2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty hot day for footy out redbacks way today. I say that as tempers were on show. Not on the ground but in the redbacks coaching box. The game had just started and we were drawn to the fight going on. Pretty loud and very ugly situation. Don't know what started it but i didn't watch the game for a good 5 minutes.
Not a good look with all the kids around.
Having said that the game was a really good hit out and looks like it will be a rematch in a few weeks time.

They are unique breed out there aren't they? And in the past have had tendencies to blow up internally.

Maybe an earlier post suggesting things are not all rosy down there wasn't far from the truth?

Was at the redbacks game today and I'm not sure if the pink jerseys got to there head cause they played like a bunch of pussys that looked scared to pick up the ball.

S
Pretty hot day for footy out redbacks way today. I say that as tempers were on show. Not on the ground but in the redbacks coaching box. The game had just started and we were drawn to the fight going on. Pretty loud and very ugly situation. Don't know what started it but i didn't watch the game for a good 5 minutes.
Not a good look with all the kids around.
Having said that the game was a really good hit out and looks like it will be a rematch in a few weeks time.
seen plenty of fights down there both on and off the field. It's like footy is 2nd thought

All I am seeing coming into the final weeks is that teams will give kedren a run if they have a fully fit side, and I have been watching Jimboomba play these last couple of weeks and I tell you what there stucture just fell away against kedren.
From what I have heard and the way kedren played against Jimboomba they are a strong side for at least 3 quarters coaches and players have challages set to them before and during the game at the moment kedren are stepping up to them challages the best.
From the past Jimboomba and Woodsman are the two teams that can step up to those challages kedren set to them.

Heard along the grape vine that little boy Ryan Yorston was pretty happy with his performance this weekend. Telling every man and his dog he was best on and kicked 3 while out on the circuit. Flag in the bag too apparently. Don't count ya chickens before they hatch a wise man said.

All I am seeing coming into the final weeks is that teams will give kedren a run if they have a fully fit side, and I have been watching Jimboomba play these last couple of weeks and I tell you what there stucture just fell away against kedren.
From what I have heard and the way kedren played against Jimboomba they are a strong side for at least 3 quarters coaches and players have challages set to them before and during the game at the moment kedren are stepping up to them challages the best.
From the past Jimboomba and Woodsman are the two teams that can step up to those challages kedren set to them.

Thanks for the insight mate !!! Welcome to the forum !!

Well last week of home and away footy. Some big games this week to see who gets second spot.
Woodsman and jimboomba are less than 1% point apart.
Both teams I'm sure will want the double chance.
Zillmere are pushing for it as well.
Should make for some interesting views on this thread this week.

Sandgate need to win by 119 to swap spots with zillmere. And even then they will still play eachother in finals rd 1.
Kedron play cats. Nice game before their finals bye.
Both woodys and redbacks hoping for a good win to either jump or stay in 2nd to get the week off...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandgate need to win by 119 to swap spots with zillmere. And even then they will still play eachother in finals rd 1.
Kedron play cats. Nice game before their finals bye.
Both woodys and redbacks hoping for a good win to either jump or stay in 2nd to get the week off...
I didn't have sandgate in the mix for top two. Who will have the biggest winning margin. That's the question. Zillmere and sandgate could be close so they might not get to much %. Woodsman quality side with the ability to score well.
Redbacks home game on a Saturday. Will the opposition turn up with a full list.
So I think it comes down to two.
Redbacks have the advantage as they will know what they have to score before the game.

Based on the personnel and results from the Woodsmen the past 2 weeks, I imagine they would be more worried about actually beating Collingwood Park than they would be the margin. Appear to be really struggling.

Interesting final week though, and reports of a big coaches blowup down at Jimboomba are interesting.

Based on the weekends result, which surprised me a little, I'd suggest it's Kedron's to lose with only Zillmere and Woodsmen as potential challengers if they can get something close to their best teams on the park.

I'm amazed that everyone has written off Coorparoo and Sandgate from making any impact in the finals. From what I hear Sandgate haven't been at full strength once this season but will be coming next weeks final. They beat a full strength Zillmere comfortably not at full strength themselves. Coorparoo defeated Woodsmen and beat Sandgate. Sandgate were well under strength against Kedron and Woodsmen as was a Saturday game and under strength against Jimboomba and only lost by 20pts. Coorparoo were understrength against Zillmere. I seriously think any of the top 6 can beat one another at full strength and that goes for Kedron. I think there will be some surprises in this finals series

I'm amazed that everyone has written off Coorparoo and Sandgate from making any impact in the finals. From what I hear Sandgate haven't been at full strength once this season but will be coming next weeks final. They beat a full strength Zillmere comfortably not at full strength themselves. Coorparoo defeated Woodsmen and beat Sandgate. Sandgate were well under strength against Kedron and Woodsmen as was a Saturday game and under strength against Jimboomba and only lost by 20pts. Coorparoo were understrength against Zillmere. I seriously think any of the top 6 can beat one another at full strength and that goes for Kedron. I think there will be some surprises in this finals series
I'm certainly not writing off anybody. I'm only looking at who gets second spot. Anyone who makes finals is in with a chance.

Sandgate will never be full strength, their best forward plays for the Woodsmen now!

I think its probably fair to say that all this talk of who has who in and out is beyond us all now. Given the demographics of most teams, with plenty of 'over 30's' who have been there and done that, you have to accept that teams will never be full strength and you just have to do the best with what you have.

Good luck with everyone though.

Woodsmen to defeat Power by 5 goals
Kenmore to smash Ipswich
Mayne to overcome Falcons in a tight one
Zillmere to pip Sandgate at the post
Coorparoo to slaughter Yeronga
Jimboomba to smash UQ and secure 2nd spot
Kedron to roll up with 10 blokes and still beat the Cats by 20 goals

I predict final ladder positions to be

1. Kedron
2. Redbacks
3. Woodies
4. Zillmere
5. Sandgate
6. Coorparoo

Finals playing out as follows:

Woodies defeat Kings
Zillmere defeat Sandgate

Kedron defeat Redbacks
Zillmere defeat Woodies

Zillmere defeat Redbacks

Kedron defeat Zillmere after being down at 3/4 time and staring down barrel of a boilover, but Dad's army at Zillmere to run out of puff :)

Sandgate will never be full strength, their best forward plays for the Woodsmen now!

I think its probably fair to say that all this talk of who has who in and out is beyond us all now. Given the demographics of most teams, with plenty of 'over 30's' who have been there and done that, you have to accept that teams will never be full strength and you just have to do the best with what you have.

Good luck with everyone though.

Woodsmen to defeat Power by 5 goals
Kenmore to smash Ipswich
Mayne to overcome Falcons in a tight one
Zillmere to pip Sandgate at the post
Coorparoo to slaughter Yeronga
Jimboomba to smash UQ and secure 2nd spot
Kedron to roll up with 10 blokes and still beat the Cats by 20 goals

I predict final ladder positions to be

1. Kedron
2. Redbacks
3. Woodies
4. Zillmere
5. Sandgate
6. Coorparoo

Finals playing out as follows:

Woodies defeat Kings
Zillmere defeat Sandgate

Kedron defeat Redbacks
Zillmere defeat Woodies

Zillmere defeat Redbacks

Kedron defeat Zillmere after being down at 3/4 time and staring down barrel of a boilover, but Dad's army at Zillmere to run out of puff :)
Well if Forbes plays elsewhere now why would he be apart of Sandgates full strength side now. I disagree that there best forward is now at woodies, Forbes a great target and player to have but his body is shot. I would have Widt any day of the week. But that's just me, hence why he has kicked 80 goals or so. But wouldn't mind Fitzgibbon or Forbes either ha ha

What do you mean. They have already been played. Can't you see the results above :) ?

I'm the leading tipster around these parts.

Well if Forbes plays elsewhere now why would he be apart of Sandgates full strength side now. I disagree that there best forward is now at woodies, Forbes a great target and player to have but his body is shot. I would have Widt any day of the week. But that's just me, hence why he has kicked 80 goals or so. But wouldn't mind Fitzgibbon or Forbes either ha ha

It was tongue in cheek mate. Having said that, if his body is shot - he's gone to the right club.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back