Position 2015 SuperCoach rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldy seems to be perennially underappreciated by SC'ers everywhere.
I'd love to go into Rd 1 with him, just not sure I will fork out the cash given the seemingly under-priced options available
I'll take a ruckman that will average 110+ and play 22 games over a Leunberger/Kreuzer combo any day. Not sure if you can risk going with both Leuy and Kreuz. Goldy is underpriced too considering his slow start to the season last year, averaged 125ppg from round 12 to the elimination final including three scores of 166+ and six 130+ games in that period.

SC news: Rucks will now score a negative score for hit outs to disadvantage (sharked hit outs), does anyone know a site where I can find hit outs to advantage/disadvantage stats?

I'm told Sandilands leads the AFL in hit outs to disadvantage and Jacobs leads the AFL for hit outs to advantage, but I'd be keen to know the stats for others.

SC news: Rucks will now score a negative score for hit outs to disadvantage (sharked hit outs), does anyone know a site where I can find hit outs to advantage/disadvantage stats?

I'm told Sandilands leads the AFL in hit outs to disadvantage and Jacobs leads the AFL for hit outs to advantage, but I'd be keen to know the stats for others.

Hmmm that does make it interesting

Where does mumford sit as there midfield gets better

Ah crap. Do you know how many points are subtracted for a hit out to advantage.

Was 50-50 on Sauce but now I think I'm sold

That's shit. It will mean we see lower scores from ruckmen compared to recent seasons.

I'd imagine Naitanui would be pretty good, he can tap the ball 360 degrees. I think I'll be getting on the big Sauce though.

That's shit. It will mean we see lower scores from ruckmen compared to recent seasons.

I'd imagine Naitanui would be pretty good, he can tap the ball 360 degrees. I think I'll be getting on the big Sauce though.
Everyone will be facing the same dilemma. I'd say it would only be -2 for a hit out to disadvantage so won't take 100s of scores

Roughly speaking, the AFL average for rucks is 25% HO to advantage, 25% HO to disadvantage and 50% neutral (Sandi is 20% ad and 35% dis). If a ruck gets 40 HO, then on average his score will come down by 20 points per game if it's -2. That's a fair drop.

Roughly speaking, the AFL average for rucks is 25% HO to advantage, 25% HO to disadvantage and 50% neutral (Sandi is 20% ad and 35% dis). If a ruck gets 40 HO, then on average his score will come down by 20 points per game if it's -2. That's a fair drop.

Depends on the increase in score of hits to advantage.
If it becomes +6 or something then the balance changes

Depends on the increase in score of hits to advantage.
If it becomes +6 or something then the balance changes
Didn't realise there was an increase to scores for HO to ad. My bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting developments in the ruck scoring equation, hopefully the stats are available for ho adv/dadv somewhere. Looks like the tap ruckmen (Sam Jacobs particularly) will be the winners here over a crash and bash Shane Mumford type.

still going to play with 4 ruckman, hopefully using the DPP to advantage, such an important position to go in with only 3

Anyone with Gold access care to reel off the R/Fs?

Ryder 543k
Lycett 418k
Clarke 408k
Hale 393k
Gawn 340k
Belchambers 302k
Campbell 268k
Sinclair 267k
McKernan 255k
Cordy 254k
Hannath 192k
Wright 187k
Grimley 176k
O'Brien 117k
Read 110k
McLaren 105k
Cox 102k

Barring injury I will be starting with Maric and Minson as I always look for ruckman who underperformed the previous year due to injury.

I am thinking at this stage to go with a Jacobs Kruzer and Leuey combo, as there are vey few low price options. Means a lot of cash on the bench but will cover for injury as long as one of K and L stays fit. Also both could be very handy cash cows. I will be going very low price in defence which will allow me to afford this. I still have Rocky Abblett and Pendles in the Middle and five "premium" forwards. Well with draft one anyway.

I am thinking at this stage to go with a Jacobs Kruzer and Leuey combo, as there are vey few low price options. Means a lot of cash on the bench but will cover for injury as long as one of K and L stays fit. Also both could be very handy cash cows. I will be going very low price in defence which will allow me to afford this. I still have Rocky Abblett and Pendles in the Middle and five "premium" forwards. Well with draft one anyway.

Your backline must be a wreck :$

have a feeling toby nankervis might be a good option next year
The kid is talented but how do you see him fitting into Sydney's structures? With Pyke, Tippet, Reed, Franklin and Goodes I can't see room for another ruck in the 22. Unless Longmire wants to reintroduce the coaching master stroke of starting a ruck as the sub.

The kid is talented but how do you see him fitting into Sydney's structures? With Pyke, Tippet, Reed, Franklin and Goodes I can't see room for another ruck in the 22. Unless Longmire wants to reintroduce the coaching master stroke of starting a ruck as the sub.
I think Longmire will be seriously looking at having a second ruckman next year, IMO Tippett/Reid are wasted as a second rucks - a bit like Roughead was for Hawthorn a couple of years back. Might not bode well for Reid if this is the case however he may be sent to the backline.

I really, really like the look of Nankervis too, he looks confortable both in the ruck and up forward and I dare say he will play senior footy in the next 6-12 months, but I wouldn't discount Naismith getting the nod ahead of him next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back