Unofficial Preview 2015 NMFC Fixture Thread (full fixture PG11/post 256)

What should Roos do/request from 2015 fixture?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Alfredo Rojas

Pain&Gain
Jun 21, 2014
Altona
AFL Club
GWS
What should the Kangaroos demand in terms of scheduling for 2015 from the AFL?...

Kangaroos get paid least $500k to play at Bellerive Oval, Tasmania and have 2 scheduled matches in 2014, should the Kangaroos demand least maybe 5 games in Tasmania, do what Hawks do try tap into Tassie market to increase supporter base and also revenue?... Try do St Kilda tap into New Zealand market create awareness and maximise support... Potential to earn $2.5-$3mill in revenue playing interstate

Or should they make more efforts at home in Victoria try maximise crowds and try score more marquee games and marquee events with other clubs and make least 3 local derbies a marque matches?
Example ...
- Dream time at the Alice (Northern Terriory) on the a Friday before Dreamtime at the G' game
Kangaroos vs. Melbourne
- Multicultural Game.... Marquee match for Multicultural round with pre game show and bands
- Kangaroos vs. Blues or Dogs

try maximise profits in Vic than that of interstate

25rzce9.gif

Was but Blues supporter accidentally put Pies one above, mistakes do happen

What you think of my question
Fixturing options are not discrete categories and we could have a fixture which allows greater exposure and makes us more money at the same time e.g. this years fixture. A poll is a very narrowed and flawed way to discuss the topic, and you haven't helped the discussion by selecting just two diametrically opposed options.

Fixturing options are not discrete categories and we could have a fixture which allows greater exposure and makes us more money at the same time e.g. this years fixture. A poll is a very narrowed and flawed way to discuss the topic, and you haven't helped the discussion by selecting just two diametrically opposed options.

Just feel maybe Roos can push either for money interstate or marquee games, end of the days football is a business and objective is to make maximum profits

Just feel maybe Roos can push either for money interstate or marquee games, end of the days football is a business and objective is to make maximum profits
I'd like a repeat of this years fixture, although perhaps with two games against clubs we haven't doubled against for a while like Carlton and Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Longer term you need FTA TV and exposure in the main market, or you don't get any of the next generation of supporters. Are today's kids going to see 20 times a year on TV (Collingwood or Essendon), or one they see 7 or 8 times. Given only about a third of households have pay TV, getting exposure in the club's home market is by far the most important thing.
edit:fixed typo

Last edited:
Longer term yo choose a team they canou need FTA TV and exposure in the main market, or you don't get any of the next generation of supporters. Are today's kids going to see 20 times a year on TV (Collingwood or Essendon), or one they see 7 or 8 times. Given only about a third of households have pay TV, getting exposure in the club's home market is by far the most important thing.
Which solution you like better then to maximise profits?

What did you think people were going to vote when you asked that question to a majority of Melbourne people?

Why would I want my club playing more interstate games if it's Viable for them to play all games in Melbourne?

What did you think people were going to vote when you asked that question to a majority of Melbourne people?

Why would I want my club playing more interstate games if it's Viable for them to play all games in Melbourne?
Kangaroos struggling club financially, one of lowest in net revenue from membership , interstate home games = profits and more supporter base

I'd like a repeat of this years fixture, although perhaps with two games against clubs we haven't doubled against for a while like Carlton and Richmond.

Or the ducks in Melbourne for once.

Which solution you like better then to maximise profits?

Exposure = profit.

the more exposure the more profit.

Eddie businessfied Collingwood before anyother melbourne club and it reaped huge benefits.

Hawks have a business model that works well but is dependant on Tassie.

Geelong have the ability to print money because of a conga line of premiers that barrack for the club and have poured millions into Kadinia Park.

*essendon make profit from anything sold from Jihad stadium even when they are not playing but are haemoraging funds at a rate of knots through the drugs stuff and the fact that they are relocating to tullamarine.

Bulldogs, Melbourne, St Kilda, Carlton are al clubs who will face financial issues without consistent assistance from the AFL its not like we are on our own here.

What happens if the state outlaw funding from pokie machines? North would move to the top of the freaking heap because we have an ethical stance on the matter.

We are not the bottom of the totem anylonger, we are erasing debt, and have more members than ever before. Our on field future looks bright.

We are going to be fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview 2015 NMFC Fixture Thread (full fixture PG11/post 256)

Back