Teams 2013 Rate my Dream Team

Remove this Banner Ad

good team but id take some cash out of one of your premium mids and upgrade a rookie back

premo mids are extremely difficult to upgrade towards, i think the like of swan and abblet will linger around the 580- 600 mark for the whole year, going from a rookie to a swan abblet beam boyd requires alot of money to be made by the rookies, which sometimes doesn't occur. so when i upgrade my midfield i will look for falling premiums or guys around the 480k mark, as its difficult to get the top 8 scoring mids

where as the premo defenders are a bit easier to upgrade towards as they will be cheaper because they will not average as much as the premo mids

Yeah with 44 trades, i thought i would take a few risks
If waters plays out the whole season he is capable of averaging between 92-95 (top echelon for defender)

Whilst i technically have 5 rookies, they are not all first year 18 yr old ones

Goodes - there is 1 spot left on dogs senior list, if he gets upgraded, then thats a pretty good indication that he will be given chances early on

pittard - 4th yr in the system, highly rated at port and in their best 22

stevenson - spent a few years in the system, and i assume brought in by the new coach, as he has a role for him (will watch nab cup)

docherty - again top 12 pick from two years ago, highly rated at the lions, drummund retiring opens up a spot for him in the backline

terlich - mature ager in the national draft (so senior list), why waste a pick in the ND on a mature ager if you dont intend to give him a chance early on

Good luck this year mate, hope you can back up a terrific year last year. Sensational effort.

Thought I might see Kieren Jack sneak into your mids though!

premo mids are extremely difficult to upgrade towards, i think the like of swan and abblet will linger around the 580- 600 mark for the whole year, going from a rookie to a swan abblet beam boyd requires alot of money to be made by the rookies, which sometimes doesn't occur. so when i upgrade my midfield i will look for falling premiums or guys around the 480k mark, as its difficult to get the top 8 scoring mids

where as the premo defenders are a bit easier to upgrade towards as they will be cheaper because they will not average as much as the premo mids
Fair enough. Valid reasons

Gonna post my team because its so early and not many user on yet im not too fussed side will change a million times before start of season.

Backs: Gibbs, Hanley, Hartlett, Atley (not who im picking but around that price mark), Pittard, Stevenson (Terlich, Goodes)

Mids: Cotchin, Pendlebury, Barlow, ROK, Mundy, Swallow, Wines, Viney, (Crouch, Omeara)

Rucks: Sandilands, Leunenberger (Daw, Mcbean)

Forwards: Cox, SJ, Rockliff, D.Martin, Sylvia, Staker (Lee, T.Sumner)

A few players changed because of the rules i had a different ruck setup, i liked Heppell and Christensen before and had them in my team.

Gonna post my team because its so early and not many user on yet im not too fussed side will change a million times before start of season.

Backs: Gibbs, Hanley, Hartlett, Atley (not who im picking but around that price mark), Pittard, Stevenson (Terlich, Goodes)

Mids: Cotchin, Pendlebury, Barlow, ROK, Mundy, Swallow, Wines, Viney, (Crouch, Omeara)

A few players changed because of the rules i had a different ruck setup, i liked Heppell and Christensen before and had them in my team.

Pretty good side, some good unique picks in their too.

Mids look solid....not sure on having both Barlow and Mundy...see how they go in the pre-season i guess. I am looking at one of them, but won't be picking both.

PS. Hurry up Feb 1st so i can begin making my team :p.

Pretty good side, some good unique picks in their too.

Mids look solid....not sure on having both Barlow and Mundy...see how they go in the pre-season i guess. I am looking at one of them, but won't be picking both.

PS. Hurry up Feb 1st so i can begin making my team :p.

Why wouldnt you pick both. Mundy is basically a lock for me. Barlow is my POD that i do question the most gopower but from memory he avg very well after some early sub games.

Fremantle dont have the easiest draw but for me both are keepers unless of injury.

Good luck this year mate, hope you can back up a terrific year last year. Sensational effort.

Thought I might see Kieren Jack sneak into your mids though!

Thanks mate
Jack is at an awkward price only see him improving he's avg by 2 points (100 avg) so thought i would pass

plus i dont like having swans players in my team, it hinders my enjoyment when watching and cheering the swans, luckily for me swans players have been pretty irrelevant in dt for the past 5yrs

Love the sandilands pick (esp with new rules) injury free can easily avg 98-100

If thomas doesnt play any NAB matches, then i might switch cox to forwards and sandi as first ruck

Just to add to the conversation, here is my current team;

Goddard, Grimes, Gibbs, Waters, Duffield, Goodes (Stevenson, Docherty)
Swan, GAJ, Murphy, O'Keefe, Masten, O'Meara, Crouch, Viney (Colquhoun, Kerridge)
HMac, Luey (Rowe)
Cox, Thomas, Rocky, LeCras, Staker, Lamb (Lee, Kennedy)

A few POD's in there but can take a few more risks with the trades this year.

My team:

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, H. Hartlett, G. Broughton, J. Pittard, L. Stevenson, D. Terlich, S. Docherty
MID: G. Ablett Jnr, T. Cotchin, S. Pendlebury, M. Murphy, D. Mundy, O. Wines, B. Goodes, J. O'Maera, B. Crouch, J. Viney
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger, M. Daw, D. Currie
FWD: S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, M. Robinson, D. Martin, C. Sylvia, T. Menzel, B. Staker, B. Dick
5k left over.

I'm not really happy with Docherty, but Brett Goodes can go in midfield or defence, so I'm waiting for any 108k midfielder or defender to emerge in the pre-season as being worthy of my side.

Same defence premiums as mine, lovin it
Love your midfield quad, i can see them being 4 of the top 6/7 scorers this season
Have you gone Daw/Currie on the thought that at least one of them would likely get a gig if Goldstein is out?
S. Johnson is a bully against lower teams and scores piss weak against decent teams, he has a tough start early on, change him forPavlich, Franklin or Thomas or Zorko etc maybe
Martin has been "coming" for years, maybe this will be the one, but im not game enough to choose him from round 1, will be an upgrade target for me

8/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to add to the conversation, here is my current team;

Goddard, Grimes, Gibbs, Waters, Duffield, Goodes (Stevenson, Docherty)
Swan, GAJ, Murphy, O'Keefe, Masten, O'Meara, Crouch, Viney (Colquhoun, Kerridge)
HMac, Luey (Rowe)
Cox, Thomas, Rocky, LeCras, Staker, Lamb (Lee, Kennedy)

A few POD's in there but can take a few more risks with the trades this year.
Stacked defence, seems safe at this stage the DEF rookies are the most dubious (besides fwd rookies :p)
I like the O'keefe pick, Sydney have an easy start, hes by no means a flat track bully but i think it should be an enviroment for him to rise in price at least and churn out a few scores
Masten?? Competeing for midfield time with Priddis, Kerr, Shuey, Selwood from a M5 you'd be wanting at least 90ppg which i cant see Masten averaging
I think there are better options than these two available, (i thought kerridge was going to get games last year, never did) Wines, Lonergan Mayes would be better choices, just my opinion though
LeCras? Is he worth it at 355?? He hasnt averaged higher than 80 odd in the past, i can see him averaging around 80 which would make him a few dollars but hes in this weird position where he wont score enogh to keep and he wont make enough money to be used as a cash cow, Josh Kennedy at 272 could be a safer bet

6.5/10

Not sure where this so called tough start Geelong have has come from. People do know Carlton are now a shit side. In there first 11 games they basically play only 3 top 8 sides. Pretty easy start if there ever was one. Sydney and Hawks in the first 4 weeks, but they also have North, carlton, dogs and tigers around the same time.

And his supposed 'easy games' against Port and the Gold Coast in Rounds 9 and 10 will most likely be against Tom Jonas (Port) and Greg Broughton (GC), both of whom have good records against Johnson. Picking a player based on their fixture is more than just going 'good team = bad scoring, bad team = good scoring'.

And his supposed 'easy games' against Port and the Gold Coast in Rounds 9 and 10 will most likely be against Tom Jonas (Port) and Greg Broughton (GC), both of whom have good records against Johnson. Picking a player based on their fixture is more than just going 'good team = bad scoring, bad team = good scoring'.

Yeah your quite right think i said something not long ago like this eg: i wouldnt want my player coming up against Raines early on + Crowley + Sydney for example.

SJ scored very big against Hawks, Sydney, West Coast and Collingwood (all top 4 teams late in the year) pretty much puts to rest he cant score against good oppo.

Stevie Johnson 2012 - Average 97.38

Round 1 vs Freo 68
Round 2 vs Hawthorn 101
Round 3 vs North Melb 60
Round 4 vs Richmond 92
Round 5 vs Brisbane 81
Round 6 vs Melbourne 163
Round 7 vs Adelaide 99
Round 8 vs Collingwood 95
Round 9 vs Bulldogs 148
Round 10 vs GWS 146
Round 11 vs Carlton 60
Round 13 vs Sydney 86
Round 14 vs Port Adelaide 79
Round 16 vs Collingwood 137
Round 17 vs Essendon 107
Round 18 vs Adelaide 1 (injured)
Round 19 vs Hawthorn 113
Round 20 vs West Coast 134
Round 21 vs St Kilda 98
Round 22 vs Bulldogs 78
Round 23 vs Sydney 99

Games around his average Rounds 2,4,7,8,13,17,19,21,23
Games well below average Rounds 1,3,5,11,14,22 (Freo, North, Bris, Carlton, Port,Bulldogs)
Games well above his average Rounds 6,9,10,16,20 (Melbourne, Bulldogs, GWS, Collingwood, West Coast)

Its not that he's bad against good teams and good against bad teams
But his 3 biggest scores did come against 3 of the worst 4 teams of the year

It's that he is a fairly inconsistent player, his avergae (and therefore his price) is determiend not by a standard ("he'll usually get you this many point per game score") but halfway between his brilliant games and his poor games.

You're paying extra for his ability to knock out those massive scores, which if he doesnt get, will mean his price goes down and it will cost you points
Im just saying, he's one of the mopst expensive players going round, a couple of those 60's that he's fond of scoring early on and his price will drop 40-60-80k and you can swoop on him from there.

Most players score well when they win and that tends to happen against the dogs, melb, GWS ect based on last year.

As soon as SJ became a midfielder in his last 6-7 games of the year like a starting onballer. He went below the score of 98 once. The thing that does worry me with him is him getting tagged now that hes a mid, he has much more hurt factor than say his counterpart Joel Selwood. Sj actually got tagged in his last 2 games scoring 78 and 99 from memory against dogs and swans. Selwood didnt play in one of those games and in the other game got the proper sydney tag in Jack. Just something else i am considering.

Also whether i go midpricers because picking the right midpricers might be really important early on than offloading at the right time.

Stacked defence, seems safe at this stage the DEF rookies are the most dubious (besides fwd rookies :p)
I like the O'keefe pick, Sydney have an easy start, hes by no means a flat track bully but i think it should be an enviroment for him to rise in price at least and churn out a few scores
Masten?? Competeing for midfield time with Priddis, Kerr, Shuey, Selwood from a M5 you'd be wanting at least 90ppg which i cant see Masten averaging
I think there are better options than these two available, (i thought kerridge was going to get games last year, never did) Wines, Lonergan Mayes would be better choices, just my opinion though
LeCras? Is he worth it at 355?? He hasnt averaged higher than 80 odd in the past, i can see him averaging around 80 which would make him a few dollars but hes in this weird position where he wont score enogh to keep and he wont make enough money to be used as a cash cow, Josh Kennedy at 272 could be a safer bet

6.5/10

If you read some fo the WC training reports Masten is the guy they are trying to get the ball into the hands of out of contested situations. A little speculative currently but I can see him pushing his avg. to 100-105 this year.

As for LeCras, a bit of a wait and see currently. Hasn't played in a fwd line with Darling, Kennedy and Hill before and reports suggest he could be pushing hiher up ther ground. What that will do for his score I'm not sure as yet but I can garuntee he will out score Kennedy by at least 10ppg avg over the season.

Anyone not looking at the fixture this year will be left miles behind. Has to be looked at in blocks, around 4 weeks IMO. But each to their own.

SJ will get more attention in the middle this year, interesting to see how he goes with it. The other string he has to his bow is pushing fwd if he gets a tagger who can't handle that. His starting draw's a mixed bag.

Hawks - Good game for him, won't get sat on and scores well
North - On paper looks OK, unaccountable midfield. Struggled last year with 60 but did play fwd
Carlton - Terrible game, his worst team historically.
Sydney - Tagged last year and struggled, expect the same

His draw after that is really good for the next block with WB, Tigers, Bombers and Pies. All look good games for him.

Anyone not looking at the fixture this year will be left miles behind. Has to be looked at in blocks, around 4 weeks IMO. But each to their own.

SJ will get more attention in the middle this year, interesting to see how he goes with it. The other string he has to his bow is pushing fwd if he gets a tagger who can't handle that. His starting draw's a mixed bag.

Hawks - Good game for him, won't get sat on and scores well
North - On paper looks OK, unaccountable midfield. Struggled last year with 60 but did play fwd
Carlton - Terrible game, his worst team historically.
Sydney - Tagged last year and struggled, expect the same

His draw after that is really good for the next block with WB, Tigers, Bombers and Pies. All look good games for him.
Good advice... its the same reason im looking at one or two more Sydney players to kick the season off

Haven taken into account the fixture of done much research as of yet, but just getting an idea of how far your money can go and will then start to narrow down my gun picks.

Rookies yet again will be picked almost exlusively off NAB form, coach interviews and draft pick - with a bit of thinking on my own behalf.

So far:

Goddard - Waters - Gibbs - Howard - Staker - Plowman...Vlaustin & Goodes

Swan - Ablett - S. Selwood - Mundy - D. Swallow - Whitfield - Toumpass - Wines...O'Meara & Couch

Sandilands - Lluenburger...Gorringe (R/F rookie)

Cox - Pavlich - Rockliff - Martin - Stringer - Daniher...Simpson & Kerringe

Money seems to go fairly far, backs again looking the hardest, at least last year we had Clarke, Lake, Dempsey etc harder to pick those 200-250k players.

Really like this team as it has 6 POD players in the starting 22 which I like, not sure I could ever go into Rd1 without one or both of Swan & Ablett though. 8/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2013 Rate my Dream Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back