2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Peanut, from what I hear (may not be 100% correct) the coaching staff at the club has been restructured to allow for 1 side only. From all reports, final draws are due to be released 7th Feb. We should all know more next Saturday.

Yeah cool, thanks for the info. If that's the case, will be very strong in this league you would think.

Kedron will only be playing in the QAFL B this year. I have heard ferny grove are going to have a practice match against kedron soon. Should be interesting??

Good info Johnny, thanks.

Kedron will only be playing in the QAFL B this year. I have heard ferny grove are going to have a practice match against kedron soon. Should be interesting??

A team dropping two divisions in Kedron playing a start up team in Ferny Grove, that result could be very one sided ???

You seem to know a lot mate. Where do you get your information from so quick.

Good info Johnny, thanks.

A team dropping two divisions in Kedron playing a start up team in Ferny Grove, that result could be very one sided ???

You would think it should be very one sided... Kedron should be a strong contender this year

Wynnum dropped 2 divisions last year and were merely competitive in this league.

If Kedron fielded their seniors from 2014, they would romp it in. But they are no doubt dropping down because their senior blokes have all left.

Wynnum dropped 2 divisions last year and were merely competitive in this league.

If Kedron fielded their seniors from 2014, they would romp it in. But they are no doubt dropping down because their senior blokes have all left.
Got to remember wynum were pathetic the yr before the dropped of kedron were strong and this is why the won't even go close to loosing a game the reason for dropping down is numbers not quality

Got to remember wynum were pathetic the yr before the dropped of kedron were strong and this is why the won't even go close to loosing a game the reason for dropping down is numbers not quality
Have kept the better players in the 2s and also retained around half a dozen of the senior blokes.. No one will get close in my opinion

oh the complications of going up and down divisions .... lol

I not sure I like the idea of clubs have three teams in the comp, the reason they got so many players is they keep recruiting and wont release the ones they already got.
I know people will argue and say it all club loyalty etc etc but I think each club should be limited to a Seniors team and a Reserves team. any extra players should go to other another club. that will keep more clubs viable. more clubs competitive.

But yes I live in a dream world ....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will see confirmed teams in the next few weeks. It's just exciting to potentially have over 10 teams in this Comp again. It was a competitive league last year that saw great footy and even though woodsmen went through undefeated. Coming into to finals any of the top four could have one it.

You can't make predictions in this league cause it is so fickle with retaining players and you never know what super stars want a footy comeback which can change the standard of clubs from year to year.

Kedron may be strong if they have a few seniors staying in the club. But if it is majority 2's players and they think it will be an easy season for them. Well it will be a big wake up call. North side senior footy may be a big step up from 4ths footy but reserves footy from North div 2 is not.

Have kept the better players in the 2s and also retained around half a dozen of the senior blokes.. No one will get close in my opinion

Well I guess we all now know who you play for. I saw Kedron drop players back for a few games last year, and they weren't influential at all. There will be more than one side that will be competitive with Kedron, regardless of how many senior players they have kept.

We will see confirmed teams in the next few weeks. It's just exciting to potentially have over 10 teams in this Comp again. It was a competitive league last year that saw great footy and even though woodsmen went through undefeated. Coming into to finals any of the top four could have one it.

I thought that going into the finals. Then I saw the GF and an 8 goal quarter time lead and a procession from that point on and realised the gulf between #1 and #2 was huge.

I thought that going into the finals. Then I saw the GF and an 8 goal quarter time lead and a procession from that point on and realised the gulf between #1 and #2 was huge.

And a team in Wynnum that didn't have a plan B when it came to their game plan. When their switch was shut down, they all of a sudden looked like deer in headlights.

As for the teams going in to this year, the Woodsmen could again be strong, or could lose a bunch of talent and be back with the pack. The interesting one will be Morningside, as it sounds like they will have a side in this comp, and how many ex-NEAFL and QAFL players is that side going to have in it ??

Probably when they know what teams are in.

Yeronga, Woodsmen, Colly Park, Zillmere, Ferny Grove, UQ, Jimboomba, Mayne & Kenmore all sound like they are certainties for this comp. So at least 9 sides?

Then you have Springfield, Wynnum, Ipswich, Kedron, Sandgate, Morningside & possibly a 2nd UQ side all making noises about being in this comp.

Would be a nightmare trying to even plan a draw!

Probably when they know what teams are in.

Yeronga, Woodsmen, Colly Park, Zillmere, Ferny Grove, UQ, Jimboomba, Mayne & Kenmore all sound like they are certainties for this comp. So at least 9 sides?

Then you have Springfield, Wynnum, Ipswich, Kedron, Sandgate, Morningside & possibly a 2nd UQ side all making noises about being in this comp.

Would be a nightmare trying to even plan a draw!

You are not wrong there !! So Wynnum want a senior and reserves side in QAFA A, as well as keeping a side in this comp ??

You are not wrong there !! So Wynnum want a senior and reserves side in QAFA A, as well as keeping a side in this comp ??
Calm down mr nut ;) We are going up but only with two teams. We have plenty of numbers, it's just squaring away with the big wigs at aflq this week to finalise everything to guarantee it :)

Calm down mr nut ;) We are going up but only with two teams. We have plenty of numbers, it's just squaring away with the big wigs at aflq this week to finalise everything to guarantee it :)

Just asking the question. It's getting close to footy season, hard to not be excited. You guys must be doing something right to have the numbers to keep a team in QAFA B, as well as going up a division and having a senior and reserves side. I actually hope you guys do real well in QAFA A as there were plenty of naysayers that gave QAFA B zero credibility.

Perhaps we should just have a few clubs with 5-6 teams each. Or is expanding into new areas what we are trying to achieve. still feels to me like new clubs will struggle for players as bigger clubs can attract so easiliy.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back