumour going around is that he was reappointed by select members of committee and there was quite a backlash from some players and club members which got back to the coach. Committee members who re-appointed him may have since resigned. Rumours of course but would make sense as to why there was such a back flip.

Rumour going around is that he was reappointed by select members of committee and there was quite a backlash from some players and club members which got back to the coach. Committee members who re-appointed him may have since resigned. Rumours of course but would make sense as to why there was such a back flip.

Whoever started this rumour obviously hasn't been involved in a football committee at this level. Select members of committee don't make decisions of this magnitude without ratification by the general committee. Committees and coaches also don't make decisions based on the views of 'some players and club members'.

Didn't hear it myself, what exactly was said?
That rumour monger Mahoney could not wait to blurt it out that a previous coach of grovey is suing the club for a lot of money. Apparently he did not get paid and is NOT HAPPY and is now wanting his money.I dont understand why that has to be on the radio to tell you the truth.

Whoever started this rumour obviously hasn't been involved in a football committee at this level. Select members of committee don't make decisions of this magnitude without ratification by the general committee. Committees and coaches also don't make decisions based on the views of 'some players and club members'.

Putting aside that portion of the rumour Archie, is it true that there was a backlash to the re-appointment? I dont know one way or another, and you sound like you might have a better idea.

That rumour monger Mahoney could not wait to splurt it out that a previous coach of grovey is suing the club for a lot of money. Apparently he did not get paid and is NOT HAPPY and is now wanting his money.I dont understand why that has to be on the radio to tell you the truth.

Well it's not true, and I'd suggest that anyone who believes a word that comes out of that blokes mouth then they're a bigger d..khead then he is..

Never listen to krock, but I've heard that there's been a bit of Grovedale bashing going on recently. Milky should really learn to shut his mouth instead of continually making a fool of himself.

That rumour monger Mahoney could not wait to splurt it out that a previous coach of grovey is suing the club for a lot of money. Apparently he did not get paid and is NOT HAPPY and is now wanting his money.I dont understand why that has to be on the radio to tell you the truth.

It has to be on the radio because milky mahoney for some reason, i don't think likes Grovedale and always has to have a say on other clubs that he doesn't like, never hear him bag joeys even when they had some little problems going on pre season with some players.

Has anyone actually heard him commentate games? the man is a weirdo. Reminds me of Bruce McAvaney, everytime daniel jull from marys gets the ball he says " ohhhhhh juuuuuullllllll ohhhhhh"

Putting aside that portion of the rumour Archie, is it true that there was a backlash to the re-appointment? I dont know one way or another, and you sound like you might have a better idea.

Like every coach who has ever coached at any level, Ben Harris has his critics. The club, however, had already re-signed key players for 2012 after Ben's re-appointment and a succession plan for 2013 was in the pipeline.

Remove this Banner Ad

GFL 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back