Portfolio 2012 Jumper Ideas (by lil_griff94)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2012 Jumper Ideas

Let's wait and see what Lil_Griff says first before we decide on a course of action. It could be a simple misunderstanding, or it may not be. As Gibbsy said though, the Brothashane situation has set a precedent for this. I'd rather let you guys sort things out yourselves then get the higher ups involved in this.

PAFC does have every right to be pissed off. Hopefully lil_griff can come on and explain himself and not just avoid the issue. An apology is in order and a little recognition but definitely not a card imo.

Yeah actually I agree a card is probably too far, forgot about that brothashane issue. As I said, I wouldn't have had an issue if he'd asked and/or recognised me but he didn't do either of these. Really can't wait for his explanation though, as you can all tell I'm quite angry at the moment...

Good to have a few people on my side now. I reckon lil griff has seen the comments and chose to ignore it and not reply. Seriously mate, if you've done this toughen up and show me a bit of respect by apologising. FFS you used my designs and claimed them as your own without any notification to myself or any mention of my name whatsoever. I'm sorry mate but its simply not on. I don't wanna really sound like an arrogant, whingey little bitch but as Alzy and Tigerland said, I have every right to be a bit shitty :mad:

Seriously, unless he has a decent explanation or apology I reckon he should get carded...

PAFC, if he is guilty of plagiarising your work, I'd take it as a compliment.

Yeah actually I agree a card is probably too far, forgot about that brothashane issue. As I said, I wouldn't have had an issue if he'd asked and/or recognised me but he didn't do either of these. Really can't wait for his explanation though, as you can all tell I'm quite angry at the moment...
I hadn't even joined or had only just joined when the Brothashane issue happened I think. But he actually spoke up and said something which is more the what lil griff has done so far. But I might be confusing it with something else so apologies if I am.

I hadn't even joined or had only just joined when the Brothashane issue happened I think. But he actually spoke up and said something which is more the what lil griff has done so far. But I might be confusing it with something else so apologies if I am.

Don't actually think I was even a member when all that stuff happened but I did still read a lot of this forum before I joined. I do remember reading it and yes, he did give an explanation. I don't really wanna say too much more until his explanation (if he even does :rolleyes:) but its gonna take a bloody good one and a sincere apology to calm me down...

Haha good thinking ;) Either that or laziness :thumbsdown: Still wasn't the right thing to do though...

You're right about the laziness. I can't understand why anyone would be interested in plagiarising any work done here at bigfooty. What's to gain?

You're right about the laziness. I can't understand why anyone would be interested in plagiarising any work done here at bigfooty. What's to gain?

That's really all it was :thumbsdown: It was pretty obvious as soon as I saw this thread, there were so many things exactly the same. Sponsors, minor details, etc. The West Coast one was the real giveaway, what was he thinking? As if I wasn't gonna notice! I thought they all looked somewhat familiar but when I saw that one it all clicked. There's so many templates easily available now that he could've made the exact same/very similar designs in 10 minutes himself :thumbsdown: Really disappointing! It's nice that he liked my designs but there could've been much nicer ways to show it, such as through a comment on my thread (which he didn't do) or even a PM. It's just so disappointing and I'm glad people aren't seeing me as the d!ck for complaining. Portfolios are places to show off your own skills and ideas, not someone elses.

Even a lot of the 'unique' clashes are just lazy edits of my own designs too. The Brisbane, Geelong, Hawthorn and Melbourne all look to be examples of this (there's more too, just cbf naming them all).

That's really all it was :thumbsdown: It was pretty obvious as soon as I saw this thread, there were so many things exactly the same. Sponsors, minor details, etc. The West Coast one was the real giveaway, what was he thinking? As if I wasn't gonna notice! I thought they all looked somewhat familiar but when I saw that one it all clicked. There's so many templates easily available now that he could've made the exact same/very similar designs in 10 minutes himself :thumbsdown: Really disappointing! It's nice that he liked my designs but there could've been much nicer ways to show it, such as through a comment on my thread (which he didn't do) or even a PM. It's just so disappointing and I'm glad people aren't seeing me as the d!ck for complaining. Portfolios are places to show off your own skills and ideas, not someone elses.

Even a lot of the 'unique' clashes are just lazy edits of my own designs too. The Brisbane, Geelong, Hawthorn and Melbourne all look to be examples of this (there's more too, just cbf naming them all).

I almost made a lazy edit to someone's design, in an attempt to improve it. Then I thought better, I didn't want to spoil his portfolio, even though it was only a suggestion.
If we were all open about such things, then there wouldn't be any problem.

Just letting people know i have sent an apology to PAFC. Yes i admit to coping the work and would like to acknowledge that jumpers in this thread are those of PAFC and i think that is vindication to the fantastic work he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As in a read these pages without being a member. Not that a plagiarised. My computer is stuffing up a bit and I don't know what actually posts and what doesn't aso sorry if my posts dont make sense sometimes.

Alright guys, griff has just apologised to me via PM and I have accepted that. I also want to apologise to him for being so harsh without him allowing an explanation. It appears that he genuinely did have a misunderstanding in what he could do. I think we have all learnt a lesson in what is acceptable and what isn't which is a good thing. I hope that we can all move on without holding any grudges :thumbsu:

There is a big lesson to be learnt here today.

Now, yes, I'm not a mod, or been active on here for long (But I did read it for years before hand) but I like to think I'm a well respected poster, to write the following.

If, you do enjoy someones hard work, which of course is all done for love as no-one gets paid to come from from work, or school and make these.
And if you wish to edit it, or slightly make a improvement, or base a design on theirs. PM them first, ask for permisson, and really, to avoid others questioning it, put a little writing that says 'With permission from ____'

As we do when we borrow other desgins.

Unfortunatly, if this doesn't stop, and we have more copying, someone will be hit hard. Maybe the next person needs a card for others to wake up to it.
Gievn that stealing it is illegal.

Now, lets all be friends again :)

There is a big lesson to be learnt here today.
If, you do enjoy someones hard work, which of course is all done for love as no-one gets paid to come from from work, or school and make these.
And if you wish to edit it, or slightly make a improvement, or base a design on theirs. PM them first, ask for permisson, and really, to avoid others questioning it, put a little writing that says 'With permission from ____'

Spot on :thumbsu:

Yeah exactly, I would have been happy and felt quite priveleged if he had asked me first and given me a bit of credit. Anyway, in this case I trust griff that it was an honest mistake and misunderstanding and as a result will hold nothing against him. I think everyone who reads/posts in this thread needs to take note of what has happened here and learn a lesson from it. I think 90% of posters on this board won't have an issue if you ask them and acknowledge them correctly. Now, as has been said, lets move on as normal :thumbsu:

:thumbsu: top post!

To add to that not just when asking someone to use/edit their work but also acknowledging (perhaps at the end of your post) when you have used someone else's work who is not part of this board.

There was a major issue with brothashane a while ago about him claiming work as his own when he had only made minor changes to CostaFC's logos and logos from other organisations.

Whenever you use someone else's work, whether they are part of the board or not, you should acknowledge that it is not yours or that you have modified it.

Another point (I know I'm rambling at this point so sorry) but do we really need all these '2012 jumper ideas' portfolios when we already have a thread specifically designed for that. Don't get me wrong, it's great to see so many new posters who are enthusiastic and willing to post ideas and what not, but I think it's gotten out of hand.

Anyway thats just my two bobs, apologies for hijacking the thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Portfolio 2012 Jumper Ideas (by lil_griff94)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back