2015 NTFA SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

is it true that south have signed james miller ( st pats ) bart mcculloch ( storm ) nick childs ( st helens ) and jarrod price ( longford ) and have only lost foley to retirement?

There was talk of Fingal playing out of Cressy full time but the club eventually decided against it. It's a shame because there are so many Cressy people playing out at Longford and Bracknell that would come back and play in Cressy if given the chance.

There's too many clubs out that way as it is in my opinion. Evandale, Perth, Longford, Bracknell all with in 10-15mins of each other. Thrown in Prospect, St.Pats and South on the outskirts of town and Campbell Town and MV Suns if you want to go that touch further all taking players off each other. It appears somethings gonna give as it is. Another one would do more damage than good..

i heard that if north didnt win the flag and resign littlejohn then "apparently" kim curtis was set for the job? a few scotch blokes are shopping themselves around with saying to evandale that they will go for nothing less then 300 a game or they will stay at scotch.?
also few hillwood boys in pearce and bennett are going to north maybe a few more with them.

i heard that if north didnt win the flag and resign littlejohn then "apparently" kim curtis was set for the job? a few scotch blokes are shopping themselves around with saying to evandale that they will go for nothing less then 300 a game or they will stay at scotch.?
also few hillwood boys in pearce and bennett are going to north maybe a few more with them.

Well looks like they will be staying at scotch, Evandale committee arent stupid to pay $300 for average players

I would hardly call Tom Allison 'average.'

Evandale won't be paying them an exhorbitant amount of money to play nonetheless.

I have signed on DANMAN. Might meet you somewhere along the line this season, unless I already have.

Wheres the rest of fingal gone? Heard about 6/7 to Longford and a couple to Evandale
Do you think that fingal will really fold ? Be a shame if they did country towns footy club are the heart and sole of places like fingal ect it brings the towns people together lose ya club and it will knock the guts out of the community

Do you think that fingal will really fold ? Be a shame if they did country towns footy club are the heart and sole of places like fingal ect it brings the towns people together lose ya club and it will knock the guts out of the community

From all reports they won't be folding, it will be a whole new team though as all seniors have left, I think I heard Daniel Maynard has been approached as coach and taking a few younger players with him not sure if completely true or going ahead though, I doubt they'll be anywhere the strength of previous years but let's hope they don't fold!!

From all reports they won't be folding, it will be a whole new team though as all seniors have left, I think I heard Daniel Maynard has been approached as coach and taking a few younger players with him not sure if completely true or going ahead though, I doubt they'll be anywhere the strength of previous years but let's hope they don't fold!!
That's great news hope all goes well

Been fairly quiet this year with movements, here is some strong rumours. If anyone can confirm or deny or add to these please do :)

I'll start with div 1 sides;
deloraine:
should be there about's as their 2014 year, Blackwell, Bloomfield and Gleeson retired, Larby, coombe and shaun james left and picked up Rory's younger brother and Matthew O'Donohue- haven't really heard anymore but I'm sure they have other recruits.

hillwood:
ryan worn is coaching and brought about 5-6 from north, mainly colts players in Elmer, Murdock, fullard, apparently he also has 3-4 coming down from Victoria! got a lot to cover though, Pearce, Fox, Bennett, chugg, rodman, Walsh, byard, Messer, moore, gibbons, Harris and 4-5 Hobart and Victorian boys all apparently going to higher levels and returning home.

longford:
probably will be improvers with gard, trotter, laycock and the rest of the Fingal boys previously mentioned playing. Although have lost one or two or the walker brothers and Todd rattray, but should improve slightly.

scottsdale:
with fox, cairns, medwin and rhys Morrison you would think they'll improve but probably depends on the rest of the comp and if they can keep their younger players.

south:
haven't heard much about recruits or loses, can anyone add?

b'north:
only heard they picked up chugg from Hillwood, they are my tip for next year given Murfett and other key players were injured at the end of last year.

rocherlea: dont know anything about them.

g'town: also haven't heard anything but given Axton is at evandale I can't see them improving much

div 2...

scotch:
reckon they'll still be around the bench mark, think 3-4 have headed back to Campbell Town and one of them being Sammy Lyne, along with white, walker and Goodluck to tsl and Sam burrill back down south. not sure of any pick ups however.

fingal:
as previous posts on here, they have basically lost everyone who played seniors last year. looks like daniel Maynard is coaching them, he will be handy but needs players.

St pats:
should improve from last year being son young, think they ha e recruited well with Brendan taylor from north, josh youd from launnie and a handful from tamar and other clubs but have heard Miller could be moving along with a fee older ones. probably around where they were last year.

prospect:
ins- luke tepper, mitch Watson and they have lost Jacob knight but that is all I think. If they could recruit a powerful forward and one or two more key defenders to help lethal I think they can be serious top 3.

tamar:
I think the mid season troubles from last year has hurt them, a lot of the boys that came from b'nth and other clubs because of Wright have left. Mohr, Hewitt, Cox, beams, morris, Brockman, bresner and add Wickham to that, think they will drop off.

perth:
should improve and could compete possible with tamar, suns and get a lot closer to other clubs with Roy Thomas and reeves signing in, also think they have 3-4 from Ols.

Ols:
jarred burns and Jake Smythe gone, along with finch and a few to Perth, think they also may drop out if the 5. or at least won't be in a position to be third by rd 18 like they were this year.

uni:
thought they had a disappointing year last year, but with Oliver back as well as maintaining most of there list they should be pushing for finals again. think they have recruited heath lowe and Barden hagen as well.

evandale;
massive improvers I think possible they can be top 2. ins- Axton, rainbow, Newton, noble, Stagg, Tim walker, nic walker, liam Bessel, Matt Adams, Alex Webb, Warwick Johnson, Ben Nicholls and shaun Collis already adding to Bennet, Conroy, Hughes, chugg and Hutton they had I think they'll be the team to watch.

lilydale:
stokes and sulk berger back, if they can recruit a goal kicker and some speed through thear midfield and half back line they may be competitive.

suns:
know nothing about, they had Bennett and Scott out for a fair chunk last year but even with those two I think they would need to recruit up to 10 players who have played senior footy at a level higher than leven before they look towards finals. but not a bad first year.

All in all I think the comp between 4th- 8th will even out a lot with saints, e'Dale and scotch another 5-6 goals ahead of that lot, hoping it's a lot more even and better to watch.

I think top 4 will be a leap above this year in div 2 with scotch, stpats, prospect and evandale to hard to pick an order ATM though I believe scotch will drop back but still be the top team again, stpats well they've lost 5-6 with a couple of retirements but having said that they were still 10 goals better then prospect who look like they've recruited well also, evandale will definetely massively improve but it has to be 20 goals + just to compete with prospect, I can't pick a 5th though with UNi always being an unknown lilydale improving meander improving, ols will drop off but still be around the middle. I can't see Tamar fingal or Perth doing anything though, and on another note prospect meant to be announcing their first ever player life members?? That's tough to guess who that is in a club that's only had seniors for 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

div 2...

scotch:
reckon they'll still be around the bench mark, think 3-4 have headed back to Campbell Town and one of them being Sammy Lyne, along with white, walker and Goodluck to tsl and Sam burrill back down south. not sure of any pick ups however.

fingal:
as previous posts on here, they have basically lost everyone who played seniors last year. looks like daniel Maynard is coaching them, he will be handy but needs players.

St pats:
should improve from last year being son young, think they ha e recruited well with Brendan taylor from north, josh youd from launnie and a handful from tamar and other clubs but have heard Miller could be moving along with a fee older ones. probably around where they were last year.

prospect:
ins- luke tepper, mitch Watson and they have lost Jacob knight but that is all I think. If they could recruit a powerful forward and one or two more key defenders to help lethal I think they can be serious top 3.

tamar:
I think the mid season troubles from last year has hurt them, a lot of the boys that came from b'nth and other clubs because of Wright have left. Mohr, Hewitt, Cox, beams, morris, Brockman, bresner and add Wickham to that, think they will drop off.

perth:
should improve and could compete possible with tamar, suns and get a lot closer to other clubs with Roy Thomas and reeves signing in, also think they have 3-4 from Ols.

Ols:
jarred burns and Jake Smythe gone, along with finch and a few to Perth, think they also may drop out if the 5. or at least won't be in a position to be third by rd 18 like they were this year.

uni:
thought they had a disappointing year last year, but with Oliver back as well as maintaining most of there list they should be pushing for finals again. think they have recruited heath lowe and Barden hagen as well.

evandale;
massive improvers I think possible they can be top 2. ins- Axton, rainbow, Newton, noble, Stagg, Tim walker, nic walker, liam Bessel, Matt Adams, Alex Webb, Warwick Johnson, Ben Nicholls and shaun Collis already adding to Bennet, Conroy, Hughes, chugg and Hutton they had I think they'll be the team to watch.

lilydale:
stokes and sulk berger back, if they can recruit a goal kicker and some speed through thear midfield and half back line they may be competitive.

suns:
know nothing about, they had Bennett and Scott out for a fair chunk last year but even with those two I think they would need to recruit up to 10 players who have played senior footy at a level higher than leven before they look towards finals. but not a bad first year.

All in all I think the comp between 4th- 8th will even out a lot with saints, e'Dale and scotch another 5-6 goals ahead of that lot, hoping it's a lot more even and better to watch.

Pretty much spot on I believe mate, did hear a couple that lilydale picked up but can't remember their names, st pats apparently PK and sticky retireing with miller, locky duncombe leaving and possibly dan withers back to launy, I know meander have recruited aiden nunn maybe and were in talks with jake nunn, evandale well enough said there!! Prospect I think Jamie Rainer signed as well as Dylan mackryl and a few more other I can't remember, haven't heard much about any other team though unfortunately, as I said previously that top 4 looks very strong ATM though

Pretty much spot on I believe mate, did hear a couple that lilydale picked up but can't remember their names, st pats apparently PK and sticky retireing with miller, locky duncombe leaving and possibly dan withers back to launy, I know meander have recruited aiden nunn maybe and were in talks with jake nunn, evandale well enough said there!! Prospect I think Jamie Rainer signed as well as Dylan mackryl and a few more other I can't remember, haven't heard much about any other team though unfortunately, as I said previously that top 4 looks very strong ATM though

I'm sure PK is going on again as assistant coach at St pats. Has Jamie Rayner gone to prospect?
Think uni may also have will Cleeland back playing, so he will be a massive addition.

I'm sure PK is going on again as assistant coach at St pats. Has Jamie Rayner gone to prospect?
Think uni may also have will Cleeland back playing, so he will be a massive addition.

That blokes an animal!
Yep apparently rayner has signed and has been training, pretty good pick up for them. And yeah well UNi can just pull people out of nowhere that's why you never know, I'd only imagine they'll improve

Y
I think top 4 will be a leap above this year in div 2 with scotch, stpats, prospect and evandale to hard to pick an order ATM though I believe scotch will drop back but still be the top team again, stpats well they've lost 5-6 with a couple of retirements but having said that they were still 10 goals better then prospect who look like they've recruited well also, evandale will definetely massively improve but it has to be 20 goals + just to compete with prospect, I can't pick a 5th though with UNi always being an unknown lilydale improving meander improving, ols will drop off but still be around the middle. I can't see Tamar fingal or Perth doing anything though, and on another note prospect meant to be announcing their first ever player life members?? That's tough to guess who that is in a club that's only had seniors for 5 years.
You are obviously a part of the prospect footy club to seriously think that Evandale need to improve by 20 goals just to compete with prospect, what.a.joke

Y

You are obviously a part of the prospect footy club to seriously think that Evandale need to improve by 20 goals just to compete with prospect, what.a.joke

I don't play football, you do the math from last year, prospect beat them by over 100 points, scotch and stpats both beat prospect by over 15 goals, so therefore clever guy evandale need to improve by 20 goals not that hard is it, considering scotch, stpats and prospect seem to have lost very few players

Y

You keep saying that what I'm saying is rubbish or a joke, and nearly everything I've said has been near spot on, I'm not saying evandale won't beat prospect or anyone I actually think evandale will win the flag or go close, and if they do get top 3 that means they've improved by 20 goals +.

You keep saying that what I'm saying is rubbish or a joke, and nearly everything I've said has been near spot on, I'm not saying evandale won't beat prospect or anyone I actually think evandale will win the flag or go close, and if they do get top 3 that means they've improved by 20 goals +.
prospect arent a football teams arseh*le! they were terrible last year, did they beat a top 3 team which included fingal? did they even get close to a top 3 team?

prospect arent a football teams arseh*le! they were terrible last year, did they beat a top 3 team which included fingal? did they even get close to a top 3 team?

I said they lost by 15 goals + to the top 2 teams? If you want to include fingal in that they were equal with the top 2 teams, so that puts them in that category as well, I don't see what your problem is? No one was upto to stpats or scotch except fingal and we know what happened there, I never said it any differently

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 NTFA SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

Back