2014 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

It should take you a full 2 minutes of research but I know you guys much prefer everything handed to you. Damn kids, back in my day I had to walk from Waverley to Princes Park in bare feet some weekends just to get my Brownlow Votes done. We didn't have your fancy TV's and computer tablets and internets and excels back then.

abe_simpson.png

It should take you a full 2 minutes of research but I know you guys much prefer everything handed to you. Damn kids, back in my day I had to walk from Waverley to Princes Park in bare feet some weekends just to get my Brownlow Votes done. We didn't have your fancy TV's and computer tablets and internets and excels back then.

abe_simpson.png
just harry beitzel to give his insight on the day, before ted whitten's around the grounds report

btw those numbers show the market moves for stevie j polling in round 4

Another key game - Pt Adelaide vs. Sydney R20.

Kennedy 34d, 15 contested, 5 clearances, 9 I50s
Gray 37d, 17 contested, 12 clearances
Boak 31d, 16 contested, 6 clearances, 9 tackles, 6 inside 50s, 2 goals
McGlynn 21d, 12 contested, 5 clearances, 6 tackles, 3 goals

Mcglynn stood out on the night but there are some seriously complete games in there.

I currently have it:

3. Mcglynn
2. J. Kennedy
1. R. Gray

Not feeling very confident though. How has everyone seen it?

Anyone know how accurate Phantom Brownlow have been in the past few years?
They currently have JPK winning at 26 votes, Selwood 23, Ablett 22, Gray 21

Anyone know how accurate Phantom Brownlow have been in the past few years?
They currently have JPK winning at 26 votes, Selwood 23, Ablett 22, Gray 21

They go ok but am not a huge fan of their methodology. They just collate media + coaches votes regardless of who has been voted for, which means often players or positions that aren't proven pollers get a look in when they shouldn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see a lot of punters burning a lot of money on Heppell, assuming him to get a high tally. I have him on 9.
From someone who watches Essendon every week. Heppell is certain to poll 3 against WCE, Geelong and most likely Richmond. That's 9 votes on its own plus I think he'll poll 1 possibly 2 against Collingwood in rd 17, 1 or 2 against Western Bulldogs in rd 7 and 1 probably 2 against Brisbane in rd 8

Probably looking at spending around $50 on the medal this year. Would it be wiser to go lots of different little 2/3/4 leg multis or just go for 2 or so big bets

Probably looking at spending around $50 on the medal this year. Would it be wiser to go lots of different little 2/3/4 leg multis or just go for 2 or so big bets

Depends on the bets but with that amount, I'd probably be putting maybe half on a straight out winner / quinella and the rest on a few speculative multis.

From someone who watches Essendon every week. Heppell is certain to poll 3 against WCE, Geelong and most likely Richmond. That's 9 votes on its own plus I think he'll poll 1 possibly 2 against Collingwood in rd 17, 1 or 2 against Western Bulldogs in rd 7 and 1 probably 2 against Brisbane in rd 8
thanks, good insight there, appreciate that.

in saying that, that still gives him a maximum of 15, which doesn't put him close to winning, despite the odds

in saying that, that still gives him a maximum of 15, which doesn't put him close to winning, despite the odds
But in relation to people saying Goddard will pip him for Essendons most votes, that just most certainly won't happen

But in relation to people saying Goddard will pip him for Essendons most votes, that just most certainly won't happen
Its an outside chance. I have gddard as the most rd and 4th name alot and ive underpolled him becoz iMO he doesnt have the influence on games he once used to but still has nice stats and usually hes a hot head who loves to show his displeasure to team mates and umps which doesnt sit well

If he had more recent history behind him hed be looking at a mid 20 vote year and I think his season has reflected that. Hes a hell of a footballer amazing what continuity can do. Hes one of the cleanest and best lateral movers in the game and his ability to go forward to kick 4 goal bags is only ablett like. Not many others have that ability.
Completely agree with this analysis. Really like him as a player and have for some time.

I have Heppell 17 I think he will be a favourite with the umps this year. Extremely likeable character. Hes vulnerable for most votes dons though
Heard Heppell isn't liked too much at the club.

I have BJ and Heppell tied on 14. More upside to Heppell in terms of polling, but more value for BJ.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back