Competitions 2014 Geelong Board National Draft prediction competition CLOSED

Remove this Banner Ad

This would resonate with most of the Geelong board , the Wells pick that may have been gotten with 14 or later , get taken at 10. He also would have a few ticks in the Wells recruit book. A player undervalued due to injury or conditioning is something he has done plenty , sometimes to win sometimes not. And out of all teh players in thsi draft , Cocka too is probably the one with most dynamic impact potential. He reminded me of Judd teh way he ripped the ball out of the centre and ran. The issue is can we use P10 on a 1 game in 18 months player?

We did similar with pick 7.

I have just made my final edit to Wright, McLean, Glenn and Drummond.

Just a reminder that if you want to be in this competition you need to put your selections up tomorrow before the draft.

The 4 picks i am interested in ( unlike other years) are 10 14 35 and 47

Its going to be interesting who wins out of the swap with Adelaide

Hopefully the Cats do well - but i will also remember who the Crows get with 14 and 35

What I hope we do..
10. Connor Blakely
Serious inside midfielder with plenty of grunt in the contest. Just has a habit of being in the right position at the right time. Clearance machine which is something we have seriously missed. Played senior footy this year and is ready made.

47. Daniel Howe
Mobile key defender. Wouldn't mind seeing him sprout a couple more cm. His kicking is great for his size and reads the play well.

55. Clem Smith
I think he may slide a bit.. mainly because clubs are looking for midfielders/key position players and fail to see the importance of a solid defender. Just love the way he attacks the ball. Cats are light on for small defenders and I see Smith as one of the better ones in the draft.

59. Ben Edwards
He tested through the absolute roof at state screening. He is just a jet in athleticism. Played as a key forward in the SANFL, but I think he could be played in any position really. A typical late Wells smoky.

SJ: 0/4

Last edited by a moderator:
Listened to PelicanPelcan on AFL.com the other day , he talked about an under perfroming Riolli at the Combine , instead of turning them of him they saw upside.. Could Smith be the same?
Honestly, I don't know why he is so unloved.

I get his Championships weren't great and his combine was below average but he did make AA U18 as an underager and has been playing senior footy in WAFL.

I have to wonder whether people have seen newer, shinier things this year.

If he slips down to 47 I'll be surprised.

If we get him at 47 I'll be delighted.

10. NAKIA COCKATOO (exciting prospect if it happens!)

47. CLEM SMITH (more hopeful than anything! Love the look of this kid and hope he slides!)

55. PAT MCKENNA (u19 Australia cricket captain - fit in well with GHS! Playing local level - roughie [Wells special])

59. MATT PANOS (big bodied, mature aged, PNP mid - would love us to give him his second chance!)

* I also think we'll rookie one of the young falcons that don't get picked up like NELSON or MILES.

EDIT: Cockatoo instead of Durdin @ pick 10. Late mail is he's flown up to the Gold Coast for tonight with Cats looking interested!

SJ: 1/4

10: Jake Lever (but delighted with Nakia Cockatoo)
47: Clem Smith (but he will be gone)
55: Jack Cripps, 196/86, East Fremantle
59: Jackson Nelson, 188/80, Falcons (because you can't have too many Jacks)

If we go Cockatoo and not Lever (surely has to be one of those) then I would be hoping for a KPB who has been hiding under a WAFL/SANFL bush with 47.

Rookie: Cory Gregson, 175/73, Glenelg/Sacred Ht

The 4 picks i am interested in ( unlike other years) are 10 14 35 and 47

Its going to be interesting who wins out of the swap with Adelaide

Hopefully the Cats do well - but i will also remember who the Crows get with 14 and 35

Also interested to see who the Saints get with pick 21 and whether he proves to be a better player than Stanley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK... I'll chuck my Two Bobs in.....

Pick No. 10 I think it will be Sam Durdin .... But I hope it is Nakia Cockatoo....
The thinking here is... We grabbed two Mids last year... in Lang-Jansen... and a Big defender... well plus Toohey in the RD.
...add to that Thurlow and Hartman from 2012... also add to the mix... Cowan's return... & with Blease coming in.
Then we have to know if they think DangerMouse is coming next year??
So with Bundy-Trav gone... We have Thurlow-Hartman-Lang-Jansen-Cowan fighting for those two spots...
Mmmm.... decisions...decisions... Head says Durdin... Heart says Cockatoo.... Either way... Whoever it is... WELCOME!!

Pick No. 47 Will depend on whether we pick up Durdin... if we do....
Jacko Nelson from the Falcons if he still is on the board....

Pick No. 55 and 59... Shooting darts here....

Let's go for Nick Dixon from the Falcons... and David Mennen from Ballarat... two mids with the latter being something special...
Now if any of these go before our picks...
I'd like us to have a real good look at a Danny Frawley-jarrod Rivers clone.... Hugh Beasley...

Cheers boys!!! And let's all remember after its all said and done... we have 4 new boys joining Mitch,Rhys and Sam...
So with 7 new faces and hopefully 3 returning ones.... Here's to 2015!!!!

Also interested to see who the Saints get with pick 21 and whether he proves to be a better player than Stanley.

yeah.. don't think this will end well…..

Will never escape the comparison….

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions 2014 Geelong Board National Draft prediction competition CLOSED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back