Secondary 2012 Exams

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm hoping for a 27/30 for english and got 37/40 and 59/60 for further, very pleased with those results. Physics, chem and busman to go, so screwed for chem i literally can't do a single question and got an E+ for mid years :p
I've found unit 4 chem much easier, still don't like my chances :p

Who did Health today? I thought the paper was easier than i intitially thought, still don't want to speculate on my score though! What were people's thoughts on it?

Did anyone do history on Wednesday. If so I have to ask, did you notice the robot and if so was it off-putting?

Who did Health today? I thought the paper was easier than i intitially thought, still don't want to speculate on my score though! What were people's thoughts on it?
I did Health in 2010 and even though I aced the the Sacs (all 95%+) and thought I aced the exam I only ended up with a 38. It's so easy that everyone does well in it. If I had my time over I wouldn't have done it. That 38 went down to about 33.5 as well from memory :mad:

So long story short don't get your hopes up

Did anyone do history on Wednesday. If so I have to ask, did you notice the robot and if so was it off-putting?
Some of my students indicated that they spent a bit of their reading time trying to work out what it was. Pretty poor by VCAA to say that it wouldn't have had an impact on any students' answers.

I teach History (Revolutions - France & Russia) and Geography. I'd be interested to know what students and teachers thought of these exams. I thought the Revolutions one was probably a little easier than in previous years, while the Geography one was perhaps a little bit more unpredictable than it has been.

I'd be interested to know what students and teachers thought of these exams.
I did Revolutions, not Geography, I found the exam to be quite easy. I wrote on Russia in section A and France in section B so I didn't really focus on the Russian picture. The NEP document was rather easy and straightforward, the two extended responses were also straightforward. Frances document on the Clergy man / Bourgeoisie? (I said bourgeoisie, others said Nobility, what was your take on it?) was a little more challenging than the other questions and Frances exam topic was perfect for myself. We had a stuff up at our school where the supervisors from VCAA lost our writing books, photocopied some other book, then found the actual writing ones. So we had solid 20 minute delay before we started. I am rather confident with how I went, now I just need for results.

Did anyone sit the Business exam? If so, what are your thoughts on it.

Did shit on Legal too.

English: 26
Business Management: 26
Geography: 26
Literature: 26
Legal Studies: 21

ATAR: 46.55.

:(
Rough break Spitta - did you do much revision throughout the year?

Rough break Spitta - did you do much revision throughout the year?

Yeah I did quite a bit, and a lot of the teachers told me I was their choice for dux. My sister passed away on the eve of the English exam so I don't think I really reached a great level, but still expected higher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I did quite a bit, and a lot of the teachers told me I was their choice for dux. My sister passed away on the eve of the English exam so I don't think I really reached a great level, but still expected higher.
Sorry to hear that man - don't beat yourself up about your score; Uni's will understand.

Sorry to hear mate.:(

Suprised myself with my results given Im not really a high ranking student.
Ancient History 73/100
English 66/100
Legal Studies 72/100
Society/Culture 75/100
Studies Religion 64/100
Couldn't give a toss about English or Religion and never did anything for 2 years in those classes so ill take that. Did a fair bit more effort in the other 3 though.
We find out our ATAR from 6am tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Secondary 2012 Exams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back