List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damn. Hibberd, Matheison, Balic and Cole all gone in the last 7 picks. Who's left?

Will probably be another McDonald brother appear for us shortly.

Highlight reel for the big fella doesn't look too bad, as far as those things go. Looks like he can kick a bit and has half a brain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we have a pair of Kings and a shitload of Jacks.

And a queen.

photo_verybig_5937.jpg

I think talls were on the menu .. smallest player recruited is 186cm ... (and bet he grows more) .. and 193, 196, 199 .. well we wanted height we got it.

Dawes and co will be feeling the pressure coming up

So we have a pair of Kings and a shitload of Jacks.
And the ace with Jesse, and always the joker with the Prince

Well I'm disappointed that we didn't take Francis and that the sliders didn't quite last to our 3rd pick, but on the plus side I'm very relieved that we chose Oliver over Parish and Weideman over Curnow

Oliver's looked impressive in his highlight videos despite the fact he looked downright flabby. A preseason in an AFL standard fitness regime should make him an even better player and he looks damn good to start with. Parish may be a ball magnet but his high, looping kicking style won't translate well to the AFL. I can see defenders closing down the intended targets of those kicks long before the ball reaches them.

Weideman's injury history worries me and I'm not sure about his kicking, but he looks equally comfortable marking the ball on the lead, diving to take marks low down, or taking pack marks overhead. He's a genuine key forward. By contrast Curnow is neither fish nor fowl. Too short to be a reliable key forward and lacking the mobility to be a midfielder. Of course he may develop into either, but he's high risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back