Roast 2014 SuperCoach Regrets/Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was it you that also traded out Beams for Monty around round 8?
Beams>Steven. Following week Polec>Beams & flipped Steven>SJ

Looking back on my trade history, I've made some really poor decisions which pretty much sums up where I'm at today.

Ah Steven, that's it. Don't worry mate I traded out Higgins for Ambrose in round 2 and Griffin was my first midfield upgrade in round 5 or 6.
Griffen been unfortunate. Traded him in also because of his huge ceiling. Worked last year. This year...FAIL.

I actually don't have a great deal of regrets thus far. I've been extremely lucky and dodged quite a few bullets. Went close to getting fatally wounded but dodged these crackers. Was very close on each occasion:

1. Trading in NRoo when he started on fire.
2. Trading in Swan when he bottomed out.
3. Getting on Jaensch.
4. Rioli.... Twice
5. Montagna when he punched out 3 x 140+ scores.
6. Mumford.
7. Steve Johnson.

And moreover here's the players that were on the chopping block for them;

1. Martin - started slowly
2. Brought in Libba instead
3. Went with malceski
4. Stuck fat with Zorko and brought in Breust
5. Held out for Jelwood
6. Kept the faith in Lobbe
7. Brought in Harvey

Like I said, pretty lucky but honestly, had reasons on each occasion.

Plenty of regrets this season, not just trades but also not getting on blokes at good times & inclusions/non-inclusions at start of season.

I've had Gibbs & dusty in my team pretty much every year but didn't go near them this season & both are flying. Mitchell & deledio have not only been big scorers, but usually very durable. Put both in this season & injury struck.

I inexplicably opted for bob murphy over a cheap (at the time) Heath shaw when upgrading Langdon. I considered fyfe but held off due to high BE, when I should have got on but didn't he has since pumped out 2 x 150+ scores.

In a season with a massive lack of rookie priced defenders/rucks/forward to downgrade to, I missed the boat on McGovern

Taking Nic Nat over Jacobs two weeks ago... yuck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking Nic Nat over Jacobs two weeks ago... yuck.

that's not as bad as those who were talking up trading sauce to nic nat.

Not sure how many followed through with it, but that extra 150k would want to being used pretty darn well (like 100ppg well) I would have thought to make it worthwhile.
:confused:

that's not as bad as those who were talking up trading sauce to nic nat.

Not sure how many followed through with it, but that extra 150k would want to being used pretty darn well (like 100ppg well) I would have thought to make it worthwhile.
:confused:
I traded Sauce to Nic Nat, regretting it now but I thought Sauce would drop in price as I thought he was going to be playing with a bit of a niggle. Fairly sure it brought Boomer in for me so not too bad.

The dumbest move I made was bringing in Rampe when he strung a few good scores together... oooopppsss

1. Marc Murphy instead of Callan Ward (Ward was sub 500k)
2. Hibberd instead of Malceski (S Mitchell replacement)
3. Boak instead of Fyfe (Fyfe had the flu at the time & Boak had just scored 150+)
4. Starting with Andrew Walker at his high price
5. Impey and Georgiou

1. Marc Murphy instead of Callan Ward (Ward was sub 500k)
2. Hibberd instead of Malceski (S Mitchell replacement)
3. Boak instead of Fyfe (Fyfe had the flu at the time & Boak had just scored 150+)
4. Starting with Andrew Walker at his high price
5. Impey and Georgiou

Murph will end up averaging more than Ward. Bookmark it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back