Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2005
Somewhere.......
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Indianapolis Colts Detroit Lions
The thread title pretty much speaks for itself

If you have heard of anything just post it in here.

Re: Has anyone heard any whispers on what Dreamteam is going to be like next year?

DT Talk lads talked to VS last week I believe about 2012

Re: Has anyone heard any whispers on what Dreamteam is going to be like next year?

Just back to the old way, ie 30 players due to no bye.

just a huntch nothing more.

I wouldnt mind keep it the way it is right now ie the 3 emergs on the bench ( without the byes)

Oh and 26 trades should be the amount you get for the year.

I'm only guessing here but I reckon they will add 2 more teams to the leagues

Currently we have 16 in a league so if they add 2 we should have 18. It makes sense and to compensate the 2 extra teams instead of having the first 3 weeks as practice rounds only have say the first week as a practice round and starting competing against each other in Round 2 until round 19?

Its only an idea.

Increasing the trades would be a horrible idea but in the end it will result in people taking longer to run out of trades and therefore more hits to their site so it's definitely a possibility.

I'd say 18 in a league as well. The more league games the more hits to their site. In previous seasons most casual dreamteamers had no reason to log in for the first three rounds.

The only reason I reckon they will increase the Trades is because From what I have heard next season is gonna be like 26 Rounds long so to me 26 Trades would be great ( its 1 trade per week) well thats what it works out to be.

Without byes it would be ridiculous to leave it as 33 player teams.

If I was a betting man, which I am... it would most likely go to 18 teams per league, back to 20 trades and squads of 30.

Just a hunch! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to know why we only get 3 emergencies. Would like to see something so that you should have an oppurtunity to set an emergency for each position (ie 4 emergencies)

We should have 7 mids instead of 2 ruck only positions.

But if I was to guess I would also assume back to last years setup with more teams per league if the length of the season is extended.

It's been hard enough to fill my work league with 16 teams. Almost half of the league is celeb DTers. At 18 I probably won't bother with a work league. Lol. :p

Haha. I would feel dejected that no one would pick me to play against them in their league... I guess at least this year I would be an easy beat for the head to heads and wouldn't win work leagues and the like!

18 league members will be great!

Would be good if you could have the option to make it have less coaches... and then just by luck of the draw - like the real thing - can play others off twice in a season. Ideally, I would like a league of 10, so you play each other twice from Rd 1 and then play off for finals as normal. (Like DT Pro).

It would depend on the number of rounds in the season really, which we won't know until the fixture is released.

If I was a betting man, I would say it will be 22 rounds with two split rounds. ;)

If I was a betting man, I would say it will be 22 rounds with two split rounds. ;)

It sounds like you are dying to tell us a few things, dont fight it! you can spill it here LOL.;)

AFL Dream Team seems to follow everything in the actual afl Season.
So, the AFL season in 2012 will be 22 rounds. So there is no reason to increase the number of players or trades.

The salary cap will reflect what the salary cap is in the AFL. 30 players, two reserves spot in each position. 20 trades and most likely 18 teams in a public/private league.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Dream Team season musings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back