2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumours that Zillmere are struggling to get a team and that the new coach that came across has pulled the pin already? Any truth to this?

Lots of Zillmere to sandgate transfers on the clearance page. Don't think your mail on the coach is correct, from what I've heard they have had to build a side from scratch due to last year coach moving and lots following him, and the coach this year is doing a decent job at getting the numbers, plus some handy players.

the draft draw should be out today. Starting 10/11 April and they are looking at a top 6 instead of a top 5 last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's great to look at oldman. Can anyone explain though how it is physically possible to have a top 6 finals format that only lasts 3 weeks ???

Week 1- 3 v 6 4 v 5
Week 2 1 v winner 4 v 5
2 v winner 3 v 6
Week 3- winner v winner.

It's a crap system. No second chance for high finish. Team 6 has just as much chance as team 3 on ladder. Final 5 is fairer but in such a big comp, is a tough call.

Week 1- 3 v 6 4 v 5
Week 2 1 v winner 4 v 5
2 v winner 3 v 6
Week 3- winner v winner.

It's a crap system. No second chance for high finish. Team 6 has just as much chance as team 3 on ladder. Final 5 is fairer but in such a big comp, is a tough call.

Thanks, and yes, that is a bogus system. Why not just do Top 6, 4 weeks final series, surely that is the most sensible option, especially considering Top 5 requires 4 weeks anyway ????

Will be tougher than usual to pick this comp, almost as many teams as rounds...factor in the usual movements from week to week and it'll be tricky to pick on form

Will be tougher than usual to pick this comp, almost as many teams as rounds...factor in the usual movements from week to week and it'll be tricky to pick on form

Totally agree Thurgood. 14 teams is great. It will also be interesting to see the depth of the competition this year. I think it might be pretty damn good. Having looked over the preliminary draw, what does everyone think?? I noticed that there aren't too many Saturday games. Just the standard ones we have come to expect over the last few years. Does the draw favour some teams more than others ??

Totally agree Thurgood. 14 teams is great. It will also be interesting to see the depth of the competition this year. I think it might be pretty damn good. Having looked over the preliminary draw, what does everyone think?? I noticed that there aren't too many Saturday games. Just the standard ones we have come to expect over the last few years. Does the draw favour some teams more than others ??

Should be be great for footy. I think Ipswich having to travel a lot, wether or not that impacts on their performance away we will have to wait and see. Ferny Grove seemed to get a decent draw not to much extreme travel. I think top 5 or 6 may be a lot closer this year.

Having actually been at the meeting, I can confirm the following:

There will be a Top 6. We essentially had a vote, and I think I was the only one in favour of a Top 5. With a Top 6, you can finish 3rd and go out in the first week, thats the only downfall - but we eventually agreed this is fine.

Everyone plays each other once, then the handful of return games were to be determined by geography and/or Saturday games.

Having actually been at the meeting, I can confirm the following:

There will be a Top 6. We essentially had a vote, and I think I was the only one in favour of a Top 5. With a Top 6, you can finish 3rd and go out in the first week, thats the only downfall - but we eventually agreed this is fine.

Everyone plays each other once, then the handful of return games were to be determined by geography and/or Saturday games.

Why didn't anyone ask about or suggest a better top 6 finals structure than the one that was decided on ??

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back