Remove this Banner Ad

thewitness

Where are the following placed?

Disclosure - Help Me Lose My Mind
Disclosure - You And Me ( Original)
Duke Dumont - Need U (100%)
James Vincent McMorrow - Cavalier
Ta-ku - I Miss You

For anyone interested I've counted just over 20,000 votes. Unfortunately I can't give a full list because I stopped recording songs as soon as I realised they wouldnt challenge for the win. Also should note that this has come predominently, but not entirely, from instagram so there is probably a very strong bias in that regard.

The results of the top ten from this count:
1. Riptide
2. Do I Wanna Know?
3. Drop the Game
4. Covered in Chrome
5. Why'd you only call me when you're high?
6. Is This How You Feel?
7. Retrogade
8. Royals
9. Black Skinhead
10. Get Lucky

But worth noting that #1 & #2 are neck and neck - 546 vs 523 votes each in my count.

I'm not sure which of these two will get up but if I was a betting man my money would be with Arctic Monkeys.

Had Riptide, Royals and Get Lucky out of that list in my top 10.

My votes:

QOTSA - If I Had a Tail
Drake - Hold On We're Going Home
Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know
RAC - Let Go
Daft Punk - Lose Yourself To Dance
Busta Rhymes - Thank You
St Lucia - Elevate
Touch Sensitive - Pizza Guy
Jagwar Ma - Man I Need
Lord - Royals

I've learnt in previous years not to argue the counting system thewitness puts in...but geeze, that Violent Soho song being so high up the countdown seems weird. I didn't realise they had apparently gotten so popular!

I've learnt in previous years not to argue the counting system thewitness puts in...but geeze, that Violent Soho song being so high up the countdown seems weird. I didn't realise they had apparently gotten so popular!

Covered In Chrome was the most popular 90s revival song in a year that the 90s revival movement became even more popular. I wouldn't say its about the song being a great song, but more just people representing that scene as a whole with one song (if that makes sense)

Damn, that is a lot of data. I still think 'Do I wanna know?' will fall to number 4 behind royals, get lucky and riptide.

Instagrammers love the shit out of the arctic monkeys and kanye; they will all drop.

Hmm I would be very surprised if Do I wanna Know and Riptide don't make up the top two. I agree about the bias but the swing against it would have to be pretty big. thewitness what do you think? If you got the chance I'd also love to know where tigertown - 'What you came here for' sits on your list?

Hmm I would be very surprised if Do I wanna Know and Riptide don't make up the top two. I agree about the bias but the swing against it would have to be pretty big. thewitness what do you think? If you got the chance I'd also love to know where tigertown - 'What you came here for' sits on your list?

I agree that it would have to be a very big turn around for one of Arctic Monkeys or Vance Joy not to win. I wouldn't be certain that they will be #1 & #2, but I would be fairly confident that at least one of them will finish #1.
I'm getting 2 votes to every 1 vote for Do I Wanna Know? over Royals and Get Lucky.
Tigertown - What you came here for, I have at #310

I agree that it would have to be a very big turn around for one of Arctic Monkeys or Vance Joy not to win. I wouldn't be certain that they will be #1 & #2, but I would be fairly confident that at least one of them will finish #1.
I'm getting 2 votes to every 1 vote for Do I Wanna Know? over Royals and Get Lucky.
Tigertown - What you came here for, I have at #310

Same, I have Royals at 267 votes compared to 546, so the swing would have to be very very big - not impossible though obviously.

The witness can I get positions for:

RAC - Let go
Blink 182 - When I was young
Clubfeet - Everything you wanted

Good list.. Go the Monkeys

Votes:
Gesafelstien - Pursuit
Rufus - Take me
RAC - Let go
Blink 182 - When I was young
Grouplove - Ways to go
Touch Sensitive - Pizza guy
Cold war kids - Miracle mile
Andy Bull - Keep on Running
Cvrches - Recover
Clubfeet - Everything you wanted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a look back at some of my previous years counts. "Do I Wanna Know?" is getting a higher percentage of the votes than Angus & Julia Stone (Which I got wrong that year), Macklemore & Oasis. But a lower percentage than Mumford & Sons and obviously Gotye.

Wow, if Arctics win then I might hyperventilate! How good would it be for the "mainstream 3" songs at the top to be bumped off at the last minute. Let's go boys

I'm also getting a little too excited at this prospect!

Blink being so close to the 100 gives me hope

thewitness where are the following currently at?

John Butler Trio, Fatboy Slim, Pez, Dead Letter Circus, Calling All Cars, Cage the Elephant, Kings of Leon

Blink being so close to the 100 gives me hope

thewitness where are the following currently at?

John Butler Trio, Fatboy Slim, Pez, Dead Letter Circus, Calling All Cars, Cage the Elephant, Kings of Leon

John Butler Trio #118, Fatboy Slim #123, Pez #201, Dead Letter Circus #154, Calling All Cars #255, Cage the Elephant #95, Kings of Leon #103.
thewitness not sure if this has been asked yet but how many votes are between riptide and do i wana know??

I have the gap at 0.5% of the votes which is a quite large gap at the moment. But Hayden up there has them the other way round in his count from more votes.

Been lurking on this forum for a while (and thewitness has helped me win a few bets over the past few years) so thought I'd sign up and post my votes.

The Bennies - Highrider (my number 1)
Arcade Fire - Reflektor
Arcade Fire - Afterlife
Daft Punk - Get Lucky
The Smith Street Band - Ducks Fly Together
Stonefield - Put Your Curse On Me
Jagwa Ma - Man I Need
Blink 182 - When I Was Young
Dead Letter Circus - Lodestar
Matt Corby - Resolution

Also gotta say this year for me has been a lot better for music than last, loving that this countdown is so unpredictable!

http://warmest100.com.au/2013/
This is claiming to be "the web's most accurate prediction of Triple J's Hottest 100". 17 800 votes from 1779 voters from twitter and instagram.

10. Strong by London Grammar
9. Take Me by Rüfüs
8. Royals by Lorde
7. Retrograde by James Blake
6. Is This How You Feel? by The Preatures
5. Covered In Chrome by Violent Soho
4. Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? by Arctic Monkeys
3. Drop The Game by Flume and Chet Faker
2. Do I Wanna Know? by Arctic Monkeys
1. Riptide by Vance Joy

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 Triple J Hottest 100‏