2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

You Woodsmen blokes are turning into real sooks. Fair enough the umpire made an error or judgement on the stretcher issue by the sounds of it, but the stretcher should be out there before play is stopped - obviously the Woodsmen trainer wasn't organised and didn't have it on the bench where it should be.

As for a bit of banter from the umpires, suck it up. Never heard such a pack of whingers.

"Sources tell me an umpire sledged a player". Stop hiding and admit you clearly play for the team, and by the level of tears - you may have been the player sledged!

What is going on down there Thommo 42 ? Your club is becoming a bunch of sooks who hide behind pseudonyms to whinge on the internet. You should be embarassed.

Back to the footy....

Jimboomba clearly now warming up nicely. Guise will be a huge in for them if they keep him all year. Zillmere clearly will be a different team week to week. Looking at the side they put out against Kedron, then 12 changes a week later against the Woodsmen, then 8 of those guys missing against Jimboomba. They are going to confuse people with their results, but their best 22, is probably the best side in it.

Should be an interesting year.
I think you may need your facts straight by saying the trainer was not organised. The stretcher was half way across the ground before the ump took any notice of what was going on. The woodsmen runner was screaming at the umpire to stop play but was been ignored. And when he finally stopped play he responded with remarks like "well just hurry up and get it out here", amongst some things. No respect for the injured player whatsoever, not a good look

"Sources tell me an umpire sledged a player". Stop hiding and admit you clearly play for the team, and by the level of tears - you may have been the player sledged!

Nope, wasn't there. Was exactly how I posted. And as for hiding behind a pseudonym, that's a big call coming from you !!

Given Kedron have functional lights and are located in a central position, it's strange they've been allowed to play Saturday.

However, it is a great venue for Saturday arvo footy, and I imagine they won't be in this comp for more than this year - so why make the change for only 12 months..?

Yes it was a nice day out for the family, and good for the club itself - ie lots more people there than there drinking beer than there would be on a cold Friday night. The Saturday games are just tough on some teams which makes for a very strong home ground advantage. Jimboomba has the same benefit. But it doesn't really matter - the best team still wins the flag.

Yep we (Yeronga) had 8 out. That included a few injuries, but it's safe to say Saturday football is not good for us. Hard not to ask if this almost entirely Friday night competition shouldn't just be a Friday night competition?

Having said that, Kedron's top handful of players were a cut above. Mr G Fitzgibbon, for example, will be giving a bunch of us nightmares for a while. Very difficult match up for any side, I reckon. Having our full squad would have made the result only a touch more respectable.

Another couple of shocking day time factors - the sun! And the firm, dry deck! Ha ha, it doesn't take long to forget the mysteries of the red egg. The ball doesn't slide straight on and suddenly it was keystone cops time.

Gonna ignore your stacking comment Pea Nut in order to let the other 20 or 30 times you've made it speak for themselves :)

George is a gun. He was in the best 3-4 players in qfa nth last yr and a running machine so I think he will dominate this comp

I think you may need your facts straight by saying the trainer was not organised. The stretcher was half way across the ground before the ump took any notice of what was going on. The woodsmen runner was screaming at the umpire to stop play but was been ignored. And when he finally stopped play he responded with remarks like "well just hurry up and get it out here", amongst some things. No respect for the injured player whatsoever, not a good look
I was involved in the tackle in which the woodsman bloke was injured. It was very clear that it was serious. The game wasn't on a knife edge, and pretty sure woodsmen were in possession of the footy. Play just had to be stopped.

Apart from that, the umpires did a great job. They were consistent all night, which is all I ever ask. Never heard the sledge, but I'm stuck down one end of the ground all night.

Woodsman great to play against, move the footy very well and we did as best as we could have expected against a team like that. Pity the score blew out in the fourth, but we couldn't get a touch of it at the end of the day. Tell you what, Kedron vs Woodsman will be a great watch when they play.

Thanks again woodsmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did

Didn't get a red card. Boundary umpire( colly park hierarchy) was out of line and shouldn't be trying to report that. Good game , they were lucky we had 3 serious injuries and a 15 minute yellow card
Your lucky they scored 15 behinds would have been even more of an embarrassment

We got up by 50 odd points. Ferny Grove got off to a flyer and at one stage had 7.0 on the board and couldn't miss.

I think we kicked 13.13, i should know - i was doing the scoreboard!

Can't blame the Baker the Butcher either, did his knee in first 5 minutes. Not a great night with another key mid dislocating his hip.

Ferny a top bunch of blokes, very fit and athletic.

Just noticed this post.

Does this mean you blokes have lost Baker for the season? Could put a bit of a dent in your Premiership defence...

I notice Sean Toohey played his first game on Friday night and kicked a few sausages, and ex Gold Coast Sun Gerard Moore is a pretty good pickup, lucky you have him if Baker really has done his knee!

Just noticed this post.

Does this mean you blokes have lost Baker for the season? Could put a bit of a dent in your Premiership defence...

I notice Sean Toohey played his first game on Friday night and kicked a few sausages, and ex Gold Coast Sun Gerard Moore is a pretty good pickup, lucky you have him if Baker really has done his knee!

WOW !!! Ex Gold Coast Suns player. Now that sounds like a guy who has the potential to kick an insurmountable score !!

He's a little bit overrated to be honest, no idea why the Suns ever took him. But at this level, he should dominate - he's a big boy and was a quality ruckman for Labrador in the NEAFL and in the Western Magpies 2012 Div 1 Premiership.

Didn't realise Baker had done his knee early in the game. Make it an impressive win.

You Woodsmen blokes are turning into real sooks. Fair enough the umpire made an error or judgement on the stretcher issue by the sounds of it, but the stretcher should be out there before play is stopped - obviously the Woodsmen trainer wasn't organised and didn't have it on the bench where it should be.

As for a bit of banter from the umpires, suck it up. Never heard such a pack of whingers.

What is going on down there Thommo 42 ? Your club is becoming a bunch of sooks who hide behind pseudonyms to whinge on the internet. You should be embarassed.

Back to the footy....

Jimboomba clearly now warming up nicely. Guise will be a huge in for them if they keep him all year. Zillmere clearly will be a different team week to week. Looking at the side they put out against Kedron, then 12 changes a week later against the Woodsmen, then 8 of those guys missing against Jimboomba. They are going to confuse people with their results, but their best 22, is probably the best side in it.

Should be an interesting year.

Maybe you should pull out the rule book QAFL Fan before you go quoting it. 7.3.1, Any player who is injured during a match and who in the opinion of a doctor, trainer or official, requires the assistance of a stretcher, shall be attended by the teams training staff as soon as possible, (a) upon being advised or noticing that a player requires a stretcher the field umpire shall stop play at the earliest opportunity. It does not say when the stretcher is on the field, it says when advised or notices !! You cant mess around with player safety !!!

Yes it was a nice day out for the family, and good for the club itself - ie lots more people there than there drinking beer than there would be on a cold Friday night. The Saturday games are just tough on some teams which makes for a very strong home ground advantage. Jimboomba has the same benefit. But it doesn't really matter - the best team still wins the flag.

We played a Friday night game at Kedron in the 2014 season and it was like a grave yard. Cold foggy and absolutely no one at the ground. Was a dismal atmosphere that night.

Don't know where to start with all this dribble.

Knighty the bloke who dislocated (and broke) his hip is in for surgery tomorrow. I was up in the scoreboard and it did seem like the umpire took an awfully long time to stop play despite the pleas from our runner and trainer, which was unfortunate. As for the sledging, again - not something I expect, but each to their own.

Thought it was a good night, the Falcons boys hung around for our free barbie and plenty of beers and put in a good showing. It was frustrating to lose Baker in the first minute, but we dont yet know the diagnosis. Obviously midfielders that kick 60+ goals a year don't grow on trees!

finally got our skipper back for the first time all year after a bad ankle injury, it was like he never left. Pure class and will be a big inclusion for the rest of the season.

Luckily for us, we have a bit more depth this year. Rotating players, actually picking a team instead of chasing one etc. I enjoyed my spot up in the scoreboard with a beer on Friday, might do it again this week!

Don't know where to start with all this dribble.

Knighty the bloke who dislocated (and broke) his hip is in for surgery tomorrow. I was up in the scoreboard and it did seem like the umpire took an awfully long time to stop play despite the pleas from our runner and trainer, which was unfortunate. As for the sledging, again - not something I expect, but each to their own.

Thought it was a good night, the Falcons boys hung around for our free barbie and plenty of beers and put in a good showing. It was frustrating to lose Baker in the first minute, but we dont yet know the diagnosis. Obviously midfielders that kick 60+ goals a year don't grow on trees!

finally got our skipper back for the first time all year after a bad ankle injury, it was like he never left. Pure class and will be a big inclusion for the rest of the season.

Luckily for us, we have a bit more depth this year. Rotating players, actually picking a team instead of chasing one etc. I enjoyed my spot up in the scoreboard with a beer on Friday, might do it again this week!
That's not good I hope he will be OK. That's a terrible injury and one not often heard off. I wish all the best to him and his extended footy family. We have had four in for surgery so far this year. Its still a pretty tough game for what some call a social league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know why Forbes is playing for Woodsmen? That is a great pick up, if they can keep him fit, their mids should hit him all the time & will be no loss losing baker.
Sorry to hear about the fella in for surgery, sounds like a freak accident. Hope he recovers well.
Sandgate are going to be up and down week to week. At the highest think they can be classed as a top team, was a good win over UQ. Still to be tested against Zillmere & Kedron.

Cant pick the results, what a great season this year. Lets hope someone can beat Kedron, no one likes an undefeated team.

Does anyone know why Forbes is playing for Woodsmen? That is a great pick up, if they can keep him fit, their mids should hit him all the time & will be no loss losing baker.
Sorry to hear about the fella in for surgery, sounds like a freak accident. Hope he recovers well.
Sandgate are going to be up and down week to week. At the highest think they can be classed as a top team, was a good win over UQ. Still to be tested against Zillmere & Kedron.

Cant pick the results, what a great season this year. Lets hope someone can beat Kedron, no one likes an undefeated team.

I will have a guess at the reason why Forbes is playing at Woodsmen.

Hierarchy:
Magpies Seniors - Long pre-season, big commitment, lots of training, hard on the body, QAFL.
Woodsmen - No pre-season, no commitment, fun, a bunch of ex senior magpies players having a run around for fun, their motto is something about drinking alcohol, QAFA B Central.
Magpies Reserves - Long pre-season, big commitment, lots of training, hard on the body, QAFL Reserves.

I think this might sum it up.

Kedron shaping as Jimboomba of 09.

Undefeated all year, then bang bang and out in finals when the good sides put their squads together.

I still can't go past Zillmere if all the guys they have available to them actually play together in the finals, especially if Baker is gone for the year.

I will have a guess at the reason why Forbes is playing at Woodsmen.

Hierarchy:
Magpies Seniors - Long pre-season, big commitment, lots of training, hard on the body, QAFL.
Woodsmen - No pre-season, no commitment, fun, a bunch of ex senior magpies players having a run around for fun, their motto is something about drinking alcohol, QAFA B Central.
Magpies Reserves - Long pre-season, big commitment, lots of training, hard on the body, QAFL Reserves.

I think this might sum it up.

Except that Forbes played in a Premiership with Zillmere in 2013 and played for Sandgate in 2014 and Sandgate are pretty similar to the Woodsmen in terms of their relationship to Sandgate QAFL.

So why would be go across 5 suburbs to change clubs? Very strange

Woodsmen - No pre-season, no commitment, fun, a bunch of ex senior magpies players having a run around for fun, their motto is something about drinking

A bunch?

By my reckoning they have 5 tops. Mihapolous, Dobson, Toohey, Moore & Baker?

Who else? Unless you include Mcdonal and Hammil - and Thommo 42 has said they are only fill ins

Some of their best players are just random blokes who nobody has ever heard of, like Monaghan last year who dominated and then dissappeared. Or Peel who used to play for them.

Forbes came to woodsmen because he is friends with jay 'the butcher' baker and they wanted to play a season together. Will be surprised if anyone goes through the season without a loss. Have seen every team play now and don't think there is much between. Woodsmen, zilmere Sandgate, jimboomba or Kedron.

Completely disagree with providing any level of power to unqualified club volunteers. Allows way too much opportunity for outside biased influence on a game. Not what is needed.

And you are keen on the mobile phone one. Did you tape any games on your phone this past weekend ?? Got any good footage for us all here ??

And Kedron's result is far from surprising. Game was played on a Saturday for one, which leaves Yeronga with several players unavailable, as well as completely nullifying Yeronga's much loved stacking of their thirds. 15 goals 24 sounds more like wayward kicking than a very solid scoreline !!!!

I can relate to sitting on the other side of the fence re club umpires reporting players. But I just detest grubs/thugs in our game. The club umpire does have the power to red card a bloke though?

For me it's a worry that a grub can do enough to get red carded then just show up the next week all because a club umpire doesn't have the required rights to report the culprit. Thankfully it doesn't sound like we're in drastic need for it to happen. Something to consider though.

Re the phone, more so for the above type situation, where a member of the coaching staff or supporter that is witnessing some repeat behaviour, the opportunity is there to get evidence. Likewise the opposition can then front to the tribunal with their own evidence etc etc. I'm just saying, it's easy to cover your side of the story nowadays.

As for Kedron, yeah a class above but they are not alone as we know. We'll just see if they can produce solid results in the finals playing on a friday night under lights.

Sounds like Yeronga need to get better at stacking ...haven't won a premiership yet...couldn't beat UQ this season, maybe the blokes who usually drop back weren't available that night?
QAFL as an old retired bloke who is handy on reviewing team lists, how guilty are Yeronga of said stacking over the past couple of seasons?

From my understanding if a stretcher is called then play must stop and the stretcher must be used and if not then the player cannot come back on for 15/20min anyway. Shit would have been painful a dislocated hip. Requires a lot of large muscles to be torn for this to happen

I can relate to sitting on the other side of the fence re club umpires reporting players. But I just detest grubs/thugs in our game. The club umpire does have the power to red card a bloke though?

For me it's a worry that a grub can do enough to get red carded then just show up the next week all because a club umpire doesn't have the required rights to report the culprit. Thankfully it doesn't sound like we're in drastic need for it to happen. Something to consider though.

Re the phone, more so for the above type situation, where a member of the coaching staff or supporter that is witnessing some repeat behaviour, the opportunity is there to get evidence. Likewise the opposition can then front to the tribunal with their own evidence etc etc. I'm just saying, it's easy to cover your side of the story nowadays.

As for Kedron, yeah a class above but they are not alone as we know. We'll just see if they can produce solid results in the finals playing on a friday night under lights.

Sounds like Yeronga need to get better at stacking ...haven't won a premiership yet...couldn't beat UQ this season, maybe the blokes who usually drop back weren't available that night?
QAFL as an old retired bloke who is handy on reviewing team lists, how guilty are Yeronga of said stacking over the past couple of seasons?
I didn't know that a club umpire cannot report a player. This is a huge hole in our game. If a player has been sent off then he's stuffed up in a big way. This leaves the door open for any game where club umpires are involved to go the man without any worries of missing games. If we give the man the whistle than we give him the right to control the game and all aspects of it. It may not be the best solution but its has to be done.
No player should feel free to do what ever they want and know they can get away with it. This is when things get out of control. If there not out there to play footy the game doesn't need them.
With the comp hitting the midway of the season it starts to pan out. Clubs have their injury's and I'm sure there's more to come. With most clubs only having one team depth becomes more critical. I don't think we have seen to many teams put their best 22 on the track at the same time so far this year.
Its the last couple of rounds when clubs who know they are in finals will start to settle on a side.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back