No Oppo Supporters 2014 General AFL Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell, so instead of being half way to getting Ryder we've got bugger all.

We got a 140 page odd thread on the mainboard. A few liars telling us to our faces how terrible it all is whilst giggling behind our backs.

Ummm, Probably something else.

Bloody hell, so instead of being half way to getting Ryder we've got bugger all.

Whatever the plan was to get Ryder will just have to wait for 1 to 2 years. 2017 we'll find someone untouchable and bring them in, I guess.

Well since were chasing Patfull and Ryder then - yah. They must of had plans. The point being we were forced to sit on the sidelines. Who knows what could have happened? Hey maybe nothing but seriously given the list what do you honestly think.

And in 2013 we got absolutely smashed in the prelim and did not beat a fellow top 4 team all year if memory serves, maybe once or twice, which shows that our depth is awesome to beat Carlton but not so good when playing Freo/Hawks/Port/Geelong etc etc etc. By the way 2 of the "depth" just wondered off the reservation for nix.

Richmond game has to count. Because we were (not) resting players but a lot were sore (lol) we played our depth in a game that mimicked what an injured side would look like. They still went out and represented and were exposed in a number of key areas notably forward entries, getting out of defence and our KPD player became by default Dane Rampe because the AA fullback lacked pace and agility to compete. I would not consider any of that ideal.

Yeh all of the above is overly pessimistic but I do not think you can simply put a bow on this trade period and say she will be right.

Premierships are hard to win. They require a lot of things to go right. They require improvement across all areas of a club. We were denied organic trade improvement and probably retained aged players as a result that will naturally, understandably and regrettably deteriorate again in the new season.

Just my take of course and opinions will vary.

Based on this we probably should have traded JPK for picks 2 & 3 and started a rebuild......

We have missed out on trading for a ruck. We've spent enough on Tippett about he delivered as a back up ruck.

We missed out on a defender but we've traded for two forwards in the last two years.

Based on this we probably should have traded JPK for picks 2 & 3 and started a rebuild......

We have missed out on trading for a ruck. We've spent enough on Tippett about he delivered as a back up ruck.

We missed out on a defender but we've traded for two forwards in the last two years.

Yep got it.

Everything is rosy and being banned from trading for a few years makes no impact on a list.

Hawks will fall because they have old players.

Port will fall because they have no depth.

Can't see what my issue was after all. Totally convinced.

:thumbsu:

Yep got it.

Everything is rosy and being banned from trading for a few years makes no impact on a list.

Hawks will fall because they have old players.

Port will fall because they have no depth.

Can't see what my issue was after all. Totally convinced.

:thumbsu:
Fremantle and West Coast weren't involved in any trades at all. Assume they are no chance then.

To say we are doomed because we didn't top up our list is fair enough.

Yeah. Freo and WC both approached players. But no one wanted to go there.

I agree though it's not a bad way to go to have no list changes, if you're confident in your stocks.

The question is are we?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noticed Gray , Wingard , Oshea etc are already back training at the there Club.

Hope some of our boys who were disappointing in the GF ( Reid , Rohan , jetta and the list goes on ) are that committed to get back early and put the hard yards in for a big 2015.

It is interesting isn't it. Agree.

GWS offered pick 4 for L Bruest yesterday and pick 7 for Howe in a late bid.

Wanted Bruest for marketing being a NSW boy , plus his playing abilities of course

OK there are only 3 possible options here;
You're on drugs and delusional
The person(s) you heard this from is on drugs and delusional or
GWS (& Melbourne) are completely and totally out of their tree(s).

Howe? Jeremy Howe? Or is there are a star Howe I've never heard of?
If Melbourne truly rejected that deal they should just close up shop now.

If the Bombers are so adamant that no banned substances were given to the players, then responding to the SCNs would seemingly be the most logical way to get this mess resolved? Not condoning what they did and the club are still drug cheats, but can't penalise the players if ASADA lacks the competence to put together a strong enough case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back