Teams 2013 Rate my SuperCoach Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2ofkX

Only a week or two ago I had many questions about my team. Last week I vowed not to change it, but now I've obviously had to due to Boyd's injury, and Lee apparently not playing in round 1.

I changed my defensive structure from 4 premiums/4 rookies to 3/5 (thoughts on this structure?), as it lets me add another premium midfielder (Pendlebury), and it has more upside in terms of cash growth with defensive rookies as opposed to Moloney in my former line-up, and my midfield is scary. I've somehow managed to keep Maric in amomgst all the chopping and changing, which I'm happy about. And I haven't really changed much in my forward line, I am quite happy about it. The fact Lee is apparently not going to be named means I've brought in Spangher, because I've heard talks he is going to take Sucklings role, which is a naturally well-scoring role, as opposed to my other option, Macaffer, is isn't assured of a spot every week, and his role generally doesnt score as high as where Spangher wold play.

Locked and loaded.

Thoughts?
Looks good IMO.
3 0 5 defense is strong enough with this many good choice rookies.
Mids look good. Thompson, Kennedy, lids good pod's.
1 0 3 rucks has risk but cover fwd so ok.
Fwds good depth with 2 rookies looks fine.
Source on Lee not being named?

B) Goddard, Shaw H, Gibbs, Enright, Goodes, Vlastuin (Stevenson, Terlich)
M) Ablett, Swan, Cotchin, Thompson, Maloney, Stevens, O'Meara, Mitchell (Crouch, Viney)
R) Jacobs, Currie (Blicavs, Rowe)
F) Cox, Franklin, Bartel, Martin, Varcoe, MacCaffer (Spangher, Lee)

A couple of problems I see is that not having a Mid DPP to swap with a FWD, unsure on who to drop out of the MID line and who to bring in

Very unsure about Enright? Never had him before, would Broughton/Watts be a better option

Not sold on my Rucks, but think I am sticking with what I have

Please help!!!

Here's my team as it stands at the moment.

Not sure if I should make any last minute changes to it.

Would have liked two midpricers in my team like Suban and J.Kennedy (Eagles) but that would mean I would have had to downgrade Maric to Leuenburger.

B- Goddard, Gibbs, Vlastuin, Goodes, Pittard, Stevenson (Terlich, Colquhoun)

M - Ablett, Swan, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Wines, O'Meara, Viney (Mitchell, M.Jones)

R - Maric, Cox (Blicavs, Currie)

F - Franklin, Bartel, Rockliff, Martin, Karnezis, Macaffer (Spangher, Neade)

All constructive thoughts/criticisms on my team much appreciated!

I went the 2 premo backline aswell, I think it was the way to go this year. Like Maric, kinda wishing I went with him as my big 600k ruckman but that's hindsight for ya.

Brave man picking Martin but I can see why

Overall, I recon its pretty solid

I went the 2 premo backline aswell, I think it was the way to go this year. Like Maric, kinda wishing I went with him as my big 600k ruckman but that's hindsight for ya.

Brave man picking Martin but I can see why

Overall, I recon its pretty solid
Very solid!! I like the fact you have gone in top heavy in your rucks/mids and can updrade the lower DEF later on. Its a different approach that really could work

2ofkX

Only a week or two ago I had many questions about my team. Last week I vowed not to change it, but now I've obviously had to due to Boyd's injury, and Lee apparently not playing in round 1.

I changed my defensive structure from 4 premiums/4 rookies to 3/5 (thoughts on this structure?), as it lets me add another premium midfielder (Pendlebury), and it has more upside in terms of cash growth with defensive rookies as opposed to Moloney in my former line-up, and my midfield is scary. I've somehow managed to keep Maric in amomgst all the chopping and changing, which I'm happy about. And I haven't really changed much in my forward line, I am quite happy about it. The fact Lee is apparently not going to be named means I've brought in Spangher, because I've heard talks he is going to take Sucklings role, which is a naturally well-scoring role, as opposed to my other option, Macaffer, is isn't assured of a spot every week, and his role generally doesnt score as high as where Spangher wold play.

Locked and loaded.

Thoughts?
I like the team...looks good and Bartel must look even better now that stevie j has been sidelined. I actually have rioli in there ( I know huge risk but I think it may be cyrils year, you know that fifth year in afl is supposedly the break out year).
Curious where the info about spangher came from?? around the traps or was it reported/talked about somewhere?
good luck with your team

I like the look of your side Juddy.... Plenty of rookie defenders this year.
Pretty stock standard midfield.... I guess guns are guns though and they are all going to score you 120+ each week.
The area I struggled to pick was definitalty forwards.

My team (almost locked in)

B - Goddard, Shaw, Gibbs, J.Gibson, Vlastuin, Goodes (Stevenson, Terlich)
M - Swan, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Fyfe, K.Mitchell, O'Meara, Viney (Kommer, Hrovat)
R - Cox, Currie (Blicavs, Rowe)
F - Franklin, Bartel, Martin, Watts, Karnezis, Macaffer (Stringer, Neade)

Would love to hear peoples thoughts

Saw that just before, really stuffs me up tbh as Stevie was a lock. for 515 I'm not sure who else I really want, I don't rate many of the fwds this year. Maybe Goodes or NRoo with their early draws.

Jinxed myself :rolleyes:
I'm downgrading to Jetta (easy draw against GWS & Suns) then upgrading elsewhere (read: MIDS). As far as I can tell it means I make up the points in the mids and hopefully Jets tears GWS & GC a new one... Who is going to tag him from GWS/GC??

Pretty stock standard midfield.... I guess guns are guns though and they are all going to score you 120+ each week.

M - Swan, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Fyfe, K.Mitchell, O'Meara, Viney (Kommer, Hrovat)

Yeah I like it. Def is stock standard it seems. I love the Fyfe choice, in the long run that'll be a great pick IMO. Also have Watts as well. Hoping he can finally step up consistently. Apart form Martin, that is my fwd line atm too.

Thanks for the kind words mate re: my team. I'm pretty happy with my team overall. Would have loved a couple of more midpricers in there but you can't have them all. :)

I like your team too, it's pretty well balanced IMO.

No Ablett is a bit of a risk but you have Swan and Kennedy as good captain choices in the mids to make up for it.

Only real weakness I can see in your team is having a rookie ruck as ruck 2 with no mpp ruck support from the forward line should your rookie ruck 2 position backfire and Blicavs and Rowe get dropped while Currie isn't getting a game.. Huge risk there I reckon!

Yeah I like it. Def is stock standard it seems. I love the Fyfe choice, in the long run that'll be a great pick IMO. Also have Watts as well. Hoping he can finally step up consistently. Apart form Martin, that is my fwd line atm too.

Thanks mate. Yeah defence is pretty stock standard I guess but it was the easiest to pick IMO.
Fyfe is a gun... For his price I was very happy.
Watts will either be hit or miss IMO it will be interesting to see if he shows what alot of us are thinking he will.... Martin could backfire but for some reason I have a feeling he is in for a big one.

Thanks for the kind words mate re: my team. I'm pretty happy with my team overall. Would have loved a couple of more midpricers in there but you can't have them all. :)

I like your team too, it's pretty well balanced IMO.

No Ablett is a bit of a risk but you have Swan and Kennedy as good captain choices in the mids to make up for it.

Only real weakness I can see in your team is having a rookie ruck as ruck 2 with no mpp ruck support from the forward line should your rookie ruck 2 position backfire and Blicavs and Rowe get dropped while Currie isn't getting a game.. Huge risk there I reckon!

No probs, always interested in looking at other peoples teams....
Yeah there are some good mid pricers this year but its a struggle to fit them all in under the cap.

I feel the exact same way and nervous about it. I made the mistake of Cox as the ruckman instead of up forward. I tried to change it but was too late.
Definitaly cant afford to be getting donuts... The other option is a downgrade of Gibson in defence to a Pittard or something and upgrade Rowe (forward move) to Leuenberger.

What do you think?

No probs, always interested in looking at other peoples teams....
Yeah there are some good mid pricers this year but its a struggle to fit them all in under the cap.

I feel the exact same way and nervous about it. I made the mistake of Cox as the ruckman instead of up forward. I tried to change it but was too late.
Definitaly cant afford to be getting donuts... The other option is a downgrade of Gibson in defence to a Pittard or something and upgrade Rowe (forward move) to Leuenberger.

What do you think?

I've heard that the Burger probably won't be playing round 1 and it could be a few weeks after that till he actually does play.

You could always downgrade Gibson to Pittard and then upgrade Rowe to Longer from the Lions as a stop gap till Leuenburger comes back and then trade to him since they are close in price.

Alternatively you could grab Zac Smith from Gold Coast instead who could be a good cheapish ruck 2 choice plus he will pretty much have all the ruck to himself. Can only improve this year I reckon in his scores.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Capture-2_zpsb21b2ba5.png

Thoughts?

I like it alot. :thumbsu:

Only thing I'd change is Sipposs who I think won't be up to it this year sc scoring wise and maybe trade him out for Varcoe.

If you have more cash in the kitty then you could upgrade Varcoe to Dustin Martin.

Thats what I'd do. Varcoe instead of Siposs.

I've heard that the Burger probably won't be playing round 1 and it could be a few weeks after that till he actually does play.

You could always downgrade Gibson to Pittard and then upgrade Rowe to Longer from the Lions as a stop gap till Leuenburger comes back and then trade to him since they are close in price.

Alternatively you could grab Zac Smith from Gold Coast instead who could be a good cheapish ruck 2 choice plus he will pretty much have all the ruck to himself. Can only improve this year I reckon in his scores.

Was really considering Zac Smith to be honest. Thanks for the feedback.
Definitaly going to be some shuffling around tonight/tomorrow thats for sure.

Was really considering Zac Smith to be honest. Thanks for the feedback.
Definitaly going to be some shuffling around tonight/tomorrow thats for sure.

I think you should look at Roughead in the Forward Line so that you can switch Rowe & Roughy if Currie, Blicavs and Rowe all miss in the one week. Other than that, I like it. Well balanced.

SC SIDE.JPG

Would love some feedback?

I like it alot. :thumbsu:

Only thing I'd change is Sipposs who I think won't be up to it this year sc scoring wise and maybe trade him out for Varcoe.

If you have more cash in the kitty then you could upgrade Varcoe to Dustin Martin.

Thats what I'd do. Varcoe instead of Siposs.

Thanks for the reply, I just think that Siposs will score better than Varcoe for the first 6+ games of the year. I'm hoping Siposs can average 70-80 points and go around $400+ by round 6 to upgrade him to a premium. Nah only got $12,000 left to upgrade. What do you guys think of Callan Ward as a POD in the midfield?

I think you should look at Roughead in the Forward Line so that you can switch Rowe & Roughy if Currie, Blicavs and Rowe all miss in the one week. Other than that, I like it. Well balanced.

View attachment 14163

Would love some feedback?

I wouldn't have Birchall in my side because he is going to get a forward tag on him every week with Suckling being out for the rest of the year. I can see him averaging only 80-85 points for the season which isn't great for a player you pay $500+ from the start. Maybe go for Hamish Harlett from Port Adelaide or Piece Hanley from Brisbane instead. I can see both averaging 95-105 points this year.

I wouldn't have Birchall in my side because he is going to get a forward tag on him every week with Suckling being out for the rest of the year. I can see him averaging only 80-85 points for the season which isn't great for a player you pay $500+ from the start. Maybe go for Hamish Harlett from Port Adelaide or Piece Hanley from Brisbane instead. I can see both averaging 95-105 points this year.
I had Heath Shaw originally and also had Hartlett before a reshuffle today.. Would you switch Birchall to Shaw or those you've mentioned?

Is this team ok? Brutal honesty appreciated (league only)

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Taylor, Russell, Pittard (Stevenson, Terlich)

Mids: Swan, J.Selwood, Deledio, Robinson, Hannebery*, Wines, B.Goodes K.Mitchell (Omeara Viney)

Rucks: Cox, Jacobs, (Currie, Bilcavs)

Fwds: Bartel, Rockliff, Le Cras*, Kennedy, Karnezis, Mccaffer, (Stringer, Rowe)

111k bank
* le Cras trade to cloke
* poss trade of Hannebery to (D.Martin or M.Duncan)

Thanks for the reply, I just think that Siposs will score better than Varcoe for the first 6+ games of the year. I'm hoping Siposs can average 70-80 points and go around $400+ by round 6 to upgrade him to a premium. Nah only got $12,000 left to upgrade. What do you guys think of Callan Ward as a POD in the midfield?
Good choice. Ward is a premium every day of the week, easily the Giants' best player. Haven't forgiven him for ditching us though, so he will not be in my team :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back