2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Finances???
Are the police involved? Am assuming it's a substantial amount if players are walking out...
It's hard enough to raise money as it is let alone have it go missing if this is the case.... Any more whispers on recruiting? Word has it Chiltern have signed an O & M ruckman to go with Mat Nichol and Jay Dale. Mitta started training last week with a few new faces but not a lot.... Any news from Kiewa? How are the Yack recruits going?

What a shame.................;)

Not sure about your mail on the committee however their are some issues at that level in the club relating to finances, as for the 12 players walking out that might be exagerated as well. (Lets hope not)

Have heard though - King has gone to a club in the ACT and Kerlin (Nathan) may be following him there. Other senior players within the club looking to jump ship as well.

A lot of bad mail down this way about the mighty Lions.

Don't ask me to elaborate - because I dont care. Having a lot of fun sitting back and watching them implode.

What a shame..............;)

Finances???
Are the police involved? Am assuming it's a substantial amount if players are walking out...
It's hard enough to raise money as it is let alone have it go missing if this is the case.... Any more whispers on recruiting? Word has it Chiltern have signed an O & M ruckman to go with Mat Nichol and Jay Dale. Mitta started training last week with a few new faces but not a lot.... Any news from Kiewa? How are the Yack recruits going?

G Pendergast back to Mitta and Frazer and Mcevoy leaving Mitta to Federals in the Upper Murray, Yack has problems as 2 of their new recruits are still contracted to Jindera, Did Chiltern sign ruckman from Raiders???? Not long to go now and the season will kick off

G Pendergast back to Mitta and Frazer and Mcevoy leaving Mitta to Federals in the Upper Murray, Yack has problems as 2 of their new recruits are still contracted to Jindera, Did Chiltern sign ruckman from Raiders???? Not long to go now and the season will kick off

The ruckman is from Albury I believe.
Not a good move by the jindera boys if they are still contracted. What is happening at Thurgoona? Have heard that Donnan and Kannenberg have both pulled the pin and not returning. Heard they had also spent huge dollars last year to finish runners up... Are they recruiting this year? Any other news on what's happening at Wahgunyah???

The ruckman is from Albury I believe.
Not a good move by the jindera boys if they are still contracted. What is happening at Thurgoona? Have heard that Donnan and Kannenberg have both pulled the pin and not returning. Heard they had also spent huge dollars last year to finish runners up... Are they recruiting this year? Any other news on what's happening at Wahgunyah???

Have heard Thurgoona spent 120K last year to finish 2nd- Nobody remembers who came 2nd boys. Until Thurgoona get some club atmosphere and play like a team rather than for themselves I can’t see them winning a flag. Who is the ruckman from Albury?

What's going on at the lion's den? Sacked the committee and 12 players have walked out is what I've heard. Apparantly all over missing money. Any truth fella's?
first of all, 12 players is way over the top, and the ones that have left have not left over the money, king and nathan kerlin are gone along with 3 or 4 others, but the lions will find some young talent and rebuild, they have a lot of talent in the U17s and also blokes that have been fringe players in th 1s that will step up this year. The lions are in good hands, they have also recruited well to make up for the losses and are still talking to a few.

gee theres some shit talkers around

What a shame.................;)

Not sure about your mail on the committee however their are some issues at that level in the club relating to finances, as for the 12 players walking out that might be exagerated as well. (Lets hope not)

Have heard though - King has gone to a club in the ACT and Kerlin (Nathan) may be following him there. Other senior players within the club looking to jump ship as well.

A lot of bad mail down this way about the mighty Lions.

Don't ask me to elaborate - because I dont care. Having a lot of fun sitting back and watching them implode.

What a shame..............;)

cant wait for RD 1 so we can put you pussycats in ya rightful place mate

Tick, Tick, Tick Kaaaaaaaaaboom!!!!! (implosion time)

well from what ive seen Wahgunyah are going quite well down on the track. Word is they have picked up a couple of players to fill in the gap from Kerlin and King. I wouldnt get to confident as they do have a solid core group of players that are working harder then ever to impress the new coach. And the fringe players from last year seem to have put in a lot more work over the break as well. Still a while until round 1!

well from what ive seen Wahgunyah are going quite well down on the track. Word is they have picked up a couple of players to fill in the gap from Kerlin and King. I wouldnt get to confident as they do have a solid core group of players that are working harder then ever to impress the new coach. And the fringe players from last year seem to have put in a lot more work over the break as well. Still a while until round 1!
What about Pierri?He is currently overseas.Things went pearshaped on the ground in the last few weeks of the year and wern't great all year off it in regards to his mix with the club.Yackandandah have been linked-he and Castles would be formidable.Also heard Darcy Judd too Thurgoona.Good pick up.

What about Pierri?He is currently overseas.Things went pearshaped on the ground in the last few weeks of the year and wern't great all year off it in regards to his mix with the club.Yackandandah have been linked-he and Castles would be formidable.Also heard Darcy Judd too Thurgoona.Good pick up.[/q
Isn't Darcy Judd getting a knee reaco, also heard his name going Jindera's way

What about Pierri?He is currently overseas.Things went pearshaped on the ground in the last few weeks of the year and wern't great all year off it in regards to his mix with the club.Yackandandah have been linked-he and Castles would be formidable.Also heard Darcy Judd too Thurgoona.Good pick up.[/q
Isn't Darcy Judd getting a knee reaco, also heard his name going Jindera's way

What i heard today Jindera have quite a few too un-leash at the Kennel.
Castles will be good for Yack, Wodonga saints are bound to improve and that's a bonus for the whole league..???:footy::footy::footy:

we'll just wait and see mr puss puss, and your on the money tigerattack, lions to be strong again in 2012

Sounds like the Round 1 clash between the Cats & Lions will have a bit of extra feeling in it. Might go for a look. I see the Cats have lost a couple more handy players in Quick & Fulton. Mitch Barton gone from Mitta also. Have either of these teams picked up any recruits ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like the Round 1 clash between the Cats & Lions will have a bit of extra feeling in it. Might go for a look. I see the Cats have lost a couple more handy players in Quick & Fulton. Mitch Barton gone from Mitta also. Have either of these teams picked up any recruits ?

Have heard nothing recruiting wise from Rutherglen and apparently they only started training on Wednesday???? if this is true I think they will be underdone to face the lions in round 1:thumbsdown:

Personally I hope both teams go hard and have a brawling encounter;)

Also heard Pierri was linked to Murray Magpies and that Robo will be playing on with the lions, but who knows.

Have heard nothing recruiting wise from Rutherglen and apparently they only started training on Wednesday???? if this is true I think they will be underdone to face the lions in round 1:thumbsdown:

Personally I hope both teams go hard and have a brawling encounter;)

Also heard Pierri was linked to Murray Magpies and that Robo will be playing on with the lions, but who knows.

Rutherglen is going to be in for a long year without having the calibre of players in Chamberlain,Fulton,Fiedler,O'Keefe,the Quick brothers,Johnstone and only having the services of Glossop for half the season will definitely hurt the Cats! As for Wahgunyah there is a lot of talk of their better players not playing but they have picked up a few from tungamah and a few players who didn't play last yr are back at the club but I expect them to fall Down the ladder also..As for the swannies it's going to be a better year for them with the recruits they have picked up,I see them pushing the Thurgoona's and Barnawathas

Rutherglen is going to be in for a long year without having the calibre of players in Chamberlain,Fulton,Fiedler,O'Keefe,the Quick brothers,Johnstone and only having the services of Glossop for half the season will definitely hurt the Cats! As for Wahgunyah there is a lot of talk of their better players not playing but they have picked up a few from tungamah and a few players who didn't play last yr are back at the club but I expect them to fall Down the ladder also..As for the swannies it's going to be a better year for them with the recruits they have picked up,I see them pushing the Thurgoona's and Barnawathas

Guys is their any talks in the Tallangatta league of any 2 clubs playing footy on friday nights, Sunday,top of the table clashes, ANZAC day or Easter like Jindera and Howlong?

I think it is great to be able to go watch footy on different days the weekend from different leagues too, the North East football Association should encourage more clubs to follow like Howlong & Jindera :footy::footy::footy:

Have heard Thurgoona spent 120K last year to finish 2nd- Nobody remembers who came 2nd boys. Until Thurgoona get some club atmosphere and play like a team rather than for themselves I can’t see them winning a flag. Who is the ruckman from Albury?

mnbvcxz, ( a bit of work went into that name) your right nobody remembers who but to read your post saying they spent 120k last season is embarrasing on your behalf, your post man is a w***er or your a shit stirrer, half or less would be closer to the mark, there is more atmosphere at that club than most.
as for the tigers they have recruited well and will be a easy top 5 side along with barny, kiewa, thurgoona, beechworth.
heard the bushies are recruiting well and are quietly going along there way,

this is an interesting site to read but #@&% some of you talk shit on here.

mnbvcxz, ( a bit of work went into that name) your right nobody remembers who but to read your post saying they spent 120k last season is embarrasing on your behalf, your post man is a w***er or your a shit stirrer, half or less would be closer to the mark, there is more atmosphere at that club than most.
as for the tigers they have recruited well and will be a easy top 5 side along with barny, kiewa, thurgoona, beechworth.
heard the bushies are recruiting well and are quietly going along there way,

this is an interesting site to read but #@&% some of you talk shit on here.
regarding the last line, F***** OATH!

I see Rutherglen are playing hard ball with Quick & Fulton, denying their clearances very quickly. Beaumont (Thurgoona) and Riddington (Tallangatta) have also lodged clearances to North Albury and will both be bad losses for these sides. Yack losing Ethan Roberts and Tallangatta's Jack Russell off to Wodonga as reported. Barton a big loss for Mitta, top 3 on their list.

I see Rutherglen are playing hard ball with Quick & Fulton, denying their clearances very quickly.

Whats this? pretty contreversal from you AP. I usually look forward to your posts as you "often" post something worth reading.

Hard ball - dont thinks so more like due process, both guys have offerred great service and I would be supprised if their clearances would be knocked back. As anal as it might sound its probally more like getting a jumper back or something else along those line. I have no doubts that there would be nothing sinister in it.

A couple of more than handy players gone though - will be hard to replace.

Have the clearance's started going online yet? It would be good to see who's actually going leaving and going wherever.:confused:

Hahahahaha you remembered we came second knob jockey!!!!!

Have had a look at Mitta training over the last couple of weeks as they train in town, look like good numbers but certainly not doing it to hard no real running sessions, maybe the old blokes they have still playing have had a word to Packer to take it easy

Have had a look at Mitta training over the last couple of weeks as they train in town, look like good numbers but certainly not doing it to hard no real running sessions, maybe the old blokes they have still playing have had a word to Packer to take it easy

DJ i have seen a few Mitta runs also in Wodonga, and Packer just easing the boys in, he will have them cherry ripe by round 9 like most Mitta teams of years gone by, im sure they are doing more than just in wodonga aswell. still 6-7 weeks to round 1 they will be handy again.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back