List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon we are desperately missing Salem

104393.jpg

Deano isn't poised off a HBF, he's a wrecking ball.

Nah but he adds that defensive pressure/goal sense around the sticks that we be really valuable with the way we are bombing it in there

Btw Getting Dawes, Frost, Vince and Lumumba has come at a cost, we have missed out on getting someone like Shuey in that early second round

Nah but he adds that defensive pressure/goal sense around the sticks that we be really valuable with the way we are bombing it in there

Btw Getting Dawes, Frost, Vince and Lumumba has come at a cost, we have missed out on getting someone like Shuey in that early second round

More likely someone like Strauss.

Let's be honest, we would have just fluffed the pick :cry:

Kent is more important than we realize to our structure, he gives that defensive pressure but he isn't one of those guys like Andrew MacQualter who were just pretty average players that worked really hard as a defensive forward, Kent can kick multiple goals and has real pace. I'm still really sad about his injury against Richmond, he had an excellent first quarter and looked like he'd have a big game before his hammy went. Still forget how young he is as well, only in his 3rd year of AFL.

Along with Salem (Our best skills in defence, very composed, tough, in fact he is probably my favourite player now along with Viney) we really miss these guys. We've built a reasonable best 22 now (When I say reasonable I think it is better than bottom 4) but beyond that 22 we really struggle for depth. FWIW I thought Lumumba was decent on Saturday, didn't star but was pretty solid both offensively and defensively.

Getting Frost got us ANB and Omac

I heard Weitering on the radio the other day and boy is he mature for his age. Seems like whoever gets him will be a very lucky club indeed.

Seems to be a lot of talls in the top 10... would like another forward and it's hard to get them in later rounds, but always go best available - figure it out later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* Dawes and Lumumba. WHat a ******* **** up. How much longer will we be stuck with these clowns dining off being passengers in a good team?
Lumumba has been solid

Has there been an important pick we've severely ****ed up since we picked up Taylor? (2013)

Have a feeling whoever we end up with is going to be a good->great player :thumbsu:

I don't think the Clark-Varcoe-Lumumba trade would've fetched a 2nd rounder, not a top one anyway. I reckon they were 3rd rounder types and the 3 clubs didn't want to embarrass the players by showing it. So that trade didn't bother me. Vince was much needed. Nath Jones needed a buddy. It's not exactly a huge conspiracy theory to suggest the Sylvia FA compensation was dependent on it going to Adel for Vince is it. Wouldn't surprise me. The Frost deal was questionable but it depends on how you and the club rated ANB I guess. Time will tell. With good recruiting moving back in the draft but staying in the top 40 or so picks is probably a sound strategy.

Dawes was a stuff up. His injuries haven't helped but haven't been a shock either. Although I think if it wasn't Dawes we would've given up some draft pick for a mature key forward at some stage when Clark went down. It's kind of negligent to not enter a season with at least 1 mature forward. Maybe we would've found someone better, I hope so, but we could've easily just ended up with a Jesse White.

Overall we've made progress, what I'm more worried about is a shallow draft this year and some contract blunders to battlers effecting our ability to strip more dead weight from the list.

If you are 24 years old and still don't have a regular spot in the side there is something wrong. We can't make all the excuses we want for Fitz but in reality I just don't think he is very good.

That wasnt my point at all, mate, try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back