2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Mitta have started there mid season spend a little earlier then usual, Nick Fraser back form the upper Murray to fill the big hole they have in the big man department,obviously he would be playing for nothing as we all know they dont pay anyone up there

Very true Danieljohns, he wouldn be getting a cent, considering he has played the last 3 yrs with them and wasn't getting paid.

Looking at this weeks round of matches, I think the results will go as follows:

Barnawartha vs Beechworth An interesting matchup but think the Tigers can get over the Buchrangers.
Chiltern vs Rutherglen The Swans to bounce back with a solid wi over the Cats.
Wodinga Saints vs Mitta United Can't see the Saints getting too close to the Mountain Men in this one.
Dederang Mt Beauty vs Kiewa Sandy Creek Match of the Round. The Hawks to edge out the Bombers.
Thurgoona vs Tallangatta Not looking good for the Grasshoppers and expect the Bulldogs to take a big bite.
Yackandandah vs Wahgunyah Could be a lot tighter than many expect but in the end a win for the Kangaroos over the Lions.

Even this early, the ladder is starting to take shape if the results go as expected.

Looking at this weeks round of matches, I think the results will go as follows:

Barnawartha vs Beechworth An interesting matchup but think the Tigers can get over the Buchrangers.
Chiltern vs Rutherglen The Swans to bounce back with a solid wi over the Cats.
Wodinga Saints vs Mitta United Can't see the Saints getting too close to the Mountain Men in this one.
Dederang Mt Beauty vs Kiewa Sandy Creek Match of the Round. The Hawks to edge out the Bombers.
Thurgoona vs Tallangatta Not looking good for the Grasshoppers and expect the Bulldogs to take a big bite.
Yackandandah vs Wahgunyah Could be a lot tighter than many expect but in the end a win for the Kangaroos over the Lions.

Even this early, the ladder is starting to take shape if the results go as expected.

A few upsets on the weekend! Is dederang a genuine threat this season or did they take advantage of kiewa's injuries? Wahgunyah knocking off yack, have the roo boys been overrated or has everyone written wahgunyah off? Was anyone at these games on the weekend? I'd like to hear how the games were played and other personal views on the teams

A few upsets on the weekend! Is dederang a genuine threat this season or did they take advantage of kiewa's injuries? Wahgunyah knocking off yack, have the roo boys been overrated or has everyone written wahgunyah off? Was anyone at these games on the weekend? I'd like to hear how the games were played and other personal views on the teams
Kiewa had from all reports up to 10 blokes unavailable and injured for this weekend, i would not be hanging them out to dry just yet, dederang played well but Kiewa are still the team to beat for me, rate them above Thurgoona.
Yack have no depth and the injury to powell has cost them another marking option up forward and around the ground, if castles goes down they will be fighting it out with tallangatta,
Mitta V Thurgoona on the weekend will be a good game although i dont think Mitta have the stocks this year, mitta didnt beat the saints by as much as what the dogs did, dont think you can take much away from that i know but you can use it as a gauge,
the Interleague squad that has been nominated will get a hiding from the hume league i reckon, hume league is pretty star studded with the Tallangatta looking a bit light on for star power.

Kiewa had from all reports up to 10 blokes unavailable and injured for this weekend, i would not be hanging them out to dry just yet, dederang played well but Kiewa are still the team to beat for me, rate them above Thurgoona.
Yack have no depth and the injury to powell has cost them another marking option up forward and around the ground, if castles goes down they will be fighting it out with tallangatta,
Mitta V Thurgoona on the weekend will be a good game although i dont think Mitta have the stocks this year, mitta didnt beat the saints by as much as what the dogs did, dont think you can take much away from that i know but you can use it as a gauge,
the Interleague squad that has been nominated will get a hiding from the hume league i reckon, hume league is pretty star studded with the Tallangatta looking a bit light on for star power.

Kiewa get beat by Mitta they have 10 out Kiewa get beat by Dederang they have 10 out not sure what is happening at Kiewa but every time they loose the same excuse gets trotted out, i know they have a few out but most clubs do, Rhodes and Cameron are two that come to mind not sure who the other 8 would be from the weekend, by all reports the bombers played well and deserved there win , but i do agree Jimmy the hawks will be there later in the season but sometimes are going to be beaten by a better side on the DAY

Where can we find the interleague side? A lot of rutherglen players and spectators are very unhappy with the Chiltern coach after the weekends game, Durbridge could find himself sitting on the sidelines for a few weeks in the rutherglen president decides to put a complaint through to the league... Racism doesn't have a place in sport and he should know better!

Where can we find the interleague side? A lot of rutherglen players and spectators are very unhappy with the Chiltern coach after the weekends game, Durbridge could find himself sitting on the sidelines for a few weeks in the rutherglen president decides to put a complaint through to the league... Racism doesn't have a place in sport and he should know better!

Squad was in the Footy Record on Saturday, if you spent your $2 to read 48 pages of ads and 2 pages of information you would know that.:D
Saints: Matty Jeansch, Drew Cameron, Jaydon Holt, Peter Cochrane,
Hoppers: Tyson Smith, Curtis Mollison, Kaine Parsons, Richard Spink, Darcy Carroll, Johnathon Morris,
Hawks: Wylie Jackson, Ben Sanday, Tim Hallinan, Jye Shields, Kayne Turner, Marc Lewis, Julian Day,
Dogs: Lucas Mellier, Daniel Kannenberg, Matthew Bain, Todd Miller, Mark Haydon,
Bushies: Brenton Surrey, Cade McDonald, Nicholas Dillon,
Roos: Trent Castles, Liam Clayton, Lachlan Maslen, Tim Pierpoint,
Lions: Terence Jones, Adam McLaughlin, Ashley Saunders, Jayme Hicks, Damian Kerlin,
Bombers: Elliot Powell, Dale Goonan, Nick Mitas, Andrew Hill,
Tigers: Peter Cook, Nathan McKendrick, George Atkins, James O'Keefe, Daniel Ladgrove, Josh Spence, Matt Ladgrove,
Swans: Brian Durbridge, Kirk Wilson, Wayne Shannon, Jaise Coleman,
Blues: Nathan Reynoldson, Jeffery Cox, Alexander Beggs, Daniel Stewart, Brenton Olsen, Jarrod Gorupic,
Cats: Ian Kay, Lindsay Seymour.

A lot of rutherglen players and spectators are very unhappy with the Chiltern coach after the weekends game, Durbridge could find himself sitting on the sidelines for a few weeks in the rutherglen president decides to put a complaint through to the league... Racism doesn't have a place in sport and he should know better!

Care to elaborate?

Hate to see what any half decent forward let alone a good one would do to Haydon at full back. Surely a better candidate around and he would be ruck back up if there wasn't anyone else.

My bad.Have been reliably informed that he has played key back all year and done very well.Unusual for a career Ruckman to do that so kudos to him.In regards to the ruck with Way taking the number 1 role at the dogs I would have thought the Interleague back up ruckman would be a starting ruckman from one of the other clubs was the point I intended to make.Uneducated comments as pointed out so I stand corrected.
Joel Smith might have to pack his thermals this week up the mountain.Interesting to see how he goes as he was still a very good player at O&M level last year.

Great work from the Border Mail this week.

ATTENTION: Jake Bourke / Chris Mitchell - Rutherglen DO NOT play Milawa this weekend so don't send a reporter to that blockbuster.

The Tallangatta & District is still to my knowledge named the Tallangatta & District and not the Ovens & King.

Surely the Tallangatta & District League is more worthy of a write up then the rubbish displayed today?

Mitta v Thurgoona - Joel Smith's appearance is surely more of a story then a bloke's knee disease 10 years ago?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the go with the Interleague team 60 in the squad only 18 at training we are going to get pumped perhaps we should call it off or make it an under 22 side if the senior players arent interested

Mitta United vs Thurgoona - Game of the Round and finals preview. Can't fault the Bulldogs so far and expect them to be a bit too good for the Mountain Men.
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Chiltern - The Hawks need to bounce back from last week but fancy the Swans can handle the pressure and win again.
Rutherglen vs Wodonga Saints - Would love to see the Saints get across the line but have to go for the Cats on recent form.
Tallangatta vs Barnawartha - Another tough one for the Grasshoppers who will be looking to limit the damage against the Tigers.
Wahgunyah vs Beechworth - The Lions surprised a few (not me) with a gutsy win last week and should continue that form against the Bushrangers.
Yackandandah vs Dederang Mt Beauty - The Bombers showed some great form last week and should be able to get over the Kangaroos who face two losses on the trot.

More news on the Chiltern coach from last weekend, Apparently spat three times on a Kiewa player but not seen by the umpires. The two umpires were advised but can't report unless seen doing the act.

More news on the Chiltern coach from last weekend, Apparently spat three times on a Kiewa player but not seen by the umpires. The two umpires were advised but can't report unless seen doing the act.

If this is really the case looks like the coach might be a bit loose and he needs to set a good example as they already have a few thay can get carried away, they dont want to throw away what has been a great start for the club

Care to elaborate?

Obviously not!!!!!!

What are the thoughts on the season so far?

Log jam at the top of the table with Thurgoona out in front as expected. A few questions, are the swans the real deal? Will Yack find some consistancy and be a top 5 contender? Has Terry Burgess started off on the right track and are the saints starting to slowly but surely rebuild? Have Tallangatta made the right appointment as coach?

Obviously not!!!!!!

Log jam at the top of the table with Thurgoona out in front as expected. A few questions, are the swans the real deal? Will Yack find some consistancy and be a top 5 contender? Has Terry Burgess started off on the right track and are the saints starting to slowly but surely rebuild? Have Tallangatta made the right appointment as coach?

How about you put something on here remotely interesting instead of asking questions all the time. This forum is getting rather boring. Even liked it more when the Thurgoona toss' were on here talking themselves up!

How about you put something on here remotely interesting instead of asking questions all the time. This forum is getting rather boring. Even liked it more when the Thurgoona toss' were on here talking themselves up!

Obviously you didn't have any intelligent answers to respond with............ Just goes to show with your user name!!!!!!!

Someone should bring back Jack54 to bring some wit and intelligence back to the thread.

Obviously not!!!!!!

I think thurgoona are clearly feeling the hurt from last years grand final, and are obviously doing their best to make sure that doesn't happen again! They will be hard to beat in the finals now they all have some finals experience. The saints have such strong potential being located in Wodonga and once their reputation gets better they should be a dominate side. Much like thurgoona look what's happened to them after straightening them selves out. Don't know about yak, and from what I've heard tallangatta may not have made the right choice, a few local players not looked after and others leaving not being coach related has hurt the club, but maybe they made the best choice with what they had.

League is investigating by all reports

Wahgunyah vs DMB could be an interesting game this weekend with Wahgunyah beating Yack a fortnight ago and DMB losing to Yack last week. Although the Lions had a bad loss to Beechworth last weekend and suffered a few injuries with Mclaughlan, R. Deas and Smith all being injured and unlikely to play this week. both teams need to bounce back with a win and expect it to be a hard fought clash. Mitta vs Barny could also be an interesting clash but i would expect Mitta to come out on top. they would be taking a bit of confidence from last week knowing they arent far off from matching it with thurgoona. Bit more fitness and possibly could be a big threat to Thurgoona? i would expect Thurgoona to stomp the Cats back down this week after their first win against the Saints last week.

Any news come out about Chilterns coach??

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back