2012 Prototype Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe had two surgeries. Shoulder and groin fm. Natural fitness level or not he is still going to be well short of a gallop given he has not made an appearance with the main group yet.

Morabito has not done any time with the main group either. Doing some light running only which makes me think he won't be right to go for a while yet. That's what I hear although Dr DT seems to think he is going to be right to go for the start of the year.

Fyfe had two surgeries. Shoulder and groin fm. Natural fitness level or not he is still going to be well short of a gallop given he has not made an appearance with the main group yet.

Morabito has not done any time with the main group either. Doing some light running only which makes me think he won't be right to go for a while yet. That's what I hear although Dr DT seems to think he is going to be right to go for the start of the year.

ew groin does scare me

Yeh agree he may be behind where he would have been especially with a groin.

Might try and get down to freo training. They have some interesting prospects and of course how Lyon is going to use them will be so important to know. Spurr, Ballantyne, Ibbotson, Suban, Broughton, Duffield, Sandilands, Fyfe, Morabito ect

Diabetic Pineapple Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by cfx_1. Salary cap left: $24,200.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Jack Grimes, Brian Lake, Marty Clarke, Sam Docherty, Steven Morris
Billie Smedts, Beau Wilkes

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Marc Murphy, Lenny Hayes, Stephen Clifton
Callum Bartlett, Koby Stevens

Dean Cox, Hamish McIntosh
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Paul Chapman, Lance Franklin, Dustin Martin, Alan Didak, Jonathan Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Ahmed Saad
Adam Treloar, Dayne Zorko

Not sold on ruck combination yet. Want to see how Hmac will be used and if Kreuzer is fit by then... Some very juicy second tier options and i am not sold on the premium ruck options due to byes/fitness/new coach/1000 other different reasons. Safe bet is still Cox. Not sold on Porps yet either but if he can average 80 he will generate some decent enough cash for a nice upgrade just before the finals. Have left out Stevie J cause i plain don't like him and Chappy has the DPP which may come in handy down the line.

TEAM NAME: Rota7
DEF: B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Buntine, B. Ellis (T. Mohr, B. Smedts)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, B. Goddard, S. Clifton, K. Stevens (L. Brown, T. Mitchell)
RUC: T. Goldstein, A. Sandilands (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, N. Riewoldt, G. Rohan, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (D. Zorko, H. Crozier)
CASH LEFT: $30,100

Feedback appreciated!!

Had the dredded first play around with the fanplanner today
Know very little about the rookies, so i dont know where the best value is (yet).

B: Goddard, Scotland, Broughton, Waters, Grimes, Lake, Ellis (Smedts, Wilkes)
C: Swan, Watson, Montagna, Barlow, Stevens, McDonald (Mitchell, Shiel)
R: Sandilands, Leuenberger (Giles, Stephenson)
F: Fyfe, O'Keefe, Martin, Riewodlt, Brown, Zorko, Saad (Walsh, Kennedy)

Well probably fancy the discounted injured players alot less than i do at the moment

DEF: B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Buntine, B. Ellis (T. Mohr, B. Smedts)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, B. Goddard, S. Clifton, K. Stevens (L. Brown, T. Mitchell)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, N. Riewoldt, G. Rohan, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (D. Zorko, H. Crozier)

Feedback appreciated!!

Looks solid enough with the intel we have so far.

I love Rohan as a player and see why you've gone there with the underpricing from subs last year but I think he'll be used as a defensive fwd which is not a great DT role. He is great in the role, has fantastic closing speed and a strong tackler but won't score well.

I also get the Mitchell choice but the Swans midfield depth is exceptional so it's hard to see him getting CONSISTENT games early. I don't have him near the Swans top 25 atm and kids like Parker who showed plenty last year will be cementing roles before him.

Feedback appreciated!!

Fyfe has had an injury impact preseason
Lake is doubtful he can get back to 2010 form
Broughton depends what role Ross Lyon allocates
Goddard is better in the backline (with only 2 D/M no need for DPP)
Treloar might be an option for M/F in the Mids
HMAC could impact on Goldstein scoring potential
Barlow could be a under priced option for your mids

Yeah I'd read the Freo board training thread to make up your mind on Fyfe, he has been interrupted. Pav may be the safer bet or even Alan Christenson if you want some cash to spare.

Broughton is much less of a risk and a good thing I reckon.

I had a go this morning too. FWIW I'm really only interested in my 2 leagues and have finished in the top 500 and top 1500 in the last 2 years.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Jed Adcock, Paul Duffield, Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis, Sam Darley
Steven Morris, Tomas Bugg

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Dayne Zorko
James McDonald, Luke Brown

Matthew Leuenberger, Shane Mumford

Lance Franklin, Matthew Pavlich, David Zaharakis, Dustin Martin, Josh Mellington, Stephen Clifton, Ahmed Saad
Adam Treloar, Sam Rowe

Some risks in there I know with Duff and Adcock but it'll be pretty easy to tell in the NAB whether they need to go. Grimes, Suban, Heppell, Broughton all options I can switch too easily if one of DuffCock get NABstink.

I've loaded the mids with Swan the only target for an upgrade. I think I have plenty of captain cover in there with the top 4.

I like to set and forget my rucks so the combo I went with should see me through. I think Kreuzer will let his DT coaches down, Hmac wont score to keep and options like Smith, Maric and other cheaper sleeper keeper options just didn't do it for me.

Forwards are tough this year with the byes. Rookies will poke up through the NAB and will absolutely change in my team for Rd 1. I put Mellington in there as I think he'll be this year's Freo special.

I've taken the approach of getting my ideal final side together and then taken out those who I think will be easiest to get in throughout the year. To my mind the backs and forwards are the easier targets this year so I'll concentrate on them in my trading.

Obviously this strategy leaves some cash on the table as I ignore some of the very solid rookie mids, but by having more of the high priced mids starting the plan is I won't need as much cash to fill the gaps anyway. For me getting the right back and fwd rooks is key.

Backs:
H.Scotland, B.Goddard, C.Enright, H.Shaw, B.Deledio, G.Broughton, B.Lake (L.Spurr, B.Wilkes)

Mids:
G.Ablett, C.Wingard, D.Shiel, S.Clifton, D.Pfeiffer, A.Treloar (J.McDonald, L.Brown)

Rucks:
S.Mumford, J.Gilles (O.Stephenson, S.Rowe)

Forwards:
L.Franklin, S.Johnson, M.Pavlich, D.Zaharakis, D.Martin, N.Riewoldt, J.Brown (D.Zorko, T.Walsh)

First draft - one or two unique mid-pricers:

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Greg Broughton, Dyson Heppell, Matthew Jaensch, Brandon Ellis, Tim Mohr
Luke Brown, Beau Wilkes

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Scott Selwood, Kyal Horsely, Adam Treloar
Dylan Shiel, James McDonald

Shane Mumford, Hamish McIntosh

Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, Dustin Martin, Jordan Lewis, Josh J. Kennedy, Stephen Clifton, Ahmed Saad
Jeremy Cameron, Dayne Zorko

Hopefully by season's end, Jaensch will be my 7th back, S.Selwood the 6th mid and Josh Kennedy the 7th forward.

Should leave 6 or 7 upgrades depending on McIntosh's form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had the dredded first play around with the fanplanner today
Know very little about the rookies, so i dont know where the best value is (yet).

B: Goddard, Scotland, Broughton, Waters, Grimes, Lake, Ellis (Smedts, Wilkes)
C: Swan, Watson, Montagna, Barlow, Stevens, McDonald (Mitchell, Shiel)
R: Sandilands, Leuenberger (Giles, Stephenson)
F: Fyfe, O'Keefe, Martin, Riewodlt, Brown, Zorko, Saad (Walsh, Kennedy)

Well probably fancy the discounted injured players alot less than i do at the moment

Like the structure, although Waters/Grimes/Lake combo is fraught with danger (injuries).

Think Montagna may bounce back and I may still squeeze him in.

Backs:
H.Scotland, B.Goddard, C.Enright, H.Shaw, B.Deledio, G.Broughton, B.Lake (L.Spurr, B.Wilkes)

Mids:
G.Ablett, C.Wingard, D.Shiel, S.Clifton, D.Pfeiffer, A.Treloar (J.McDonald, L.Brown)

Rucks:
S.Mumford, J.Gilles (O.Stephenson, S.Rowe)

Forwards:
L.Franklin, S.Johnson, M.Pavlich, D.Zaharakis, D.Martin, N.Riewoldt, J.Brown (D.Zorko, T.Walsh)

You could be insane, you could be a genius. Not scruitinising the team too closely but Scotland, Goddard and Delidio all have the same bye so check that you have cover across your team. IMO, if you go with that format you have big goolies.

I'm thinking people with Pfeiffer in their side will be disappointed with the results. He'd have to do something massive in the pre-season to even be considered for Port's 22.
no offence but getting a game for port isnt to hard to be honest

especially for a 24 year old drafted for a reason

dylan123 said that you guys went after someone to play the "quarterback" role on the adelaide s/c and d/t thread and i think he may be right

Anyone know much on Bugg, Darley or Treolar all selected players at 17 so big talents, but anyone know much more. I think these players will be on the cusp/fringe or the last selected for GWS on to many occasions but than again you could hit a Trent Mckenzie.

I've seen James McDonald in a lot of teams. And it boggles my mind he is in so many. How much is being an assistant coach going to affect his game? How is his body going to hold up?

He is rookie priced and has scored well in the past, but he is a 35yr old who has had an entire year out of the game. His main focus will surely be protecting the young players/coaching them/being a role model to them. How will that affect his game? It could have a massive impact, it might have little impact, we simply don't know.

And I just can't see McDonald playing as much compared to other good rookie priced options from the other 17 clubs, even if McDonald is fully fit. Look at the Giants this year, they're all about youth. They want the rookies to get as much experience as possible. Not to mention that a lot of these rookies will be a lot better football players than a 35yr old player who has had his day. McDonald will almost certainly only have 1 season left in him and is certainly not part of the long term project on the field while these rookies are. The Giants may play McDonald once every few games to get a different perspective from someone about what it's like out there, but I doubt he'll be a regular in the side.

McDonald (and a lot of other players) will probably be in and out every few weeks even if fully fit. Yes the Suns did a similar rotation policy and it wasn't too bad, but with the Giants I think it will be on a much larger scale. I think there are much more solid and safer options out there than McDonald.

Very tough one to read, maybe not worth the risk considering you can get just about a guaranteed good rookie by relying on a few others and picking the right ones.

However it wasnt long ago he was avg 80 odd, the game continues to produce more DT scores but he will have a tough year in a GWS lineup. You would think even if he played every game the absolute most he could avg would be 75. I think he can do just about exactly what Daniel Harris did last year, not sure if its worth it and his experience may be used down in defense where they seem to lack a little.

I'm thinking people with Pfeiffer in their side will be disappointed with the results. He'd have to do something massive in the pre-season to even be considered for Port's 22.

I remember going to the Port board and asking for some advice on Cameron O'Shea last year as all I could find was the info in the prospectus. You dismissed him as not being a regular, without giving any reason. He played 18 games :eek:

I would think Pfeiffer would be a lock to be the upgraded Port rookie, and let's face it, he's not playing for Collingwood. The kids need experienced players to take the weight off their shoulders. Having been drafted by Adelaide, and then actually playing when traded to Carlton, a more mature 24 year old Pfeiffer should play majority of the season barring injury.

no offence but getting a game for port isnt to hard to be honest

especially for a 24 year old drafted for a reason

No doubt Pfeiffer will get a game at some stage, as will probably 50+ other rookies who will ultimately bear little relevance to DT. I wouldn't read too much "reason" into picking up Pfeiffer in the rookie draft of a very shallow pool.

Just because someone might be a decent chance of getting a game at some point through the year hardly makes them a great starting pick.

No doubt Pfeiffer will get a game at some stage, as will probably 50+ other rookies who will ultimately bear little relevance to DT. I wouldn't read too much "reason" into picking up Pfeiffer in the rookie draft of a very shallow pool.

Just because someone might be a decent chance of getting a game at some point through the year hardly makes them a great starting pick.

:thumbsu: Spot on. Maybe he will get upgraded before Rd 1 and maybe he gets selected in the Rd 1 team - happy days. However, let's be honest - we all get a little over-excited by a mature age rookie due to the Barlow factor. The reality is clubs are filling their rookie lists with more and more mature ages because they are much better cover for LTI. It's great when they get upgraded and even better if they hold their spot but you can't assume it'll play out that way every time. At the end of the day, it's same rule for all fringe players - do your homework.

Pfeiffer, at this stage, isn't close to our 22. He isn't even guaranteed the upgrade like some are thinking. Irons FTW.

Because their are a few port fans of late and without knowing your team or having a look too closely now that Lobbe is injured you have Renouf, but who will be the back up ruck/2nd ruck whether they play or not? I know you guys have players like Redden, Curnow, Westhoff ect.

why is noone giving okeefe any love? has always scored well in the past and improved his average last year... also can use him with the captain loophole... is looking relatively unique at this stage

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Prototype Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back