Position 2015 SuperCoach rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the rucks are doing my head in!!

How are the new ruck scoring rules really going to effect ruckmen's scores? If we go by Mumford's 99 in a half of football then that suggests it won't have much of an impact at all.

If NicNat plays NAB3 I'll probably start with him but his injury troubles is a concern. I don't want to be wasting trades on rucks this year.

I'm leaning towards starting with Jacobs & Goldstein, they're the most durable rucks, rarely miss games and should be up the top end of scoring barring injuries. Is it a mistake though to pay $621k for Jacobs? Is he too expensive to warrant a starting selection? That is of course IF the new rules mean that ruckmen are overpriced.

Is there any merit in starting with a cheaper, riskier ruck set-up of NicNat and Zac Smith. If they can both stay fit they should appreciate nicely.

Thoughts?

Now the rucks are doing my head in!!

How are the new ruck scoring rules really going to effect ruckmen's scores? If we go by Mumford's 99 in a half of football then that suggests it won't have much of an impact at all.

If NicNat plays NAB3 I'll probably start with him but his injury troubles is a concern. I don't want to be wasting trades on rucks this year.

I'm leaning towards starting with Jacobs & Goldstein, they're the most durable rucks, rarely miss games and should be up the top end of scoring barring injuries. Is it a mistake though to pay $621k for Jacobs? Is he too expensive to warrant a starting selection? That is of course IF the new rules mean that ruckmen are overpriced.

Is there any merit in starting with a cheaper, riskier ruck set-up of NicNat and Zac Smith. If they can both stay fit they should appreciate nicely.

Thoughts?
maric, nicnat and read for me
i think marics around the ground stuffs should make points changes less relevant.
imo nic nats about to raise scoring anyways so once again less risk.
read's for dpp only want the option down the track.
I cant work out why peeps would chose last years top priced rucks i reckon jacobs and goldy will drop value. only way for them to go imo.

I think Goldie is priced pretty well and is durable as they come.
I also like Ivan hes handy around the ground,but could be rested at times unsure how games he will miss.
But still unsure on the new tap rule,also hard to get a read on it because rucks really dont push them selfs in the preseason games.

I think Goldie is priced pretty well and is durable as they come.
I also like Ivan hes handy around the ground,but could be rested at times unsure how games he will miss.
But still unsure on the new tap rule,also hard to get a read on it because rucks really dont push them selfs in the preseason games.

this article is a couple of years old and put me off Maric a bit

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...off-groin-injury/story-fni5f9jb-1226674526511

"We always knew he was probably going to miss a couple," Hardwick said.

"The big thing for him is just getting his body right. It's going to be an ongoing issue throughout the remainder of his career - he's just got to manage his body

Minson needs to be better around the round IMHO hopefully he shows something in Nab3.
Like hes price tho.

His SC score in his last nab game was encouraging
played 2014 injured and hating the coach apparently.
He's good and a clear R1 which is my ruck criteria

Mummy and Minson for me.

Only issue is do I have ryder (if playing) or lycett fwd for the one week cover scenario

Your going to need more than 1 weeks cover if your going Mummy.

2 thing I can say with confidence, Mummy will go huge whilst he is playing, and Mummy will miss a chunk of the season at some point.

As for who to use as cover, Ryder is a better option, but with the cloud of uncertainty hanging over his head, its hard to be comfortable having him in your side.

Your going to need more than 1 weeks cover if your going Mummy.

2 thing I can say with confidence, Mummy will go huge whilst he is playing, and Mummy will miss a chunk of the season at some point.

As for who to use as cover, Ryder is a better option, but with the cloud of uncertainty hanging over his head, its hard to be comfortable having him in your side.

If you go with Mummy & NicNat instead of say Jacobs/Goldy you could use the cash saved to have Phillips at R3 to cover for when Mummy is injured.

If you go with Mummy & NicNat instead of say Jacobs/Goldy you could use the cash saved to have Phillips at R3 to cover for when Mummy is injured.

You wise wise man mr Gingy

Who's r2 @ GWS? Lobb or Phillips?

There's your r3 right there. A lil expensive but cheaper than a Ryder/Lycett and guarantee insurance.

From what I read today, Phillips seems to be in contention for a R/F role this year. Reckon he would be ahead of Lobb in the pecking order, since Lobb is only 2nd year and all.

-----
The Giants knew before they picked McCarthy at No.14 in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft that he was a reliable kick: in one under-18s game for Western Australia, he kicked the match-winning goal after the siren.

He continues to improve his technique, but know it is a strength as he fights for a spot in the Giants' line-up.

"I've worked on it pretty hard over the pre-season, especially with blokes like Devon Smith and Jeremy Cameron. They're really good mentors to me and I can't wait to learn more from them," he said.

"Jimmy Stewart's had a ripper pre-season, Andrew Phillips has as well, so there's really good competition up forward and it's good to have people fighting for spots every week if you're going to have a strong team."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-16/giants-welcome-mccarthys-spanner-in-the-works

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that impact mummy...me thinks not

No, I doubt it wouldn't affect Mummy at all. In fact, it will probably help him play more games if he can have a breather during games. He's not exactly built to play 90+ minutes a game.

Last edited:
I lean the other way. I don't believe there is any chance at all they play Rd1. Would have to be found not guilty for this to happen.
They'll have to miss time, else WADA/ASADA 100% appeal. Even in the event the verdict or sanction is disputed, my understanding is their provisional suspension will continue until such a time as the matter is settled
Yep, I'm planning for no bombers that aren't rookie priced in my team.

he won't cover NN tho
How many condoms do we need FFS? If he's playing he covers both, same way as R/F.

If both your rucks are out together then you're ****ed every which way because NOONE has that type of coverage. The 'T' button is your friend ;)

How many condoms do we need FFS? If he's playing he covers both, same way as R/F.

If both your rucks are out together then you're stuffed every which way because NOONE has that type of coverage. The 'T' button is your friend ;)
haha, thought you were saying that if mummy goes down then he comes in. didn't realise you were saying that he will be playing anyway.

I'm starting to like the idea of starting with Zac Smith.

Suns first 5 games are - Melbourne, St Kilda, Geelong, Giants, Brisbane. Only real tough opponent is Mumford, should surely score enough to appreciate a bit. All he needs to do is stay fit for long enough to make a bit of money and I could then upgrade to whoever emerges as the best ruck. Best case he stays fit and averages 100.

Thoughts?

Suns first 5 games are - Melbourne, St Kilda, Geelong, Giants, Brisbane. Only real tough opponent is Mumford, should surely score enough to appreciate a bit. All he needs to do is stay fit for long enough to make a bit of money and I could then upgrade to whoever emerges as the best ruck. Best case he stays fit and averages 100.

Thoughts?

You don't rate the Leuey/Stef ruck combo? They will destroy Zac, whom you massively overrate based on what he has shown thus far.

Thoughts?
I wouldn't be picking a ruck for the sake of a little price rise in the first 5 weeks. Rucks are generally players you don't want to trade unless an injury occurs. Zac Smith is good, but he won't be a top 7-8 ruck by the seasons end. Geelong, Giants and Brisbane are all strong teams in the centre square, I would not be dismissing them. For the sake of 100k or so, you can get Maric / NN / Minson and maybe not require a trade at all in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back