Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day, right now, the team, players, coaches, supporters, everyone need to stop dwelling on the shit

Roos pulled South / Sydney out of a 70 year plus slump

Let's look to the future and hope and pray

At the end of the day, right now, the team, players, coaches, supporters, everyone need to stop dwelling on the shit

Roos pulled South / Sydney out of a 70 year plus slump

Let's look to the future and hope and pray
As long as we win 6 premierships within a 10 year time span I don't really care if it happens now or in another 5 years.

It's really not the same. The 2010/11 side wasn't intrinsically doomed to failure, we just failed to make the right decisions necessary to bring it to potential.

I think the list was intrinsically designed to fail , irrelevant discussion but we didn't have any key forwards or quality inside outside midfielders

Anyway irrelevant , this list has been built properly with the right people

I think the list was intrinsically designed to fail , irrelevant discussion but we didn't have any key forwards or quality inside outside midfielders

Anyway irrelevant , this list has been built properly with the right people

I can't be stuffed but someone should quote me with captain hindsight

Bruce was pretty much pushed and no, McDonald was not finished

Sorry mate, but that's a fabrication.

Bruce was offered a contract, the club wanted him to stay. But he was in negotiations with Clarkson at Hawthorn. During the trade period Clarkson told him to hold off until after the trade period ended, the MFC was under the impression that he would sign a new contract, then Bruce turns around and says he'g going to Hawthorn in the psd and there was nothing that we could do.

Basically Bruce screwed the club, deliberately held off negotiations so we wouldn't get a trade done and then walked.

The only satisfaction was watching him do **** all at Hawthorn.

There was nothing that Jnr did at GWS that demonstrated that we made the wrong decision, it was actually pretty sad watching him struggle. We did however completely **** up how he was exited and Bailey admitted it.

Sorry mate, but that's a fabrication.

There was nothing that Jnr did at GWS that demonstrated that we made the wrong decision, it was actually pretty sad watching him struggle. We did however completely **** up how he was exited and Bailey admitted it.

McDonald sat out the game for a year, he was always going to struggle at GWS. IMO he still had another year in him at Melbourne

McDonald could have easily gone another year for us, probably playing more of a backline role as his body may not have held up enough for midfield work. We screwed him over big time there, and all so we could draft some kid who's probably long gone.

Well in fact we drafted Tom McDonald with our last live pick that year... so that turned out ok. But surely we could have left Spencer on the rookie list for another year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back