GFL 2012 gfl player movements

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive sourced rumour,
Lara is recruiting heavily out of the VFL from both werribee and williamstown:thumbsu:

You were right mate,
heard they have signed reece prismall ans nathan schroder from werribee.
Is there anymore you know of?

are Lara a chance to join the big 3 in the premiership 2012?
surely they need some talls?

You were right mate,
heard they have signed reece prismall ans nathan schroder from werribee.
Is there anymore you know of?

are Lara a chance to join the big 3 in the premiership 2012?
surely they need some talls?

Don't worry about them, if rumours are true that they've signed Shaydon Bloomfield, he'll be the best of there recruits.. Kicked 199 goals in the last 2 seasons for Albion. Won't kick that many here but would be a very handy gfl player in my opinion.

Don't worry about them, if rumours are true that they've signed Shaydon Bloomfield, he'll be the best of there recruits.. Kicked 199 goals in the last 2 seasons for Albion. Won't kick that many here but would be a very handy gfl player in my opinion.

The same shaydon Bloomfield that won the gdfl under 18 b&f for centrals a few years ago? Attitude problems on the field and off which got him cut from the western jets tac cup side. Will fit right in at Lara

Ok..
I know the 2011 season has just drawn to a close. But the wheel doesn't stop turning. This thread is purely about info. What clubs are recruiting, who are they recruiting and which players are going where?
The 2012 season should be a ripper, I say lets get rolling on it ASAP. :rolleyes:

peter dav could be back in geelong i think people now see how good he can be improved st albans masively and had a really good year in ballarat , my sorces say he could go to north shore as an assistant and take some good players .

The same shaydon Bloomfield that won the gdfl under 18 b&f for centrals a few years ago? Attitude problems on the field and off which got him cut from the western jets tac cup side. Will fit right in at Lara

Yer would be the same one! Must also be the same one that played VFL for werribee, won a league best and fairest, club senior b&f kicked 200 goals in 2 yrs, done a pre season at ST Kilda AFL, and tac cup is just park Footy these days! Espically to blokes like don! Indeginious superstar who will surely be the best pick up for Lara and in the whole GFL in general I'd put my bank that he'll be massive there he has really lifted in the past two years, could def play AFL in a pocket similar to a Mark Le Cras!

Both Prismall and Schroder are very good additions to Lara and are massive pick ups as well they will surely be a top 3 team if everything works out!

Bloomfield could possibly get picked up if he can kick 75+ next year!

peter dav could be back in geelong i think people now see how good he can be improved st albans masively and had a really good year in ballarat , my sorces say he could go to north shore as an assistant and take some good players .

A really good year? Hate to see one of his ordinary years then!

I was talking to a bloke who said he was talking to a bloke who saw Nathan Ablett meeting with South Barwon people recently. The bloke I was talking to then talked to a bloke from South Barwon who wouldn't talk about it other than to say 'no comment'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was talking to a bloke who said he was talking to a bloke who saw Nathan Ablett meeting with South Barwon people recently. The bloke I was talking to then talked to a bloke from South Barwon who wouldn't talk about it other than to say 'no comment'.

a lot of talking going on then?

How are preseason going for clubs? Who has started and and who is looking the goods?
St albans started 10t nov and Leopold start on the 14th.
Like I said it rolls around pretty quick.

any grovedale news yet,very quite for them at this time of year.

I think that's because they are struggling to recruit. Haven't heard a thing apart from they were talking to a couple of big names but that was a while back and they obviously said thanks but no thanks.

Lara started on Monday - about 30 attended including recruits Prismall, Bloomfield and Taylor.

did scrodher attend didn't he and prismall go as a package?
also another bloke matt wilkinson? only played school footy as a junior but apprently dominated that comp and is making a comeback

is there any other news? ive heard peter street is a maybe also another ex werribee and williamstown player brant dixon ?

did scrodher attend didn't he and prismall go as a package?
also another bloke matt wilkinson? only played school footy as a junior but apprently dominated that comp and is making a comeback

is there any other news? ive heard peter street is a maybe also another ex werribee and williamstown player brant dixon ?

Shroder hasn't started training but he's been there - don't know about Wilkinson or Dixon but Street is a possibility.

any grovedale news yet,very quite for them at this time of year.

Grovey and St Joeys have a lot in common, both have had plenty of talented 15/16/17 and 18 year olds pass through their doors.
I can recall the late 80s and early 90s when both clubs battled some super u/16 and 18 games, Joeys often on the receiving end.

Joeys went on to play in 5 losing senior GF's whilst Grovey have struggled to make the finals. JOeys are considering a strong club yet they have the same result for premierships over the journey at senior level.

Both clubs have had many juniors go on to higher standards including AFL.

Both have shite home grounds that are simply public reserves.

I really think that most youngsters play for themselves and are happy with a loss provided they played well and have x amount of touches thanks to a stats crazy era.

All clubs across Geelong would benefit from educating their juniors from about 15 about the previous powers/scuccesses of their clubs.

Too often blokes only find out about the hardships overcome or the wins against the odds when they stop and spend some time chatting with ex playesr 10/20 and 30 years older than themselves.

All this from a hopeless local footy romantic!

Grovey and St Joeys have a lot in common, both have had plenty of talented 15/16/17 and 18 year olds pass through their doors.
I can recall the late 80s and early 90s when both clubs battled some super u/16 and 18 games, Joeys often on the receiving end.

Joeys went on to play in 5 losing senior GF's whilst Grovey have struggled to make the finals. JOeys are considering a strong club yet they have the same result for premierships over the journey at senior level.

Both clubs have had many juniors go on to higher standards including AFL.

Both have shite home grounds that are simply public reserves.

I really think that most youngsters play for themselves and are happy with a loss provided they played well and have x amount of touches thanks to a stats crazy era.

All clubs across Geelong would benefit from educating their juniors from about 15 about the previous powers/scuccesses of their clubs.

Too often blokes only find out about the hardships overcome or the wins against the odds when they stop and spend some time chatting with ex playesr 10/20 and 30 years older than themselves.

All this from a hopeless local footy romantic!

Your pretty spot on. Grovedale have struggled to keep their juniors throughout the years which i can't understand and with all the players that left in the past 3 to 5 years and with their current crop of juniors (which arent that flash) they need to find new ways to suceed, i think they need some good good coaches at junior level to start teaching these kids how to play the right way at a young age so they know what to expect when they reach senior level

Joeys however have always had better juniors, some of which have come through and played good senior footy, but they seem to always go out and pay players and try and buy premierships rather than stick with some of their kids and give them opportunities which often ends with some of their good kids leaving the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

GFL 2012 gfl player movements

Remove this Banner Ad

Back