2014 Emirates Melbourne Cup Day discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eh, wonder what happened to AR, jockey never pulled the whip, knew he wasn't capable for whatever reason

Happy RC pick got up though that's really all I can save from the race

Hasn't just fell in either- absolutely smashed them!! And RC and Barmen filling the placings - no idea what to make of the race
Dunaden and now Perfectionist. Top raiders racing well under weight are the value. Oh, and always avoid top weight favourites.

Last edited:
Seriously though WTF where tehy doing on Admire Ratki. Nothing in the first 5 in running has run anywhere.

Makes you wonder and he was ridden totally upside down from his CC win for no reason.

He was gone before the turn when they quickened at the 600 and it is crazy that they rode him like this.

Well I was on the top weight, and also he went horribly regardless of the tactics, just WTF WAS PURTON THINKING??? New my race was over after the first 200 metres. Was there any pointer from the connection that they had planned to go forward? That ride seriously has to be looked in to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won on both places so I'm pleased.

I reckon Rakti would have won before it pulled up, look at how he was cantering so easily in the first 2000.

Precedence always runs a strong 3200m, he is just 5 lengths off them at his best.

No idea why they didn't chase Adelaide and Sydney cups with him

Precedence always runs a strong 3200m, he is just 5 lengths off them at his best.

No idea why they didn't chase Adelaide and Sydney cups with him

Nah disagree - some of his previous attempts have suggested to me he doesn't get the 3200m at all - which was why i was surprised he was motoring home of such a hectic pace

I'm having trouble trying to figure the payout.

I put on a boxed trifecta and it paid 1.42%. I put 5 dollars on it. What does that mean? I know the trifecta paid $2173.

Sorry for the stupid question, I don't know much about punting.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 Emirates Melbourne Cup Day discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back