2013 U16 Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

so ur captain and leadership group arent in your best five? so the missing best 5 who are they..ill be objective? ..mate there are 10 better players not in the 50 selected and i can name them

I know a bit about the VM squad as well and I'm curious to know the 10 players you believe should have made the 50.

not taking anything away from the SA team at all..thourghly deserved their devastating form but the players selected for vic metro are not tough in the clinches and most are outside players who rely on their skills other than their willingness to win the ball...this is supposed to be the top echolon of victorian footy....honestly the team is an embarressment to the system..more so an energy sapping , confidence excluded squad picked on favouritism and an who knows who system...with no malice or predjudice this side baffles me when it comes to the selection table and i stand by what i say...vic selectors you got it wrong from the leadership group down...prove me wrong----

sometimes i love playing reporter and i call it as i see it...

players in that side who never played rep footy or never selected in their div 1 of top teams of their clubs ,, i wont individalise but i will say i know every player in that side and maybe just maybe 5 deserve their spots...

This is a really obvious part of the footballing world and so many people just don't believe it. So much hype and bullshit in the system. It's all about your surname. Even if your dad played 150 games in a country league no one cares about, that status gives you a royal ride. Regardless of whether it's a direct or indirect thing, footy clubs are full of this shit.

That's why I believe the draft is just a load of hyperbole. It just feeds off fear and safe decision making.

The fact Paul Seedsman would never have played footy were it not for his Collingwood connections show you that. He doesn't look out of place at AFL level. Once you're in the system, you're given the best opportunity. With decent genetics and a footy brain, you can make it.

How did Theo Thompson go for Vic Metro? I have umpired him a few times and he is a very good footballer.

The fact Paul Seedsman would never have played footy were it not for his Collingwood connections show you that. He doesn't look out of place at AFL level. Once you're in the system, you're given the best opportunity. With decent genetics and a footy brain, you can make it.

What exactly was Seedsman's link to Collingwood? I remember reading an article on him this year and it seemed he was a huge supporter of them prior to being drafted, but don't remember anything about family links to Collingwood.

not taking anything away from the SA team at all..thourghly deserved their devastating form but the players selected for vic metro are not tough in the clinches and most are outside players who rely on their skills other than their willingness to win the ball...this is supposed to be the top echolon of victorian footy....honestly the team is an embarressment to the system..more so an energy sapping , confidence excluded squad picked on favouritism and an who knows who system...with no malice or predjudice this side baffles me when it comes to the selection table and i stand by what i say...vic selectors you got it wrong from the leadership group down...prove me wrong----

sometimes i love playing reporter and i call it as i see it...

players in that side who never played rep footy or never selected in their div 1 of top teams of their clubs ,, i wont individalise but i will say i know every player in that side and maybe just maybe 5 deserve their spots...
looks to me that your bitter that your boy didn't make the vic metro team. that team which is an embarrassment ( your words) comes out and beats country the next game, I see you don't write about that. I think they might have proved you wrong.
Sure the selectors got some players wrong who knows what their guidelines are.
For you to say only 5 players deserve their spot shows how ignorant you are. Your son wasn't good enough to make the squad get over it

AFL Diversity (@AFLdiversity) tweeted at 11:23 AM on Sat, Jul 13, 2013:

Full time: #worldXVIII win! 25.13.163 to 5.3.33.

They're the first ever World Team to go undefeated. Great stuff! #MulticulturalRound
()

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download

ROUND 2

World XVIII 22.10 (142)

South Pacific 4.6 (30)

GOALS

World XVIII: Mostert 6, Sokoyi 5, Jok 3, Moussalli 2, Paligorov 2, Kerbatieh, Moshoeshoe, Sekori, Mamur

South Pacific: Siwee 2, Havea, Morehari

BEST

World XVIII: Mostert, Volker, Kerbatieh, Sokoyi, Aujla, Jok

South Pacific: Ngata, Misioli, Clark, Havea, Tirang

Robert Mostert & Hisham Kerbatieh have been in outstanding form for the WORLD XV111...
one or the other should win the best player in the division medal..

hisham kerbatieh named MVP

View attachment 23513 View attachment 23513 1011935_625776930768072_1807143322_n.jpeg 1373682001376.jpg 1373681969439.jpg

This is a really obvious part of the footballing world and so many people just don't believe it. So much hype and bullshit in the system. It's all about your surname. Even if your dad played 150 games in a country league no one cares about, that status gives you a royal ride. Regardless of whether it's a direct or indirect thing, footy clubs are full of this shit.

That's why I believe the draft is just a load of hyperbole. It just feeds off fear and safe decision making.

well said brother

Where can I see all the squads

Probably nowhere tbh. The metro and country squads (or an approximation of them as of April) are up on the TAC site under 'academy programs', but no mention of actual selected sides.

AFL coverage of the juniors has been absolute shite this year, after it was great last year with the live stats, match centre etc. This year they haven't even put results of match reports for the final u18 games up there - I wouldn't be holding my breath for any meaningful u16 coverage...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What exactly was Seedsman's link to Collingwood? I remember reading an article on him this year and it seemed he was a huge supporter of them prior to being drafted, but don't remember anything about family links to Collingwood.

His great Grandad, Jim Sharp, played for and was president of Collingwood. Eddie McGuire was at a nursing home, and Jim Sharp's daughter was talking about her grandson Paul – "who should play for Collingwood." When he got talking to her and realised her connections to the club, Eddie sent a scout down. He didn't think he'd be good enough but did it because he felt like he owed her.

They were suitably impressed despite no one else even glancing at him.

It's documented as well, it's not some fib.

His great Grandad, Jim Sharp, played for and was president of Collingwood. Eddie McGuire was at a nursing home, and Jim Sharp's daughter was talking about her grandson Paul – "who should play for Collingwood." When he got talking to her and realised her connections to the club, Eddie sent a scout down. He didn't think he'd be good enough but did it because he felt like he owed her.

They were suitably impressed despite no one else even glancing at him.

It's documented as well, it's not some fib.

Cheers, never heard that before.

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 U16 Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

Back