2015 ATP World Tour 250/500 series thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple of big tournaments in Tokyo and Beijing this week (both 500 tournaments).

Tokyo:
Groth faces Chardy, who will be tough to beat. Kyrgios should win his first round match, but will then face Gasquet who has been beating him comfortably this year. Tomic has Johnson, who he has lost to twice this year and wouldn't surprise me if he has a third loss to him. Ebden has just qualified for the main draw.
Wawrinka and Nishikori the top seeds.

Beijing:
Millman qualified here. Djokokvic, Berdych and Nadal the top seeds.

I'm guessing there will be some coverage on Fox Sports later in the week.

Kyrgios lost the semi to Lopez in straight sets, not a bad week, just has to keep building on it.

I wouldn't say Gasquet has been beating Kyrgios comfortably, throw the Cincy result of the window for obivous reasons and really should of gone to a 5th set at Wimby. And then the other one was on clay.

Ebden plays Kraijicek in Tokyo (actually pretty winnable) and Millman plays Robredo in beijing. Millman beating Robredo at Wimby but obivously Tommy is allergic to grass.

Groth was pretty awful against Becker last week, couldn't see him getting through Chardy.

Coverage starts on Friday on ESPN but there will be live coverage on tennis tv and various sites all week, no doubt some of the aussies will be in the action.

Groth and Tomic both retired in their matches today. Groth apparently has a right foot injury which is pretty concerning. Tomic will illness so probably drunk too much the night before.

Ebden lost in a 3rd set tb.

Groth and Tomic both retired in their matches today. Groth apparently has a right foot injury which is pretty concerning. Tomic will illness so probably drunk too much the night before.

Ebden lost in a 3rd set tb.
Last I checked Ebden was up 7-5 5-3 and I joked that he'd probably lose. My bad.

Kyrgios beat Bautista Agut and moves through to the quarter finals. Nick will face Paire next and as it is a 500 tournament, some very handy points on offer if he can reach the semis here. Hope he can get to the semis for the 2nd straight week.

Millman should've beaten Isner, choked a bit, serving for the match 6-5 in the second and did his first double fault followed by some unforced errors. Isner was always going to win the tie break and was all downhill from there

This is pretty much going how a Kyrgios/Paire match should go, wildly unpredictable. Paire looked at one point in the first he was just going to tank the match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least Nick gets points right? Because ranking means absolutely everything :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 ATP World Tour 250/500 series thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back