2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone watch that game, able to explain wtf happened? Didn't give Coorparoo any chance of winning this one.
I'd say karmaking put it nicely a couple days ago when he said a good team vs a good team can go either way. Coorparoo got a sniff early and didn't look back.

Watched sandgate play. I did say after their first game that they lacked guys willing to go and get the hard ball and they would get their pants pulled down against a better side, thats exactly what happened tonight. Under a handful of guys willing to win contested footy against a bigger cooparoo outfit, even their backline tonight which is usually tough and rebounding looked switched off and had heaps of skill errors. Dissapointing game from sandgate, not to take anything away from cooparoo, they were by far the better team on the night.

Nice to be playing at home again.

Very scrappy game against Mayne tonight, bit of a rolling maul with plenty of skill errors.

As usual, great fun and Tigers a top bunch of blokes who patronised the bar and enjoyed a snag from the barbie.

Just arrived home from our ppst homecoming celebrations, a bit dusty.

Good that the comp is heating up

Ferny Grove over Collingwood Park by 7 points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I said it early in the year. For a first year team they play good hard footy. You will know your in a game with them. Ferny grove will get better every week. Just got to keep the same team for a while on the paddock.

I said it early in the year. For a first year team they play good hard footy. You will know your in a game with them. Ferny grove will get better every week. Just got to keep the same team for a while on the paddock.
Did you see the game?? Who were your standouts if you did?

Cooparoo were written off early this year as a mid table / bottom table team. Good to see them making a stand by knocking off the ladder leaders. All credit to you lads!!
Sandgate were hardly ladder leaders. They were there based on who they had played, and big percentage. Lets not get too excited.

There are 7 or 8 teams in this Comp who can knock over any team on their day. Add in the fact that because it is social footy mostly for guys who can't commit 100 percent teams will change each week and the top six will prob come down to the final week of fixtures. Much more fun than knowing the winner or top 6 by round 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A big thanks to to Ipswich cats today. Game played in good spirits and thanks for hanging around and having a beer. At the end of the day that's what footy is about.

Did you see the game?? Who were your standouts if you did?
Is it normal in this league for umpires to be completely unapproachable?

I know this is a touchy subject and we have to watch what we say. I also know we should be happy to even have umpires in this league but last night was so difficult to watch. Both captains approached one of the umpires at half time and were told to "go away"

I know this is a touchy subject and we have to watch what we say. I also know we should be happy to even have umpires in this league but last night was so difficult to watch. Both captains approached one of the umpires at half time and were told to "go away"

Not a red headed bloke per chance? I recall seeing Yeronga v Woodsmen last year, the first time the teams met over at Yeronga. He was woeful and a certified dickhead to boot. But at the end of the night the better team won and were able to get away with only 9 50mtrs paid against them and a yellow card.

Coorparoo hey! Beware the Kings. Although I think the rest of the comp has taken notice and will ensure they bring their A game.

This will comp will still be the most interesting over the course of the year. The quality may not be there but it'll keep us guessing!!

Some big heads down at Kedron from what I hear around the traps. Think they might be in for a shock when the whips are cracking later in the year!
Wow mate that's a big statement there. Big heads I didn't think you were one to go in for gossip. All you can do is play the game in front of you. We rotate players and try and make sure pressure is on for spots. Doesn't matter what division you play we all aim to improve. We are building a club back up from a near disaster. Big heads no way but big hearts and enjoying their footy yes. Yes your right at the end of the year their is a flag to be won. In my opinion there are 4 or five teams that have an equal shot at it. A healthy respect for your opponent is what I preach as well as self improvement. Unless you are in the inner circle you really don't know. But I suppose that's what this forum dishes up at times.

Thanks for the tip mate. I'm pretty sure no one has a superiority complex. We have all been on the end of some hidings in our time. I tell the lads to enjoy the moment and the small success along the way as it could all be over tomorrow. That's the way life goes.

A big shout out to Ben Long and the Zillmere boys for hosting the Red Lions on Friday night for what was a cracking night all round. So much dew that it was like playing wet weather footy but so nice to play a good bunch of guys who played hard but fair. We hate losing.....just saying.... but walked away well satisfied that really enjoyable Friday night footy was the winner.

Hey Fal I usually umpire Friday's every fortnight and even tho some would say "that's too often for them" I would like to think we are approachable by the Captains but it could depend on the situation. Without being at the game I can't comment but I assume you play for Ferny Grove and I would be surprised if this was the case as the umpires who I believe did your game are very approachable and experienced with this competition. I'm not saying it didn't happen but as they say "There are always 2 sides to every story"

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back